RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Exempt Actor Stats

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    No Actor Levels
    Version: 1.5
    Author: Welfare-Daddy Pacman
    Date: March 26, 2011

Version History

• <Intergration> 27.03.2011 - Script integrated with myExempt Battle Stats script into Exempt Actor Parameters. This script is now obsolete.
      • <Version 1.0> 23.03.2011 - Original Release
      • <Version 1.1> 23.03.2011 - Made the script actually work.
      • <Version 1.2> 24.03.2011 - Prevented EXP to be shown on status menu.
      • <Version 1.3> 24.03.2011 - Added no HP and MP options to script.
      • <Version 1.4> 25.03.2011 - Added Battle Stats (ATK, DEF, AGI and SPI) options to script, added choice on which to use the EXP feature. This version was creeping with errors, reverted to 1.3.
      • <Version 1.5> 26.03.2011 - Fixed and revamped the EXP feature, removed choice option because it was stupid and didn't work.

Planned Future Versions
      • Compatibility with simple HUDs as (if) requested.
      • Battle stat options.

Description

This script allows you to choose which actors, if any, should have levels, EXP, HP or MP displayed. This is most likely to be used in games where you don't want your actor's progress easily trackable or in games where characters don't have levels, i.e. non-fighting games.

Features

• Allows creator to choose which actors have levels displayed.
      • Lets you choose if Actors have HP, MP or EXP displayed.
      • Incredibly easy to implement.

Screenshots

Not applicable, really.

Instructions

• See the script for instructions, it's right below this.

Script

Code: [Select]
    #==============================================================================
    #  Exempt Actor Stats
    #  Version: 1.5
    #  Author: Welfare-Daddy Pacman (rmrk.net)
    #  Date: March 26, 2011
    #
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
    #  Description:
    #
    #  This script allows you to choose which actors, if any, should have levels,
    #  EXP HP or MP displayed. This is most likely to be used in games where you
    #  don't want your actor's progress easily trackable or in games where
    #  characters don't have levels or gauges, i.e. non-fighting games.
    #
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
    #  Instructions:
    #   
    #  - Place this script in the materials section, above Main.
    #  - Enter the Actor IDs whose levels and EXP you don't want displayed in the
    #  EXEMPT_LEVEL_EXP Array, as shown.
    #  - Enter the Actor IDs whose HP and MP in their respective arrays,
    #  EXEMPT_HP and EXEMPT_MP.
    #=============================================
    class Window_Base # DO NOT REMOVE THIS!!!
    # EDITABLE REGION:
    #
    EXEMPT_LEVEL_EXP = [1, 2] # Place Actor IDs whose levels and exp you do not want
    # displayed here, e.g. [1, 2, 3]
    #
    EXEMPT_HP = [1, 2, 3, 4] # Place Actor IDs whose HP you do not want displayed here
    # as above.     
    #
    EXEMPT_MP = [1, 2, 3, 4] # Do the same for Actors you desire to have no MP.
    #
    # END EDITABLE REGION 

# EXEMPTING ACTOR LEVELS 

alias exempt_draw_actor_level draw_actor_level
    def draw_actor_level(actor, x, y)
      if EXEMPT_LEVEL_EXP.include?(actor.id)
        return
      else
          exempt_draw_actor_level(actor, x, y)
        end
      end
    end

#============================================

# EXEMPTING ACTOR EXP

class Window_Status < Window_Base
      alias exempt_draw_exp_info draw_exp_info
      def draw_exp_info(x, y)
        if EXEMPT_LEVEL_EXP.include?(@actor.id)
          return
        else
          exempt_draw_exp_info(x, y)
        end
      end
    end

# EXEMPTING ACTOR HP

class Window_Base
      alias exempt_draw_actor_hp draw_actor_hp
      def draw_actor_hp(actor, x, y, width = 120)
        if EXEMPT_HP.include?(actor.id)
          return
        else
          exempt_draw_actor_hp(actor, x, y, width)
        end
      end
    end

# EXEMPTING ACTOR MP

class Window_Base
      alias exempt_draw_actor_mp draw_actor_mp
      def draw_actor_mp(actor, x, y, width = 120)
        if EXEMPT_HP.include?(actor.id)
          return
        else
          exempt_draw_actor_mp(actor, x, y, width)
        end
      end
    end

#PROCESS COMPLETE

Credit

• Welfare-Daddy Pacman
    Thanks
    • LoganForrests for pointing out an error I should've seen in such a small script and help with my scripting overall.
    • DarkCodeZero for the request.
    • Brewmeister for the idea.
    • RMRK for being awesome.

Known Compatibility Issues

It's unlikely to work with HUDs. That being said, it could probably be made compatible with just a little tweaking.

Author's Notes

If something is wrong, let me know immediately. This will let me know what to fix and hopefully how. Tell me the error, what doesn't work or whatever. If you have a request, just let me know.

:ccbysa: :rmvx:
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:24:33 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »
    it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
    Level 84
    Wow. Really awesome! Just what I needed. One question for something to add possibly?

(1) Under the level it also tell you your current EXP.
    (2) Under the current EXP it says how much to next level.

Can you get rid of those things as well?

You rock Pac.

Rep:
    Level 82
    All this script does is simply prevent drawing of the actor's level. You can still level up with it, as well as gain exp. Time will still be spent processing the current/next level exp requirements as it currently stands.

As a temp fix, adding the following code to that script will stop the status window drawing the exp:

Code: [Select]
    class Window_Status < Window_Base

alias exempt_draw_exp_info draw_exp_info
      def draw_exp_info(x, y)
        if EXEMPT_LEVEL.include?(@actor.id)
          return
        else
          exempt_draw_exp_info
        end
      end

end

It works on testing it, though it's without any other scripts.

EDIT: You can use this along side Jet's No Actor EXP script from his Snippet's collection to prevent specific actors from gaining exp and stop the exp/level from being shown. You can get the collection from this link here (you'll have to scroll down to modern algebra's post at the end for the new download link).
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:16:58 AM by LoganForrests »
    (Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    Ah, I didn't think about that. Thanks for that code. Added to the script. Logan's code will be in the script until I have enough time and can be bothered to do it myself.

If anyone wants any HUDs or simple scripts compatible, just tell me.
    Also, thanks DarkCodeZero! I wasn't very confident in my work, I'd much rather do my scripting with VX as a reference; I don't have it atm.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:35:50 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    Update: EXP portion used is still Logan's (and will remain so until I get VX), but I have added two features to the script: No HP and No MP. The arrays are set up exactly the same, classes defined, alias used (to MA's liking, I'm sure) etc.
    I will continue simple udpates like this for quite some time.

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    'Nother update: EXP portion overhauled, surprisingly, and added the battle stats (ATK, DEF, AGI, SPI) options to the script. Should any stupid errors occur, just post here.
    Told you I would update.

Rep:
    Level 84
    Get syntax errors all over the place now.

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    Get syntax errors all over the place now.
    Told you there'd be stupid errors. Ok, I'll repost 1.3 so that I don't make myself look stupider. 1.4 will be posted when I know it works.
    EDIT: Reverted.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:37:18 PM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
    Level 82
    It's the difficulty of making scripts when you don't/didn't have the software to test it with. At least it's getting there now.
    (Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    Haha, I've defeated you, obstacle! I now have VX again!
    And, I've created version 1.5, completely free of syntax errors!
    The next version - 2.0 -, provided I don't need to do anything else, will be up by the end of today (26 March, EAST)

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    The battle stats script is up and available here. The two scripts will soon be integrated.