RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Box push puzzle system

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Simple Puzzle System
Version: <2.0>
Author: Pokefan

Version History

• <Version 3.0> <New features added: Optional pulling, Press button reset>
  • <Version 2.0> <Plug and play-able>
  • <Version 1.0> <First working release >
Description

A simple push the box into the space style puzzle.
Features
  • 4 boxes/spaces
  • Optional time-limit
  • Reset game option
  • a press-button reset
  • Pull-ability
Planned Additional Features
  • Remember past position of box/boulders
Screenshots

Instructions
Free the variables 401 ~ 417. and the switches 401~408.Copy all parallel processes and box/spaces
to the map. copy the common events to common event no.10 and 11. Copy reset map and event. Create event for time-limit control or Control switches as desired.
Controls:
Z button: Load reset
A+C+Directional key:Pull
Credit

• Zeriab, for cleaning up my system
Demo

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:10:24 PM by modern algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
It's simple and it works. Perfect for beginners wanting to learn how to do this.

However, I'd also recommend you keep at it too for things like polish. Iunno about you, but I would hate having to reset a puzzle because the block got stuck in the corner, and if you were to leave the map even after solving the puzzle, everything would still be reset. My suggestion would be two things. One, allow the player to push or pull the boulder, so that they cannot get stuck in an unsolvable situation that requires them to reset. Two, define where the boulders are upon entering the map (this will include initial coordinates for all of them), so that when the player returns to the map at a later point, the boulders are still where the player left them previously.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
It's simple and it works. Perfect for beginners wanting to learn how to do this.

However, I'd also recommend you keep at it too for things like polish. Iunno about you, but I would hate having to reset a puzzle because the block got stuck in the corner, and if you were to leave the map even after solving the puzzle, everything would still be reset. My suggestion would be two things. One, allow the player to push or pull the boulder, so that they cannot get stuck in an unsolvable situation that requires them to reset. Two, define where the boulders are upon entering the map (this will include initial coordinates for all of them), so that when the player returns to the map at a later point, the boulders are still where the player left them previously.

First of all, thanks for the feedback! :D
Actually, i was inspired to make this from an old game called box or something, and in it if a box got stuck in a corner, you had to reset to play again, and i thought pullability would make it easy. But, I'm gonna try making it an option(pull), possibly in the next version, So that the creator can decide whatever he wants. Or if the game has multiple difficulty modes, pull could be only accessible in easy or something.
As for the saving where the boulders were last tme, I'll try that out too. :)

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Version 3.0 is up
New features:
 a press-button reset
 Pull-ability
Controls:
Z button: Load reset
A+C+Directional key:Pull
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:10:37 AM by Johnny English »