RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] KH: Eternal War [small 5min demo out!]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014

Spoiler for:
(this takes places after kh 2, buuuut doesn't include any events of kh coded because I don't know the story to it.)
Things had been peaceful since sora and riku defeated xemnas and restored balance. One day Mickey shows up to take sora and riku to see master yen sid. They are sent to collect darkness from the worlds in order to prove as part of their mark of mastery exams. Evil is lurking though, and sora and riku soon find out that they are up against more than they thought.

Spoiler for:
Sora:
Sora is the main character he undergoes many changes in this game. He is 15 and was born and raised on destiny island. He is the best friend of kairi and riku.
Riku:
Riku is one of the lead characters in this game. His heart had given in to the darkness, but that only made his heart stronger in light. He was born and raised on destiny island. He is 16 and is the best friend of sora and kairi.
Kairi:
Kairi plays a small role in this game. She is 15 and was born in radiant garden, but raised in destiny island. She is also the best friend of sora and riku.
Roxas:
Roxas plays a big role in this game. He is sora's other half, a nobody who wasn't supposed to exist. He is back in this game.

Spoiler for:
NEW: The title screen:(FINAL)

New Intro:

The loading menu:(still looks the same, but with a new title in the background)

The Main Menu:(looks the same)

Heartless! (blizz abs ftw!)(few more fetures were added.)

Spoiler for:
KH 5min Demo 20mb
Missing Font - 280kb
Controls:
Arrow keys - move up down left or right
Z - Swing keyblade
enter,space - Accept, examine, talk
X - cancel, open menu
Note: RTP IS REQUIRED FOR THE DEMO. The real one will be rtp independent, but for this demo I didn't want to bother with all the removing junk. It is high in size because the only thing I removed from this demo are the systems that are not used. (common evented ones) All the graphics and music and other junk is still in there, and that is causing the 20mb file. I'm hoping the completed game will be under 75mb MAX I'm shooting for around 50mb, but who knows.

WHY THE PROJECT WON'T FAIL:
Spoiler for:
I have tried and tried and tried to make a kh game before, but I always ran into some issue. I either needed sprites, needed a menu, or needed help, but never got any of those. Now I have become more experienced and can edit my own sprites and scripts. (80% of the graphics are custom even some maps) I have all the systems necessary to finish the game, and I will. All I need is sprites, which I am making now. This project will succeed!

Suggestions:
I usually get on cp everyday or at least 3 times a week, but if you want to send me a suggestion for a world, character, keyblade, heartless, whatever, just send me an email to my new email :). zexion@chaos-project.com

With the name change comes a new title, and a new intro. The system is still the same though. All the destiny island maps stayed the same, but events were removed because the beginning story has changed a bit.
A few more features were added.
red = Not started
blue = started but not complete
green = complete
Spoiler for:
New title
New intro
New world - 20%
Scrolling information bar
Enemy Hp
2 New Keyblades
Fully working animated 3 party Hud
Auto Target with GFX
6 new skills, thunder thundara thundaga fire fira firaga
Other skills blizzard, blizzra, blizzaga, reflect, reflera, reflega, aero, aeroa, aeroaga, cure, cura, curaga sonic blade, thunder surge, mega flare, fissure
Synthesis system
Synthesis items
Abilities glide, doge roll, jump, high jump.
world select menu
Moogle Points (to buy certain world specific items.)
Here is a support button :)(these will be updated later)
Spoiler for:
Here's the code:
Code: [Select]
[URL=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41961.0.html][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2277/supporth.png[/IMG]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:28:31 PM by modern algebra »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why call it kingdom hearts 3? why not just drop the three because it's really pretentious for a fangame, just saying.

but other than that it looks pretty cool.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Agreed. However, I'd like to know some key facts about your game.

What engine does it use? What features from the KH series will be seen? Any other scripts? Custom graphics? Any other people helping you? More credits?
People on these forums help those who help themselves. Most of the time.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Drop the 3 please :3

Also, beaware you're going to get hit hard if this is awful. Don't screw it up and good luck!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
1. the 3 stays. That's the logo, and without the three all i got is a tilted crown... I don't want another crappy recolored heart. If it bothers enough people on this forum, then later on I will change it only for this forum.
2. sorry for not putting a lot of info. I don't want to reveal the plot too much, because there are a looot of twists.
3. I'm trying my best on this project hopefully people will like it, and if not oh well (this is mainly for a friend anyway you'll see in the game.)
Thanks for the lucky though appreciate it :)
Anyways, I updated stuff today. Might make a spoiler with pics of features and what not, but for now this is (part of) what i did today.

I completely re-did a map and I think it's 100% better! (this is the map that leads to the cave in destiny islands where sora and kairi drew things as kids)
Here's the old map:sorry for the resolution(i didn't have a pic so I got one from a video.)
Spoiler for:

Here's the new map:
Spoiler for:
The rock wall, the waterfall, the water, and the cave are custom sprited. (and of course the entire map is entirely custom.)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Thhey both seem to be lacking somethng. They're very empty, and the rock and cave need more depth and texture, But overall, you're off to a great start bro.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Yeah, I know what you mean by the wall and cave lol they are kinda bleh, but as for the emptiness, I dunno what else to put because this is really just a path into that cave :P maybe some events like tidus or something (can't use  selphie because she owns that new shop.) maybe a moogle or something?

also:
Agreed. However, I'd like to know some key facts about your game.

What engine does it use? What features from the KH series will be seen? Any other scripts? Custom graphics? Any other people helping you? More credits?
People on these forums help those who help themselves. Most of the time.

It uses rmxp. The features will be:
Spoiler for:
A complete new combat system(more suit to the 2d non iso-metric style.)
Some-kh features such as
"information" scrolling window
basic enemy hp
a variation of 358 days hud
enemy targeting
full custom menu with most animations.
jornal and reports
every keyblade has an ability
only 3 in a party
item synthesis
some previous worlds like Olympia, Destiny Islands, Halloween Town(with costumes), and Radiant Garden
some new worlds (only revealing one right now.) Hyrule
Custom Graphics including:
Spoiler for:
full kh2 riku done 95% by me(one attack frame wasn't mine)
 full kh2 sora done 80% by me(I did the left\right and down walking and all the attacking sprites)
 full kh bbs style menu 90% by me(used some of moghunter's scripts and HEAVILY edited them.)
 menu gfx 80% me (some of the words used different font that I couldn't find)
 around 15 new keyblades total. maybe more (each has its own sprite)
 hud 90% me (the party members are 100% me, and graphics are 50% me because i did animate faces and remove riku's blindfold.)
 Maps 80% custom by me (they are mostly panoramic 1 of which was completely sprited by hand, others were just graphically edited by me to look like they do.)
 Custom save system 70% me(gfx 60% because the pictures were already made, but i made the layout and text and colored backgrounds)
 some custom charsets and enemies
most hud graphics in the game are made by me.

The people helping me are at chaos-project mostly blizz, and some other scripters :P
They mainly help when i get a but i can't fix, but usually i can fix them alone, and edit my own scripts.
But thanks to them if they are reading this :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:20:52 PM by Chaos_Zexion »

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
I agree with the others. Drop the 3 and just called it Kingdom Hearts.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Now you got the Hollow Bastion song (from KH1) stuck in my head. The game looks very good, the only thing I'm wondering is how the combat works. Is it just button mashing or will there be a need for magic? Most ABS games I've played can be easily finished by spamming attack.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
There will be a need for magic. I'm going to make some enemies immune to melee and others resist certain magic. Besides that, it would be easy anyways to add "commands" to your command line in game. I will also make certain enemies hit you harder when you are not using certain spells, or commands.

I have run into 1 problem, but I have the solution already. Normally when sora uses the keyblade to cast magic, but since the keyblade will change in the game, this isn't possible for this game. The battle system allows for weapon sprites when attacking, and skill sprites when using a skill, but it wont check what weapon you have.

sooo to fix it I'm just making sora use his hands for magic.

edit:
Okay, I've finally given in. I've changed the title screen completely. The logo has yet to be made though, but the new name is Kingdom Hearts: Eternal War
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:42:53 AM by Chaos_Zexion »

Rep:
Level 70
need help with iphone game
oh man i just loove kingdom hearts i have re-coded, 538/2 and kingdom hearts 2.
are you the one in charge of this all?
currently making: iphone game

TIPS NEEDED!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
keep it up, it looks promising

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hey, he fixed the title!
Is better, but it uses one of Holk's forbidden words. I suppose it'll do...
for now.
The game looks great though! (blizz ABS for the win indeed)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 70
need help with iphone game
when is demo coming out? cant wait
currently making: iphone game

TIPS NEEDED!

Rep:
Level 73
Collapse.
I would like to know about when the demo is gonna come too!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Okay, sorry I haven't checked back in a while, but my internet was down for almost a month due to a dead battery in my usb modem, but I just got it back last week. The develeopment was slowed down a lot in the mean time because of the lack of resources offline, but I still worked on sytems and re-did the intro, and wrote an excellent story.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Kinda bumping because you updated and didn't post.

Rep:
Level 73
Collapse.
So I installed both fonts in the game folder, but i still can't see any text within the game...

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Sometimes when you install fonts it takes a while to load them. Restarting your computer should've done the trick. The text used in the text boxes is arial so it should be already installed in all computers. The custom font is only for the main menu and isn't required for the demo because the menu isn't really used. In any case if you try it again it should work. The message boxes are transperent so you should only see the text.

It turns out there was a different font for the text boxes, so I uploaded it. Here it is to anyone who needs it, sorry for the inconvenience!

http://uppit.com/7gw06njkz9vf/Fonts.rar
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:30:58 PM by Chaos_Zexion »