RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FFTA-like world map

Rep:
Level 83
This script will help you to display a world map like in FFTA .

I mean something like this :

The player is simply moving from location to location .
Before someone ask me : Yes , most of this can be made in event . But i think it is easier to setup with my script (and my personal objective was to work on sprites) .

Every location is an event . the directions are setup with labels .
These labels are something like this :
right,3,Red,12,true

that means :
- This location is on the right
- The destination is the event number 3
- the road is in color red (uppercase or lowercase , it doesn't matter)
- The road is open only if the swtch 12 is on (-1 if always open)
- true : this road is available from the destination event .
You can have 4 labels in a location . But you cannot have 2 for the left for exemple (including a "right" road from another location ) .

next to the labels , you can put all that will happen when the hero reach the location .

You can use this :
$game_system.previous_event
to know from which location you are coming .
On the volcano event for exemple you have a condition :
$game_system.previous_event == 5

You can also use :
$game_system.current_event
to know on which location the hero is (check the forest in the demo) .

There is some setup inside the script . you can change the thickness or the transparency of the line for exemple . Or maybe add some colors . You can also choose if the hero is animated or not .

Thanks balbi' for the idea
Thanks to berka and cacao for some piece of code
And thanks to SD-Arius for the icons .

Here is a small demo :
V1.0 english (5 megas)
http://www.mediafire.com/?2abnrs304uwjzjz
V1.0 french (5megas)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1enkxlyghj8jqus

Use only standard 17*13 maps . I am working to make it work on larger ones . But for the moment , it doesn't display well .

If you have any suggestions or questions , you're welcome .
This script is a "1.0" , but i am still working on it .
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice work dricc. Keep it up!