RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] 1 - Drew

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
   The way your brain works in a stressful situation is pretty simple. It tries to lock in on something familiar. It does this, because if the entirety of the horrid predicament that you've entered into is acknowledged, the brain can do some pretty terrible things to the body. The major concern is being internally drowned in chemicals that could make you numb. I don't mean just "fell asleep on your arm" numb. I mean that you're pretty much a mannequin. If this happens, nobody wins. If you freeze, then what was all this for?
   The trick is to focus on the details. This way the brain feels safe. It feels like it understands. After all, we need to keep that big bundle of nerves and cords happy. If we don't, it just might kill us. And if it doesn't, well, let's face it: we'd still be of no use to anyone.
   "The barrel of the gun is tangled in her hair."
   Now there's something I can work with. A straight forward problem, with a cut and dry solution. And look at that! The brain's favorite tool can be used: A list!
   Step 1 - Clear away excess hairs so that the trouble spot can be located.
   Step 2 - Carefully untangle the errant follicles.
   Step 3 - Suppress gag reflex.
   Of course, in this state, she probably wouldn't even notice if I yanked the fucker out. But I don't mean to be crude. After all, one shouldn't speak ill of the dead. Especially when the dead occupy the same room as oneself. The same bed. The same crib.
   I promise I'm not crazy. I'm not a psychopath. She was injured, and the baby... Well, the baby was just too damn much for me to handle alone. I didn't even want a kid until the end, and even then I knew that there was no chance at a normal family life. The world was just going to be different. I had to look after myself. You understand?
   If you're wondering if I cried, the answer is no. Sure, details can help with some of the insanity, but a bit still creeps through. It seeps into the cracks and hardens, becoming nearly impossible to scrub off. Still, through all of this, I find comfort in knowing that they won't have to see what comes next. I have a feeling it isn't going to be much fun.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:38:22 AM by boe »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
When I first started reading I thought maybe the three you posted; Drew, Melody, and Peyton and Thomas, were all part of the same story. Now that I have read them all I must say this is my favorite, followed by Peyton and Thomas, and lastly Melody. 

I want to know what is going on here.  How was she injured?  What was coming next?  Tons of questions are swirling in my head.  I want answers :mad:

But seriously, very good =o 

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
They are all part of the same story~

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
ohhhh.. now I am even MORE curious..  moar pls

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'm just starting a tour of the Librarium, and I have to say that in spite of the grisly nature of the material, that was damned good writing. It was a fast read, in the sense that I couldn't stop.
:tinysmile: