RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Æsir Recruitment

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Æsir
Recruitment Thread

About the game

Æsiris a fantasy RPG: Magic, Swords, Samurai, Monsters. Judging by the content, and possibility for fowl language the rating would probably be T-M. It's not going to be too over exciting. I don't know anything about scripting, and I lack the computer artistic talent to make animations, or sprites, so the simpler the better. That and I want to make it have a feel like the old classic games. 2D battlers, low tech, good story. The games we grew up with.

I kind of like the default battle system. It gives a nostalgic feel. I may use side view battle system if i can find a good ATB one.

Recruiting

I am pretty new to RPG Maker. I don't know much about Scripting, and I lack the artistic talent to do spriting. However, I do find myself pretty decent in mapping, and eventing. I am looking for an artist(s), a spriter(s), tester(s), composer(s), and possibly a scripter(s), eventer(s), and voice actors.

The reason why I say, "possibly" is because I can do the events myself. However, I do run in to problems from time to time such as the problem with my doors giving an error when you enter the city; which I still don't know how to fix. As well as a scripter in case of problems. As for voice actors: I just haven't decided if I'm going to roll that way just yet.

Artist(s)

What I need from the artist(s) are a few things: Battlers [back facing the player], Status pictures [front facing player], face graphics, a logo, a title screen, and maybe a banner for my [our] Recruitment thread and project thread. They dont need to be individual banners. One banner can do the job of two. I can draw, but I am not that great. If it comes down to it I will do the art myself, however, I'd like the project to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible. Of course you will be added to the "Team" section of the project, and added to the credits under any name you choose.

Spriter

I would love to have all custom sprites so I don't have to use any of the defaults. Using the default animal sprites, or sign sprites doesn't bother me. However, player sprites, and maybe some NPC/Monster sprites would be nice. Also if the spriter(s) could do the icons for items/weapons too that would be great.

Testers

I currently have many friend who have been testing my game. However, many of them ignore faults, or spelling errors, and that isn't helping me at all. I have included a .txt file that is for people who are testing to rate/comment/mention errors while they are playing. Those who find errors, or just simply email the form to me will be added to the credits at the end of the game. Sometimes there may not be any errors, so if the form is filled out properly thats fine.

Composer

I would really love to have slim to no music from the default. Audio sounds are fine. Sound effects like dogs barking I don't mind. I'd love to have all the music custom. The one that is my main concern right now is the title. I'd say that is a main priority. If I could get one or more composers working together that would be great.

Scripter

The main reason why I want a scripter is to fix problems I may have. It would be awesome to have custom menus, battle systems, etc, but that is just a bonus. Having this game look original as possible is very important to me, but I am willing to work with what I have.

Eventer/Writer

Same as above. I can do the events myself. It's mainly to fix problems. Maybe even help with story.

Voice Actors

I haven't decided if I want to have voice actors. That being said it is not hard to add them as far as I know. It's simply recording the voice and playing a sound effect. Isn't it? Anyway. It would add a bit of depth, and character to the characters, and keep the player intrigued. Maybe if I get a few good auditions I'll add it. I would love to have it, but until I get some interest in it is it just up in the air.

Information on the characters can be found in my New Project thread. Link is below.

Team

The team so far is myself. I have done all the maps, all the story has been thought up by me, and I have done all the events. Scripts I have found on the forum will be credited. However, these are just public scripts not scripts made specifically for this game, so I don't feel as if we are part of a "team."

Links

New Project Thread

Screenshots

[Coming once I get some cutom sprites/battlers/etc]
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
If I can I would like to be a beta tester, as for events I'm not good at scripting but basic event making I could do, please pm me so I can have some information, note this is my first time in the recruitment board of an kind...

note I know the program Mad Tracker can play xm music and a lot of the music is pretty good and you can make sound effects with it as well if needed...

thank you for your time kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

http://www.madtracker.org/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:46:14 PM by kaboth »
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
I can make some sprites. I'm sorta new to it but I'm not half bad.

PM me up for requests. Composing, Scripting, Eventing and/or Spriting. I'm not good at pixel art, but I'll be happy to make title screens and logo's.

Example of my work:

Spoiler for Music:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzd7mAh43A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzd7mAh43A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhw-ycsndfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhw-ycsndfA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLJuiCy1MI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLJuiCy1MI</a>

Spoiler for Eventing:
No references here, but I can make mostly whatever you want. Important: I'm not signing up as eventer, but as eventing consultant. I will answer your questions and help make stuff you cant make, but I wont do stuff like ordinary npc's or dialogues or whatever. :)

I'm too lazy to upload examples of graphical design right now. I'll do it later ;)

EDIT: the IGADECO bar in my signature was made by me, that's an example I guess. Don't mind my horrible avatar. It's way old

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:53:08 PM by valdred »

Rep:
Level 75
Okay, I got 2 sprites for Ramen Toshio Uzumaki. Which do you like better?

Rep:
Level 75
Here is him with a sword.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:10:42 PM by kboom »

Why not just edit your post?  :P

Rep:
Level 75
I didnt think of doing that.

Rep:
Level 75
And here is the girl mage.

Rep:
Level 75
Changed the hair a bit, the colors blend better now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:29:58 AM by kboom »

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Woah my topic is still here?! Awesome!
Okay! sorry for the huge hiatus, but my gf at the time I was making this game left me, and took the computer. Until now I didn't have a pc. Now I have my files off her pc, and on mine, but I do not have internet. However, I am working on that, and getting a workin copy of RMXP! :3

I'm still looking for partners for this project if anyone is interested. I'll update the first post as soon as I get the chance. :3

thanks for not locking my topic! <3
Spoiler for: