RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Strange Question.

Rep:
Level 83
Hey guys, I'm using RPG Maker 2003, and I'm in the process of creating a gift giving system. Just one problem, I have a character that I want to only like one particular item, is there a way for me to have her reject all other items except that one item that she likes?

Let's just say this character only likes cheese.

I use Shop Window C, put it on SELL ONLY. If the player decides to give cheese, then the character will say "Thanks, I like this,", but if he gives any other item, the character will say "Wow, I really don't like this,"

Really doing my head in, I'm not great at explaining, so if there is something you don't get about my question, ask me and I'll try and clear it up. Any help is really appreciated.

Also, if anybody can tell me the coding for this. I want a character to stay on one spot, then at a certain time, he will walk back to his house and then the very next day, he will be back in that spot and so on. I'm having trouble making it continue.

(I have the time system and day/night system worked out, btw)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:13:21 AM by Milespleasant »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So, what you're looking at is character specific items, like in Dark Cloud with characters who have favorite foods you can use to level them up?