RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Don't You Like Such Pretty Sunsets? [VX] [MMORPG]

Rep:
Level 75
what am i supposed to put here oh no im almost out

THIS PROJECT IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT!

As I was thinking about what project to take part in next, I kept coming back to a story/novella I had written a while back titled "Don't you like such pretty sunsets?" which takes place in a futuristic city overpopulated and Augmented Reality glasses take the place of most computers. The plot, in essence, questions what is God and what determines a human.

I'm not sure if RPG Maker VX is even capable of what I have in mind, but it would be a dystopic society full of rich detail and mostly leaning on puzzle solving and general exploration elements. There will be a full city just begging to be explored with the opportunity to grow, level up and meet new allies! Any location can be explored at will, and will be fully non-linear.

If I had to give the game a rating, it would be M.

_PLOT_: (TRUE)
Spoiler for:
The players work for a special and quickly-growing branch of the city police force dedicated to Cybercrime. As Augmented Reality technology increases, reading human thought patterns and even closer forms of control emerge and make hacking and other forms of crime almost deadly to those caught in the crossfire. Along with this, there is an entire world-within-a-world of the Internet, which as of late has become a haven for corruption, sex, black market sales and arms trading. The story starts off simple at first, being that a supposed hacker has been breaking down 'zones' (Areas of a city with AR enabled) knocking everyone inside unconscious and even putting a few in a coma. (Usually, broken zones result in a headache or simply unpleasant over stimulation) As time goes on, investigations reveal that all of the personal data within the glasses was wiped, save for old and badly corrupted images of sunsets. The reason for people fainting and even going into comas was because of the surge of information, implying that they where used as couriers and not as targeted victims of attacks. Time goes on as areas within the entire metropolis start to go out, and the 'hacker' they are looking for is something much more devious...

_CHARACTERS_: (TRUE)
Spoiler for:
Whatever you would like! The game will focus on RPG elements along with a multi-class system and the ability to become whatever you would want!

THE_GOOD_: (TRUE)
Spoiler for:
The city is mostly teeming with neutral citizens. Some better then others. As the game progresses the player will maintain relationships and even be forced to exchange money and other supplies for information. The city Cyberpolice force is obviously the headquarters for the protagonist, a large towering building near the center of the city, constantly reading data signals.

THE_BAD_: (TRUE)
Spoiler for:
Not everyone is a fan of the Cyberpolice. Dealers, market traders, hackers and encoders making illegal scripts that modify the augmented world are violent and won't hesitate to attack an officer.

SCRIPT_S: (NULL)
"Don't you like such pretty sunsets?" Uses a somewhat complicated system of the Augmented Reality Glasses. In a world that is driven by the flow of data, and where the real world and the artificial have combined, having these computer-glasses is integral to everyday life. Interacting with NPC's, puzzles and other story elements requires smart usage of the glasses. They can be triggered on/off at any point in the game.

There will be a large chance I will be using a few day/night scripts along with a few for lighting effects. Along with that, I'm sure I will have to make some event/scripts of my own in order to achieve some effects

Along with the above, the game will be (proudly) using the Vampr system to become an MMORPG! Players will be able to send private messages, team up and chat!

I will have a (very long) credits section when the project is close to being finished!

_TEAM_: (NULL)
None yet! I am in dire need of a good group of people to work with! Please check out my recruit thread in the links box below!

_LINKS_: (TRUE)
RECRUITMENT THREAD:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40126.msg462023.html#new

_SCREENSHOTS_: (TRUE)
Cybercrime HQ, main offices and starting area of game.
Spoiler for:

Further down, a lab that looks somewhat bland.. I wonder what happens if I turn on the glasses?

OH MAN! Some NPC's and even objects can only be seen and used when using the glasses. But, this can also be a bad thing...

A fake digital overlay of a city, used in the tutorial stages.

NEW_SCREENSHOTS_: (TRUE)
Spoiler for:
Avatars will be changed in later versions! Along with.. Doors.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:42:45 AM by Osaka »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I think this sounds pretty cool and there is a lot of room for cool battle/puzzle mechanics with your augmented reality idea. It's hard to see where you're going since it seems like a very new project, but I think if you take it in the right directions this could be a great project. Good luck!

Rep:
Level 75
Updated the OP with some screenshots and some other goodies! I am still looking for team members!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Moved to the formal project board. d:o
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 75
Bumping to update that this project is going to become an MMORPG using the Vampyr Client. (Yes, I got it all to work!) Please see the recruitment thread!