RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Quest Journal Config

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Quest Journal Config
Authors: game_guy
Build v1.1: 1.0.0.1
Build v2.0: N/A

Introduction

Introducing the Quest Journal Config by game_guy yea! Using this program, you can easily create quests and setup the options for modern algebra's Quest Journal script! With a brand new snazzy design and tons of tweaks, this config app is so much more easier to use than previous versions!

Features

• Configure main constants. Quest label, quest icons, etc.
  • Have anywhere between 1-9999 quests
  • Have between 1-9999 objectives
  • Save and Load Config for Later Use
  • Easily choose icon and colors
  • Change iconset and window to the one you're using
  • Generates the Config, the Script, and Paragraph formatter for those who don't have it

Screenshots

Spoiler for Main Window:
Spoiler for Icon Picker:
Spoiler for Color Picker:
Spoiler for Icon and Color Manager:

Spoiler for Icon Changer:
Spoiler for Window Changer:
Spoiler for Objectives Manager:
Spoiler for Generate:

Download

Downloads for Quest Journal 1.1:
Build 1.0.0.0
-Initial Release
Build 1.0.0.1
-Fixed Minor GUI Flaw
Downloads for Quest Journal 2.0:
N/A

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy ~ For making it
  • modern algebra ~ For the awesome quest journal script
  • Everyone else for awesome support. <3
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:49:49 PM by game_guy »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
This is kind of neat, especially since it takes so long to configure the Quest Journal the normal way.

Rep: +0/-0Level 77
RMRK Junior
I will say to. It looks really nice and very professional like. :)

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Thanks. Glad you guys like it!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Man, what a day....
I had some Issues getting it to work on my project. the words colour in the generated scripts need to change from queens English (colour) to American English (color)Lines 734,736,740 758,760 and 762 are the only instances that caused failure on my game

example of what worked(line 758):
        contents.font.color = text_color (ModAlg_QuestData::COMPLETE_COLOURCOLOR)

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
My bad, when I get the time I'll fix it, thanks for reporting it.

EDIT: Instead of fixing lines 734,736,740 758,760 and 762 you could have just change the config text.
Under the config you could have made COMPLETE_COLOR to COMPLETE_COULOR

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Other than the COLOUR thing, I've run into two other problems.

One thing is if you disable Menu Access and Key Access in the main config, the script you generate at the end sets them to False instead of false causing an error.

The other thing is it sets all objectives' IDs to 0.

Both easy to fix manually but just letting you know about them.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Updated:
Fixed the Colour bug.
Fixed the capital True/False bug
Fixed the objective id's bug

Version 1.3 is released enjoy! Post any bugs please <3

RMRK Junior
Works perfect now as far as I could see.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:31:24 AM by Mike65707 »

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
my com says ???? syntaxerror 1050 ???? anyone knowing how to fix this??

Rep:
Level 83
You give us more information

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
I guess maybe the script didn't generate it right. However I won't be able to fix it. I lost the source code. I'm willing to remake it but it may be awhile til I get it.

Rep:
Level 76

Not really, this is all it says. sorry

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

Not really, this is all it says. sorry
What was meant was, we need to know what is going on at line 1050 of wherever the error is (if you look at the error message, you can find out where in the script section to look)...

And to do that, we need either a screencap of that area, or just the text that is used there.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
ooh, okay well ill check up on it, im sorry for not knowing what you guys mean and all.
Hehe, guess i will always be a newbie at this xD

RMRK Junior
Yeah, there's an error at line 1097, and all there is is the word
Code: [Select]
end
So yeah, any help???  :(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:26:43 PM by Zacksquest »
Behold the power of Emperor Mateus, the girliest looking male villain out there! (I'm playing FF2 right now, so that's why I have this sig.)

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Is the download link broken?

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
hey guys I plan on redoing this. My friend didnt pay for his hosting So bleh. Sorry

Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Before I get to in-depth with this program, has a newer version been created yet? I really like the Quest Journal (large props to you, Modern Algebra!), but it was always very taxing for me to go in a manually add all the quests for my game. I already have over 1,000 side quests and optional quests and then somewhere around 500 main line quests (maybe less, or more, still not sure); to do these all one by one is quite ~taxing~ to say the least. Thanks for making this great tool, btw, game_guy. :)

EDIT:
Oh, and the DL link is not working, it takes me to some website that offers game tickets (football, basketball, etc) and airline tickets and stuff... Can this be re-uploaded so we can DL it? :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:42:52 AM by kitten2021 »
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

SuperSpecialAwesome
Can someone please fix the download?

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
If you guys are willing to wait 1-3 weeks I'll have it completely remade. I lost the code and the program so I can't re-up now.

Y <3 ?
If you guys are willing to wait 1-3 weeks I'll have it completely remade. I lost the code and the program so I can't re-up now.

I've waited almost 3 years for this game I'm making to get this far, another 3 weeks most certainly wont kill me. :3

*BTW, does anyone know how to get the Quests in your Quest Journal to appear as options in a message or something? Such as, I have a fairy that can give you "some" advice on what to do if you are lost on a quest; but I'm not sure how to get her to ask you what quest you are having the problem with and to make sure she gives the info for the right quest.
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I believe that if you use the script option in the conditional branch, it returns as true if the quest is completed if you use a specific code. I can't remember what it is though. Not sure if it works for objectives or just overall quests. In any case:
Conditional Branch: If Script [that code thing, quest 1] then
     Conditional Branch: If Script [code again, quest 2] then
          Conditional Branch: If Script [once more, quest 3] then
               Etcetera for all main quests desired...
               Branch end
               else
               Need help with quest 3? I can help... etc.
          Branch end
          else
          Need help with quest 2? Maybe try this.
     Branch end
     else
     I can help you with quest 1.
Branch end

Or you coud just use switches, which would be much simpler.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Alright, some good news and bad news. Good news, the thing is almost half way done. Bad news, progress on this will have to hault for a full week as I'm getting ready for some school tests.

Y <3 ?
Alright, some good news and bad news. Good news, the thing is almost half way done.
Awesome! I'm glad to hear this... :)

Bad news, progress on this will have to hault for a full week as I'm getting ready for some school tests.

Don't worry about it, life always comes first to me. I hope the exams go well for you, GG. :)