RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Database Breaker

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Database Breaker
XP Version: 1.0
VX Version: 1.0

Introduction

(If this is in the wrong section please move, I didn't know where to place it)
Database Breaker is a simple GUI ruby app designed to break RMXP's database limits. For example, you just happen to need more then 999 items, RMXP won't let you. So you can use a script to change the items or you can use this.

God knows why I'm releasing this or why anyone would need over 1000 items or weapons etc. but it gets the job done. I made it mainly for practice and I don't expect anyone to use it.

Features

• Allows you to edit the size of any of the database data
  • Actors, classes, skills, items, weapons, armors, enemies, troops, states, animations, tilesets, common events, elements, switches, and variables
  • Console Window, for telling you the current action and when its done with that action
  • Both XP and VX Versions

Screenshots

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7xfk7IzvEs

Loading up the GUI
Spoiler for:
Editing a few things
Spoiler for:
Saving
Spoiler for:
Proof of Variable and Switch changing
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Download

Database Breaker download comes with the program and a data.rb file. It needs the data.rb file in order to edit your data properly.
Download the program, extract both files to your project folder and then run DBEditor.exe.

Mirror 1: RMXP Version Download (Size: 4.7MB)
By downloading the above program you agree that I or this program is not responsible for any loss of data. There are instructions and you should follow them to avoid any loss of data.

Mirror 1: RMVX Version Download (Size: 4.7MB)
By downloading the above program you agree that I or this program is not responsible for any loss of data. There are instructions and you should follow them to avoid any loss of data.

Instructions

NOTE: These instructions work for both the XP and VX version.
Step 1:Download and Placing Files
Okay so scroll up a little for the download. You can save or just open the zip. Extract the two files into your Projects folder. In the end it might look something like this.
Spoiler for:

Step 2:Backing up your Data (Optional)
Okay you don't have to do this but its recommended if you plan on using a very large number. The only time you need to worry about the program corrupting your game data is when you close the program while its dumping the game data. Okay so just copy and paste your data folder. Maybe something like this.
Spoiler for:

Step 3: Running and Editing
Okay run DBEditor.exe and a window and console will pop up. The console is for your needs telling you what its doing and when its done doing that. This is so you know for sure when its done editing your data.
The window shows you the size of everything in the database. The number of actors, classes, skills, items, weapons, armors, enemies, troops, animations, tilesets, common events, states, elements, switches, and variables.
Spoiler for:
Okay so you only want to edit one thing. The program is made so it only makes changes when changes have been made. For example, you leave everything the same except items. It will change the number of items and save it but it will not edit any other data. Okay for this example we'll change Items to 2000
Spoiler for:
When you're ready just click Save Data. Now if you look at the console it'll say Editing Current Data. Then you'll see Dumping Game Data... You will want to wait until it says Saving is Complete! This is to avoid any data corruption. Here's the console
Spoiler for:

Step 4: Seeing the Proof
Open up the project, and go into Items. You should see 2000. Click Change Maximum and try to go over 999 and you'll see it doesn't allow it.
Spoiler for:

Notes

A VX version is on its way. As of right now there's only one  version and its for RPG Maker Xp. Its not recommended to change anything over 10000. If you do it takes a little for RMXP to load up the project.
NOTE: DBEditor.exe and data.rb must be in the projects folder before being able to run.

Credits and Thanks

• Creators of Ruby ~ Making this possible
  • Creators of Ocra ~ The ruby compiler
  • Ronnie Mooney (game_guy) ~ For making the program
  • jragyn ~ For testing

Author's Notes

Enjoy! If you happen to run into a bug or an error, the console will tell you what the bug is and what line its at. Please post the error if you happen to bump into one.

NOTE: I don't expect anyone to use this. This was made for experience and practice. It was a fun project to make and enjoyed making it.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Awesome, though I'm a bit worried that having 99999 items in my inventory will lag things a bit.

NOTE: I don't expect anyone to use this. This was made for experience and practice. It was a fun project to make and enjoyed making it.

I do things like that sometimes. I hope that it was a fun experience and you got a lot out of it!

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Awesome, though I'm a bit worried that having 99999 items in my inventory will lag things a bit.

I do things like that sometimes. I hope that it was a fun experience and you got a lot out of it!

Yea, I like reading those game info's saying it has thousands of weapons or whatever yet there isn't nearly 1000. I'd still like to see a game with thousands of weapons.

The experience was great, it took me about 6 hours to make, I enjoyed every bit of it except running into the occasional bugs.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
pretty neat game_guy. You also might be surprised by what people want: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,38945.0.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:35:19 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Haha thanks wow. xD Glad someone's gonna find it useful. legacyblade also mentioned that it could be good for games like oblivion with all the useless items laying around.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
i think this kind of practice could be very fruitful. someday you or someone else might figure out a way to make a "new attribute" maker for the database, since all four attributes use virtually identical code and the subtle differences could probably be handled with short scripts. 

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Tile sets = 10 , what's that suppose to change?

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
The number of Tilesets in the database. If you click Database, go to the Tilesets tab, it'll change the number of those.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
thats for vx? or xp?

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!