RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
User Testing - RMRK4 Dark

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
[March 28th]

Moved out of the mod forum and now into extra access for more users to test it  :tpg:.

Been working on this for a while, and it's by no means complete.

RMRK4 Dark is essentially the same as the current default, yet it emulates the palette from the old RMRK2 Dark theme.

You can try switching to it here: http://rmrk.net/?theme=33

Note that this link only sets you on the new one for the current session, you need to directly choose it in your profile to make it permanent.
The name is RMRK4-lite V2.

The EA forum uses RMRK4 Lite V2 no matter what. Though keep in mind, due to how the "old" RMRk4 Lite saves the theme preferences, viewing a page on the old theme will reset the preferences for v2 back to the default light / sidebar visible. That'll stop once the old theme is replaced. I recommend going to your profile, themes and layout options, change, and choosing V2.

It's a "new" theme because I'm also rewriting parts of it to increase SMF 2 compatibility, if they ever actually release it. I also had to rewrite a fair chunk of it to allow it to basically be 2 themes in one.

When you switch to it, by default it should look largely the same. A key difference to the user is an extra button in the top right, next to where you would hide the sidebar. This lets you switch between light and dark, and you can change them independently.

Use this thread for suggestions and comments, bug reports etc.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:06:10 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm aware of the issue where the custom style is only applied after everything in the page has loaded. Hadn't noticed that when I was just testing off local host =(

I'll see what I can do about that; I have a few ideas which will work, just need to figure out the best way to implement them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:09:23 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
OK I don't know why you queers can't look at it. More specific variables like the exact titles of membergroups are only available globally in threads, so I can't check them everywhere =(. I relied on the global is_admin and is_mod ones. Green global mods should get included in that =s
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
I thought you were kidding when you said you'd try to make a new dark theme. o.o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Sorry, you don't have the correct permissions to try this theme just yet. Click here to switch back to RMRK4. If you changed to this theme via your profile settings, you should now go to your profile and change back to another theme to avoid seeing this message again.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
OK I don't know why you queers can't look at it. More specific variables like the exact titles of membergroups are only available globally in threads, so I can't check them everywhere =(. I relied on the global is_admin and is_mod ones. Green global mods should get included in that =s

Basically this. It's broken right now anyway lol ._.

I'm re-writing the way it switches / stores your prefs so you don't get blinded on every page load by white.

For now you may drool over the screenshot ;o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I think I got it sussed now ;]

Now to tweak some more things and check it's ok in other browsers besides firefocks =o
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:04:32 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
what the fuck opera :|
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
MAKE SURE THE THEME IS COMPATIBLE WITH IE6.  :mad:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
You can test my staff all you want, Roph. ;)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
I rewrote the preferences thing ;]

Now you're all able to use it. Switch to it here. Use it like normal, post any stuff that's wrong =o

I still know a few things like some damn rounded corners still being broken.
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
very cool. im using it right now. i'll post if i see anything weird

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It's easier on the eyes than the light theme.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
randomly, my theme changes back to the light theme. Like a minute ago I clicked View unread replies, that page was dark theme, then I clicked Forum to go home and it was light theme'd, but clicked it again and it was dark theme. I left the site and came back and it was in light theme, refreshed several times and it was back in dark theme. Odd stuff.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
There's a little square button right above your unread posts. Click it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
yeah, that's how i get back. though when i'm away from the site for more than like 10 minutes it reverts to the light theme again minus the button to click.

Rep:
Level 102
I can't reproduce that problem =s

When you change style a cookie is set with the style you chose, and it's read via php when you load a new page and the corresponding css is given as the default. I've been using dark for a few days now and not had that happen =o

What browser? Any weird cookie settings?

Try clearing them; I did use the same cookie name as the original RMRK4 cookie for the sidebar, maybe they're interfering, but the new one should overwrite the old one =s
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Drop support for these IE fages and use css round corners :3 plus it will make it easier for you ;--;
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
yeah, that's how i get back. though when i'm away from the site for more than like 10 minutes it reverts to the light theme again minus the button to click.

Oh FUCK I just realised why this happens to you.

Using a link like this: http://rmrk.net/?theme=33 only sets it as your theme for the current session. So after a while (or you leave and come back) you end up back on the standard RMRK4 (ID 17). Just go to your profile and set V2, then it'll stay on that. Forgot about that, lol.

[edit] just realised inline edit boxes are still white.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I like it a lot so far. One thing I noticed was that scrolling over the Unread Topics thingy in the attached made it really dark and unreadable, though most links are fine:

Rep:
Level 102
Fixed:

Link colour (above post)
Text in spoilers was black
All rounded corners on dark
Wrong icons for subforums
Inline editing still white

Spellchecking is tricky to theme, SMF sends a hard-coded "style.css" which doesn't even exist -_-

[edit] You won't see changes till I upload lol ;o
[edit] And even then you need to ctrl+f5 to force re-downloading new CSS.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:59:29 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
nice! i don't get that problem anymore.
now everything just runs slower than usual, but i'm assuming it's because you're updating the theme a lot and I have to keep re-downloading the new things.

Rep:
Level 102
Just replaced everything with an updated verison =o

Ctrl+F5  :police:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Fixed up special stuff for Opera and Safari.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

Left over from light, looks out of place.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep