RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Noir Light

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
My insanity keeps me sane
click here for demo yes I know the demo's shoddy it will be updated after I get some issues sorted out

Story Line

A distraught mother dies, trying to get her child to safety, though she doesn't make it the child does and is taken in by the guards of fort Tress. He is raised as one of their own.

Many years have past. Jaycen lives a rather boring life as one of the guards. Then after noticing a visitor who has green hair like himself. He ends up caught up in a world that is darker then he expected.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:46:21 PM by modern algebra »
Insanity is the Emergancy Exit, so smile… It's the only way out alive

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
"Feedback is hard to come by when there isn't much to back feed to. Why would you post this if you aren't going to put anything up? Why would I want to see this game? What's my motive?"

Also, there isn't any reason to put things in quotes :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This isn't a new project topic at all. Please either write a story, post screenshots, upload the demo, or seriously any information other than your petty excuse for not doing anything.

or

I'll move this topic to General Game Creation and it'll slowly die there.

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
click here for demo

Jaycen's mother died getting him as an infant to the gates of fort Tress, years have passed having being brought up by two of the forts guards Jaycen is now grown, but when his attention is drawn to a visitor who has green hair like himself, which is not a common occurrence. he ends up in a world he never expected, quite different from the quiet life of a guard. Making new friendships along the way he must fight to survive while a sinister plot unfolds to consume him.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:13:59 PM by Roy »

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I think you may have just spelled out one of the more cliched stories I've seen here..all it needs is an evil demon and a dragon.

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
would strange magic powered futeristic tech and a cat girl suffice instead?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Please organize your first post with all the information you have of your game. I will move this, but I haven't because I know that your demo does exist. So, please move your information to your first post. You can do this by 'modifying' or what we rather call 'editing' your post. You can do it on any of your posts.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
I decided to play, don't know why, and have a few notes:
1. Dialog: Awkward dialog first off. Besides the constant use of bad grammar in your work, many things just don't work such as your villain who I imagine is supposed to talk like a valley girl because she like totally uses the phrase "like totally" in all her lines. Why is someone more morally concerned about killing a cat then normal people? Also, if the hero is 20+ why is he embarrassed to buy underwear for his mother who lives in the dungeon or rather, down the hall from the dungeon, just below the two empty rooms... empty rooms you say, looks like it's time to go on to...

2. Mapping: maps are way to big, and awkward. Why does the castle say "inn" and have a mail box? Why does the bar either not have any walking room or just chair shaped carpets? Why can stairways going up be entered from the wrong side even though you are careful about making you exit the right way? Why would an underground cave look like mountains, I would assume this is because they ARE mountains and in that case: how does this castle (that is actually an inn/armory) support itself, and why would people live there when the slightest earthquake or even a poorly placed tower would cause the foundation to collapse and thousands to fall to their death?

3. Game play: well, no knowledge on battle system yet... but from what I played, I would have enjoyed further direction as to where to go when I started... and... well... there is not really much to say but it's pretty basic

4. Plot: seems unexciting and cliche, your protagonist is supposedly 20 but seems younger and him being forced upon two guards for no reason... come one... maybe if they at least said "yeah, we will take this baby, we want to and are not being forced, witch is normal because NO ONE DOES THAT" no one questions the fact that the baby had green hair, or that at the age of 20 he still plays "i spy"

so, in conclusion: FIX IT
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:52:41 AM by NPC »
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
Thankyou for taking the time to try my demo and give your opinion NPC, I have already begun to redesign it. And I hope to acheave a less painfull level of quality in the near future.

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
For those who are and ain't interested the new and improved demo is up

It's still a bit basic, I'm learning still and the feedback helps there should be some noticeable differences if you tried the earlier demo.

oh and watch out for the bats they can and will kill you if given half a chance
and the shadows can kill you slightly faster than you can kill it though it is possible if you average 20 or more damage per hit and started with full health plus it doesn't use it's claws much.