RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Kingdom of Souls: The Binding of Souls [mini-DEMO] [Recruiting]

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Gami Shin ZenOokami
------------------------------------
well guys here's the download link. Gonna make a page on the site will full complete information.

DOWNLOAD DEMO VERSION 0.5

File Size: 127mb
File Type: Installation .RAR  (the installation had a mistake)
Creators: Zane D. Blalock

Enjoy

*Reason for file size: The file itself is big mainly because I added the soundtrack for the game, with its huge bank of sound effects. And after piecing together my own installation for it, the size went up even a tad bit more.

Please leave feedback on any bugs that have yet to be discovered.
-Please note that the game is huge because of the music files, the DEMO patches that will be uploaded later in the future will NOT contain the audio files, that will be added separately to cut down download time - ZenOokami
------------------------------------
Currently Working On...:
[/size]

-Redefining the Tilesets for the maps [Done]
-Currently Updating the Character files [Done]
-Currently redoing the leveling, attributes, and skill definition.[Done]
---------------------
-Adding Skills
-Adding New Systems
-Getting Demo Ready for tomorrow[Done]
-Balancing Stats of Characters and Enemies
-Animations
-*Beginning Animated Intro

Code: [Select]
Lead Designer: Zane D. Blalock

¤[Completion Rate]
¤[Story]
¤[Base Idea]
¤[Characters]
¤[Features]
¤[Help Us]

Kingdom of Souls: The Binding of Souls
Yea, the title has been picked

Story:.............[||||||||||||||||||] 70%
AI:..................[||||||||||||||||||||]   10%
Enemy AI:.......[||||||||||||||||||||]   5%
Database:.......[|||||||||||||||||||||]  35%
Characters:.....[||||||||||||||||||||]  20%
Systems:.........[||||||||||||||||||||]  5%
Menu:..............[||||||||||||||||||||]  1%

Intro
....Somewhere, in a plain between worlds... four dark mysterious figures gather...
Figure1: "The time has come... *laughs*... He He wishes to begin immediately... So lets, shall we?"
Figure2: "As long as he shows up on the death bed of Mother once more for a final show down... I'm willing to start... Humph... I wonder if he'll be surprised to see me living once more...
Figure3: "And you say you can grant unimaginable power correct!? Yesss~~~ as long as I get that power... I'm willing to serve *licks lips*.
Figure4: "...And you're worried about some Shinigami?"
Figure1: "*snickers*... No I'm worried about a Gami Shin Ookami...."
------
     As barriers between worlds are being torn down, join up with an alliance of good to combat evil. On your way to forming an army from the alliance gain aide from Souls (Summons[KoS], Aeons[Final Fantasy], Summon Jutsu[Naruto]) you take by showing your worthiness. Do you have what it takes to defeat this organization of Dark Dictators from controlling all life?

Base Idea
     KoS:tBoS is basically like a turn based Kingdom of Hearts style game in RMXP. I got the idea to make this an actual project after I programming a ton of events into one project to test things out. Eventually i found myself with sprites from countless games. So I decided to go ahead and give spoilers to the Story of "Kingdom of Souls", since thats where the game starts off.
     The game is about worlds that are colliding into other worlds. These worlds are the worlds of:
  • Kingdom of Souls
  • Final Fantasy (1-10)
  • Bleach
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • D.Gray-Man
  • Toonami (Tom is a playable ally)
  • Even More
Each world is planned to be HUGE, as we plan to have patches for chapters for the game.

-TEASER NOTE!
Bleach is the first world to come by, and depending on which actions you take during interactive cut scenes will determine the unlocking of some strong skills/spells early at a weak level.

• Zane Setzune
Spoiler for:

*Zane Setzune* & ZenUrufu Scarlet
Weapon: ZenUrufu
Element: Darkness
Main Attributes: Strength, Speed
-Works Best with: Xunxen
OverDrive: Gami Shin Zen Ookami (God of Death, Zen Ookami)
Zane: is the holder of Setzune, the Wolf that bares the master Gami Shin ZenOokami and is ruler of soul energy and brute strength. Zane has one of the 12 great bloodline traits, Setzunegami, Eyes of Death which is the Primal Trait, claimed to be either of little use or great danger depending who wields it.
Urufu(wolf): Zane's Kontan Tsurugi(Soul Sword), although a female, she's quite protective of her wielder even when not in weapon form. She was born in a noble family of a Setzune followers(a group apart from the bloodline trait but were protected in the early days by the Clan) and was a prophet as she was gifted with a pink setzunegami, said to be a gift of Amateratsu's dafter.

• Xunexen Twilight
Spoiler for:

*Xunxen Twilight* & Maria Shifune
Weapon: Maria
Element: Light
Main Attributes: Speed, M-Atk
-Works Best with: Marked
OverDrive: Echoes of Twilight
Xunexen: One of the most feared fighters in the land of souls. His father killed his mother when he was young scaring him for life, and even though he was great, after meeting Zane, he gained a reason to prove his strength. He specializes in Speed and Spiritual Energy. Xune(his nickname) has one of the most feared Bloodline traits as well. "The Twilight". His Eyes see through multiple dimensions and is able to travel between them. They are the 3rd most feared eyes of the 12.
Maria: Maria is Xune's Kontan Tsurugi, she has a powerful healing ability as her family comes from a long line of healers. With her, the duo makes an "invincible" team.

• Devonte Setzune
Spoiler for:

Devonte & Ranmyaku[/u]
Weapon: Ranmyaku(chaos)
Element: Fire
Main Attributes: Str, Def
-Works Best with: Zero
OverDrive: Rage of a Beast!
Devonte: Zane's Cousin, he's of a branch of the Setzune Clan, he posses the Spirit Kraton, the Wolf of War. Because of this he is cursed to only be able to use the energy of RAGE. He went looking for Sirus, and found Zane instead. He's able to have a controler for his rage power when around other Setzune users.
RanMyaku: Twins, Ran(the Blade) and Myaku(Dagger), they are chaotic people who stop at nothing to kill, a bad mix with an anger induced wolf of war, but maybe that can be a perfect match.

• Chaos
Spoiler for:
Chaos
Weapon: Scythe of Purple Lightning
Element: Dark Lightning
Main Attributes: Speed, M-Atk
-Works Best with: Infernum
OverDrive: Zeus's God
Chaos: A powerful assassin with a rather large affection for ninja women. He uses a scythe with a element embedded within, as he feels a Kontan Tsurugi is to much to hassle with.

• Infernum
Spoiler for:
Weapon:
Element:
Main Attributes:
-Works Best with:
OverDrive:

• Sonneth
Spoiler for:
Weapon:
Element:
Main Attributes:
-Works Best with:
OverDrive:

• Brandon
Spoiler for:
Weapon:
Element:
Main Attributes:
-Works Best with:
OverDrive:

• Wrex "Nico"
Spoiler for:
Weapon:
Element:
Main Attributes:
-Works Best with:
OverDrive:

• Marked
Spoiler for:
Weapon:
Element:
Main Attributes:
-Works Best with:
OverDrive:
[/list]

Confirmed Side Characters!
  • Roranoa Zoro
Spoiler for:
  • Uchiha Sasuke
Spoiler for:
  • Ulquiorra (Reborn)
Spoiler for:
[/list]

Systems
Red = Not functional
Yellow = Base of programming done (functional)
Green = Completed
  • Jump System
  • Turn System
  • Time System - Updated to "Zane Blalock's Advanced Time System 3.2"
  • Summoning System
  • Battling System
  • Advanced HUD (interactive) - Been Working on this, I have a base of the programming done
  • communication system -
  • Online Boards (monthly updates)

• More...
Goals
  • Build an Army
  • Strengthen the Army
  • Obtain Power from the Souls to summon
  • Defeat the Evil Dictators
  • Restore balance
Dynamic AI
     The Artificial Intelligence will be somewhat more advanced than my earlier work. I spent about a good 3 months properly coming up with theories and found multiple ways to keep dialog fresher than most games have had. The only problem is that now EVERY NPC has to have their own character Background... That means they have their own personality, and their own reactions to what ever you do.
     What does this mean? It means the programming of just talking with a NPC has to be extremely long because I want countless remarks towards you. Doing this calls different conversations through [Variables, Switches, Self-Switches, Timers, and ect.].

[UPDATE:12/17/09]
     The AI has once more been updated. Each AI has a set of routines that they will switch up depending on random occasions. Tho in the demo this will not be the case, the demo will continue using "ZB's Adv AI System v2.5"

Dynamic Maps
     Every Map will feature interaction out the donkey. Almost everything in the game can be examined, and checked. Almost everything can be activated to do something.

[UPDATE:12/17/09]
     The maps now have a variety of sub categories that determine a set amount of events such as weather, and visual effects. Although its still underdeveloped

Battling
Last Updated: 09/14/09
Currently we have a Side View "NON-ANIMATED" battle system. This way, we can focus on getting the project done faster.

Also I'm working on making a stable AI system to go along with each monster and troop.

Spoiler for:

[size="4"]Concept Art[/size]
Spoiler for:

If you wish to help KoS:tBoS Please join the Development team as one of the following:
  • Graphic Artist
  • Eventer
  • Programmer

-AI
-Systems
-ect
  • NPC Director/Coordinator
  • Writer
  • Mapper
  • Character Developer
  • Anime-ist? (someone who knows A LOT of ACCURATE info on animes)
If you can not do either of these then please help by doing one of the following:
  • Becoming a Voice Actor
  • Supporting our Project by getting the word out about the game
  • Add this to your signature on other forums
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/czzc-inc/KoStBoS/KoS-TBOS.png[/IMG]

or these cool ones

[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/czzc-inc/BloodSetzune.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/czzc-inc/BloodSetzune1.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/czzc-inc/BloodSetzune2.png[/IMG]

Credit List - Please note that a lot of the resources I have were found on google. I take no credit for premade work, only the masterpiece of its use, If your work is in this game, please let me know.:
    -Dollmage
    -DarkPaladin
    -Dubealex
    -Marked
    -Conner
    -EmilyAnnCooper
    -(forgot name) she developed a game with bee women and mermaids and faries, and im using her tilesets x.X

-Zane D. Blalock-  A.K.A.  -ZenOokami-
    Kingdom of Souls © CZZC Inc. 2009
    www.czzc-inc.tk
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31:04 PM by modern algebra »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
    Rep:
    Level 91
    Project of the Month winner for July 2009
    127 MB, how long is the demo?

Gami Shin ZenOokami
    not to long at all, its meant to test the systems, not really the story, its advised as a one time download x.X so the patches to the demo wont have to include the audio files.

Rep:
    Level 85
    I solve practical problems.
    For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
    O_O
    this game looks epic......
    I don't think theres much i can help with though, I have my own project to do....
    as a side note, may  I ask where you found the flower auto tiles in the second picture, as well as the fog?
    Thanks if you can answer, and keep up the great work! : D

Gami Shin ZenOokami
    I feel ya man xD right now im drawing the pictures needed for the intro x.X i was gonna do just KoS and use premade other anime pics but figured the styles wont mix, so now i gotta draw ichigo and naruto and what not xD

and as for the flowers, it was made by the person who i 4got the name of (in credits) it was on her game like i think a year or two or go? My friend sent me her project file and i was like sweet.

still, i gotta find her name again =/

but yea i can send you the autotiles and tileset if you like

Rep:
    Level 85
    I solve practical problems.
    For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
    That would be epic indeed, I just bypassed that entire drawing stuff, by getting others to do it for me XD

Apparently my friends are great artists, but they're not motivated XD