RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Catastrophy Demo

Rep:
Level 82

Plot:
You are Terra, but that's all you know... You must find your way through the peril of the world and figure out your past.

Screen shots:

Catastrophy Demo:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWOHM8TA

I've been using RPG Maker XP for a while now, but this is definitely my first serious project.
Though it's not perfect, there shouldn't be any major technical glitches or bugs. It's about 20 to 25 Minutes long if your going at a slow to moderate pace. Thanks, and have fun playing!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:01:37 AM by Terra »
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9199/newbitmapimage.png

Should it really be raining there?  I mean...considering there's snow on the ground and trees up ahead?

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3723/newbitmapimage2l.png

that staircase would walk someone right into a wall

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6262/newbitmapimage3i.png

The concept looks good, but the buildings look odd.
They're kinda short and small, in general they could just use some work.

And I uhh...can't say I'm excited by the plot.  It's not the concept, the concept can work, it's how you worded it.  It sounds boring.

There are very many ways that you can make a game concept sound a lot more interesting, I don't want to write it for you so all I can really say is don't just say "you are [this] character doing [that]."  Maybe speak from that character's point of view.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:55:13 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Aforementioned issues aside, I kind of dig it. You've made excellent use of the RTP as well.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
The maps(in the main post) look a bit empty. Try adding some more flowers and grass. Or stones and rocks. Fogs would look nice too. Just some tips that could improve your RPGmaker Skills.

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks for the comments guys. I recently played through it and found a bunch of bugs, so I fixed them and also added a few other things such as fogs, more maps, etc. I re-uploaded it. ;)
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
A fog for the sake of a fog doesn't make it good, keep that in mind.

Clever use of them can enhance maps and create atmosphere, but just putting them on maps doesn't mean it'll look good.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
A bit of work on the maps, specifically, makes me ask why in the first one there's, well, snow & plain spring, just makes me irk, even if it's high in a mountain, I don't think you'd be able to view the top from ground, nor why would it be raining or snowing . . . . (My brain will blow out if I keep going)

I'll not speak of the ice cave, I just see it symetric but other than that, It's ok, *and the stairs lead to the wall like Namck said*

Port town like would look better with another water tile.

Story, ermm . . . sounds cliche to me.

Rep:
Level 82
Well Karo, The Grassland turns into Snowland, and the rain turns into snow. It's hard to explain... Let me show you.

As far as I know there no mediator Tileset. But I mean if you know a better way of doing such a thing... I'm all ears.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
First, why is there a tree in the water?

Only thing I can say is, use an Autotile that has the snow & the grass/dirt. it can help in the transition at least.

Use if you want to.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Mapping's decent, but there's room for improvement. I'll check the demo out later this week.

You might want to post more information though, your mapping is just alright, you use the RTP, and you don't give us much of a plot summary.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9946/newbitmapimagexw.png

It's a good concept, but what environmental factors are there that causes snow rather than rain towards the edge of a cliff?  There's not just this wall in the air that blocks cold air from reaching the forest towards the top of the map, the cold air would reach there as well and it wouldn't look like a spring valley.

It's just entirely not environmentally sound at all.

Rep:
Level 82
I know what you guys are getting at, but what I'm trying to say is that the RTP is only so advanced. Eventually there has to be transition.

good parts
  • mapping
  • storyline
  • the logo
bad parts
  • the graphics of your main character, it's extremely unoriginal
  • you should get another battle system, search the forum for it...
  • that the character moves too slowly, create a "sprint" function or make the walking speed higher"
but it got great potential, looking forward to the full version... :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I know what you guys are getting at, but what I'm trying to say is that the RTP is only so advanced. Eventually there has to be transition.

your map isn't environmentally sound, the RTP has nothing to do with it.

Rep:
Level 82
Hey guys, I plan on releasing a new demo very soon. Here are some screens. ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Gami Shin ZenOokami
cant wait for the new demo =3