RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
some resources

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
here are some resources

here is what i want to make this like,but i dunno how to make it into a charset

an autotile,you may not like it but hey,atleast i tried

a tileset

edit:new resources!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:17:33 PM by phillip1756 »
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
oh wow man,im not one to bash anyones art and im not going to, but honestly this isnt even close to being an actual tileset, why dont you take alook at  a couple of tileset making tutorials for rmxp, then try again.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Irock, we have some new resources for your next EOTT.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
wtf is that astrik looking thing anyway?

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Oh wow, Gate of Light II looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Gee, Phil, is this for kingdom of magic DEUX?!

lol at the water autotiles

well at least he made it.

he better have
Hi

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
k,any positive feed back?
no

By Kraft

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Gee, Phil, is this for kingdom of magic DEUX?!

lol at the water autotiles

well at least he made it.

he better have
and yeh,i made with paint
no

By Kraft

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
There is an edit button, you know.
Hi

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
no

By Kraft

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
wtf homer simpson.

That map looks terrible, there's black all over the place, some tiles are cut off, why is there an RTP tree, and the water just is... maybe you can figure out that yourself.
Hi

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
wtf homer simpson.

That map looks terrible, there's black all over the place, some tiles are cut off, why is there an RTP tree, and the water just is... maybe you can figure out that yourself.
coz in the game,the doctors did an operation worng and the patient went into some weird world where everything is weird and retarded and doesn't make any sense
no

By Kraft

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Phil is probably laughing his ass off as we all get annoyed by his trolldom.
So congratulations phillip1756, you are the biggest troll to sweep the land of RMRK.

This is assuming you are not serious in your posting, it is simply the negative feedback would seem to make non-trolls either move away or not post resources/screen shots that are so, well, terrible.

If you are actually just very young and inexperienced and whatnot then I am sorry, but after today I am about 99% sure you are a troll.

Also, if I seemed to have missed this when everyone was going along with his trollness, I feel like an idiot.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
coz in the game,the doctors did an operation worng and the patient went into some weird world where everything is weird and retarded and doesn't make any sense

...   :facepalm:

and the charsets.... are those supposed to fit with the tileset?
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
someone needs to animate those charsets as GIFs. I feel like as they walk around they eyes would be buggin' out. I think they're jellybeans with acne.

Rep:
Level 83
X-PLAT!
as I've been told you can simply "ignore" his posts
but it appears for some that it's too hard
to resist a quick stab at him.
(which reflects enough about you)

the kid still continues to share his efforts after all the harsh criticism.
maybe he's not your cup of tea... but if he continues to practice
and apply the 'constructive' criticism...(if any)
I'm certain he will improve, in time.

the quality of his work, spelling errors, multiple requests, simply reflects that
he's a youngster with lots of vision.

@phillip1756 - you go kid...practice makes perfect.
here's some positive feedback.

there's lots of people who has been using RPG Maker XP for years
and has not once tried to make their own tile sets or sprites
so kudos to you for even trying... 

for your "charsets"
try painting over templates ~
this way you have the proper layout and your skills will increase with using Paint.
here's some links that will help you out...
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22121/t683606-spriting-tutorial-updated-beware-56k-users-lots-of-images/
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232
http://rpgcreative.net/b_ressources/categorie-rmxp-character-templates.html

and for your autotiles:
try finding one that is close to what you're trying to create and paint over it.

now for your tilesets:
there's a lot of nifty tools out there... one that comes to mind is
game_guys tileset creator which you can use "any graphic", drag and drop,
then export to a new tileset...check it out!
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=4578.0

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Hello, phillip1756.

On October 28th 2009 I began spriting from scratch for the first time. I've managed to create arguably decent graphics since then. These graphics can be viewed in the screenshot thread, here and here.

Based on my experience over the past week or so, I've come to the conclusion that you are either joking or putting no effort into your sprites. Nobody will play your game if the graphics are disgusting.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
he made them in paint

that is the quality you expect from it

well for newbies that is
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ranting:

What ever the fuck Gameface is talking about.
No, this kid does not deserve any kind of craft critique, good criticism, positive feedback, or anything similar thereof.  If this person had even the SLIGHTEST amount of common art sense or game sense at ALL, he would know that what he's posting is the ugliest bullshit anyone has ever seen in a serious attempt at supplying other people with resources. These are not resources for anyone* to use. I can understand a decent attempt at making a resource then asking for feedback and not acting like a 4-year-old, but if you put random shit on a digital canvas with a completely incorrect format for ANY rpgmaker program and play it off like these are finished resources ready to use for other people, then WHAT THE FUCK are you doing posting it? He himself can not even properly use the resources. He even has a screenshot as to how he's using it. Now this is where someone says "Well yeah, but he's using it for his own game. He even explained why it looks like shit". Well that's great then, but no one else can fucking use this shit but him so he's not helping anyone by posting this at all. It's nothing more than a poopy showcase of literally useless material. And Gameface, don't say shit about him trying to help by posting this. Go and waste your breath defending this kid, but REALLY, COME ON the shit you told him like "Paint over some existing stuff" is the most moronic thing I have ever heard as far as advice is concerned for the only purpose that he should know this by now. He has to have known that. I could understand that someone who literally spent maybe a day with an RPGmaker wouldn't know that, but Phil's been around long enough to know. It takes a certain special someone to try and suck this hard and think it's seriously useful or that they could be helping someone out. Bullshit, no one* can use this. If he doesn't know that, he's even more retarded than I thought. There is no justification for this kind of quality. I still don't even know what the hell 'year 7' means in Phillip-speech, but as far as I'm concerned it means 7-years-old regardless of if Phil said it isn't. I swear, if you're sitting in a room with some other person and they're tapping their pencil on a desk in no rhythm or in anyway appealing, and you're stuck hearing it for hours and hours straight with no ipod or any means of blocking it out, YOU WILL SAY SOMETHING TO THAT PERSON. If a tapping pencil for 6 hours+ isn't your cup of annoying tea, then insert that scenario with your own that you think would be annoying. My point: No, you can't ignore this kid forever. I'm sorry for the rant, but come on now. Come on.

* unless irock plans on making another EOTT game

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
these graphics wouldn't contribute to the humor of Eye of the Tiger in any way. They're just stupid.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Why hasn't this person been banned yet for either
a. plausible troll activity
b. consistent spamming and ignorance of feedback given to them (even back when we were nice to the 'lil bugger)
c. giving stolen resources without credit to original author (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,35318.msg425632.html#msg425632)
or d. Just plain old  being annoying

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
So congratulations phillip1756, you are the biggest troll to sweep the land of RMRK.

pfff, hardly.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
ah, but most people accepted him as simply being young/immature and therefor truly incompetent. So he has been very successful in his efforts.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Unless he really is a complete moron (and those are rare) he's gotta be a troll.
:tinysmile: