RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Asan'Tear Battle System

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
Asan'Tear Battle System
Authors: Ryex
Version: 1.25
Type: Front View Battle System

Introduction

This script modifies the default battle system to provide better aesthetics and a more flowing feel in the UI.

Features

• New lay out for the DBS
  • Easy to use battler animation for actors and enemies (now included death images)
  • Animated windows
  • New status bar with Hp/Sp bars

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs

please note:
Quote from: Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 04:40:58 PM
the idle is just a demonstration of frames I just drew the text over the battler in photo shop. your frames could be anything from ready stance to a sword flourish, the same for the attack, skill, item, and defend. you don't have to use the text stuff its just a demonstration that you can have animated battlers for each pose. if you don't put the images in the battlers folder they wont show, the idle and attack stuff is text I drew over the battlers in photo shop then put in as separate frames to the battler
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE "BLINKING TEXT" THAT IS DISPLAYED OVER THE BATTLERS IN THIS VIDEO IT IS ONLY A DEMONSTRATION OF THE ANIMATION SYSTEM!

Demo

Media Fire (now updated for latest version)

Script

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgb5wg25_6mxsgg9dx

Plug-ins

If you are using CRLS
Place CRLS below AnTBS and this plugin below both

Instructions

In script

Compatibility

tested with:
CRLS - Plug in needed see above
Ryex's Weapons unleash skills - works

should be compatible with most scripts with a few edits for visual things

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • WcW
  • Blizzard
  • I'd like to thank Calintz for his valued input

Author's Notes

Make sure to look at the demo for battler animation clarification.

Enjoy!

NOTE: I (the author) do NOT provide support in this thread. I simply don't visit this forum often enough. another scripter may be able to offer help but if you need support from me please go here http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3872.0
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:37:21 PM by ryex »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
wow, very impressive. I love this system much more than the standard. I only would have wished that xp started with optional animated battlers. very nice again.

Rep:
Level 87
hey thanks. If I make it I do try to make it as good as possible.
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is really nice. Great job ryex!

Rep:
Level 87
Update to 1.25 I fixed a bug that prevented already dead people from showing up untill you revived them and waited one turn.

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
Nice I will use this. thanks
O power that lies at the root of all creation, o memory inscribed in ages past,
hear my call and arise before me! Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my
research.

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
well I got it to work but I cant get it to show numbers in the HP and SP bar. how do I do that?
O power that lies at the root of all creation, o memory inscribed in ages past,
hear my call and arise before me! Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my
research.

Rep:
Level 87
either change the font name in the CFG section of the script or install the font that is listed there