RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anaglyphic Resources - 3D POP-OUT Resources

Rep:
Level 84
This is my most active account.
ANAGLYPH RESOURCES

CREATED BY: POOKYBLUEXD
(Credits for original artworks goes to its respective owners)

It all started when I bored one day and ended up reading a book about Anaglyphs. Yeah, I was that bored.
Anyways, after reading about Anaglyphs, I tried making Anaglyphic images for my RPG Maker VX project.
Came out pretty great, but I'm still working on how to make it a phenomenal development.

For those of you who don't know what Anaglyphs are, they are 2D images that give an illusion of popping out when you put on Red/Cyan 3D glasses, like the ones you use to watch 3D movies.

Here are a few samples: These are SBS Backdrop Images made into Anaglyphs.

List of Upcoming Resources (dates subject to change)
1) Kaduki Characters (full set of Anaglyphs) - 9/5/09
2) Kaduki Cut-in (full set of Anaglyphs) - 9/20/09
3) Battle Animations (full set of Anaglyphs) - 10/10/09
4) Geo-city Enemies (full set of Anaglyphs) - 11/24/09 - Happy Birthday to me. :) and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
5) Requested Anaglyphs; must give me original - starting 12/1/09

If you ever end up using these Anaglyphic Resources I post, please make sure to give me credit. If I find that I am not receiving any credit, this project will come to a stop and all the download links will be removed. :)

Download Link 1 - SBS Backdrops - http://www.filefront.com/14433973/Anaglyph-Backgrounds.zip/

In other words, put on 3D glasses and your game will have things popping out of it.
This is still experimental and I'm not sure where this popping out will come in handy...

PLEASE COMMENT! I CAN REALLY USE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:47:49 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
BUMP~ Geez, this forum is so frickin empty.

Rep:
Level 84
GOD F**K DAMMIT! So I'm not the first one to think of this. T.T"

But hey, thanks. :) I'm glad you like it.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Nobody uses red and cyan 3d glasses anymore.
Recently there's been a crap load of digital 3d movies, but that's besides the point.

I don't see the practicality of this. Players won't get the 3d feeling from a 2d game, especially with the lack of animation involved with making something appear to pop out at you. I would probably find any game using this to be very annoying anyways.

Especially since the genre is rpg, I definitely don't see the point of this. Unless this was a FPS game like DOOM or Wolfenstein, the 3d would be totally useless on a top down perspective.

- -

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I agree with this being mostly useless. I'm pretty sure nobody ever has those kind of 3D glasses. No one ever needs to keep those around for more than a day or two after they used them. If they ever need to use them again, the place they go to use them would just give them a brand new pair anyways. I don't know where to get these glasses except maybe a party store but even then I would never waste my time hunting a pair of these glasses down so I can hardly increase my enjoyment from a RPGM game. I would much rather love and find unique the fact that the battlebackgrounds are tilted like that and have panoramas.

Property of DrSword
Rep:
Level 84
Hellbent on heaven.
Okay so, I own a pair of those red/cyan 3D glasses. Because y'know, I got 'em from a cereal box.

Anyway. I wore them, and they have no effect on how these resources look. To me, at least. It just looked about as discolored as when I scrolled down to someone's normal post.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Lol, well he set it it up wrong anyway. Everything has that cyan and red shit so it's all going to be on the same plane. He should have only done that to a few objects in the foreground.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I for one support his efforts. It may not be working well right now, but hell, at least he's trying some innovation rather than making just another final fantasy clone as I have seen so many others do.

You seem to be using a rendering script, I think you should increase the depth a little bit. It may make things pop out a bit more.

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
I agree with these being mostly useless, although a novel Idea, I wouldn't use them in my game.

On another note, is it weird that I wasn't wearing 3D glasses, and still saw it in 3D? Well,kinda saw it, it was semi-3D, like 2.5 D... Oh well.

Rep:
Level 84
Lol. I stopped this project like an hour after posting this...
Found no real point in my own work either because my eyes started to hurt after playing my "3D" game.