RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The indie game review show (Game makers look here)

Mmmm i fuckin love bears
Rep:
Level 85
Self Proclaimed 'RMXP Legend'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKDEieGP7og

This will be a show sponsored by Loveless Entertainment. To enter one of your games for a review for episode one of the indie game review show post a video response of Your game's gameplay. If you don't have a screen recording program just post a demo link and I'll upload it to my normal account and submit it in your steed. If you don't have any games that's fine because we have a showcase for talent at the end of the show.

If you are a good artist, show your art here.
If you are a good voice actor, let us here your voice.
If you have any talent related to game design.. this is your platform.

Any genre is welcome, any program is accepted. So, what are you waiting for?

Yeah, this was one of my secrets I had been negotiating with my staff. Now that I have a lengthy fanbase foundation I figured I minus well start now.
Here is the deal. You can only submit original games with graphics, and etc that do not belong to any commercial groups. I have to decline/reject any applications that'll get me sued.. as you know I'm going commercial soon and yeah... that'll hinder me.

Your reviewers are/will be

Stark! - http://www.youtube.com/user/Uberwall
Drakiyth (pending) - http://www.youtube.com/user/drakiyth
Lauraxe - http://www.youtube.com/user/Lauraxe

They will do REVIEWS of your game on the LovelesEntertainment Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LovelesEntertainment) which will be in the same format as a small review show. While at the same time having Let's plays uploaded to their youtube channels. We will cycle views between the four of us and of course generate more as we go along.. (as of now our subscribers are our own)

These reviewers will play YOUR game and rate them on a scale of 1 - 5. Our viewers will then be given the option of turning in independent ratings which will be posted at the end of every show. (After the Pilot) Giving YOU more exposure than even the most prosperous (and sucky) RM site.. and effectively giving your game more of a unbiased crowd.

If you're interested, I have two words; LET'S PLAY!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:25:11 AM by Rose Skye »
"RPG Tsukuru... BIII EEXXUU!!!!"

Legend of Harpine
-----------------
69% Complete

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
Huh.  I don't remember when I signed up for your youtube channel, but I am.  I am bombarded by tons of content from Loveless (and Jaymonius).  I have to admit I have yet to watch a video.  I do recognize the name, Rose Skye.  ;8

Maybe I'll watch a vid and consider this...or whatever.  Give Hero's Realm a shot if you want.  Rm2k3.  Download link in my sig.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Mmmm i fuckin love bears
Rep:
Level 85
Huh.  I don't remember when I signed up for your youtube channel, but I am.  I am bombarded by tons of content from Loveless (and Jaymonius).  I have to admit I have yet to watch a video.  I do recognize the name, Rose Skye.  ;8

Maybe I'll watch a vid and consider this...or whatever.  Give Hero's Realm a shot if you want.  Rm2k3.  Download link in my sig.

Follow the rules of submission if you want your game reviewed. 

Legend of Harpine
-----------------
69% Complete

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
If you don't have a screen recording program just post a demo link and I'll upload it to my normal account and submit it in your steed.

Here you go:

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

...though I don't own any horses.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I saw this on youtube before, but there's one massive problem.

It's all in annotations. Sorry, but there's no way I could take a reviewer who can't even speak seriously. One of the three reviewers has to have a mic, or some way to record voices.
If I'm supposed to watch video of a game being played in the background, I want to hear commentary while the video plays. I don't want to pause every 5 seconds to read not only your text, but the game's dialogue as well. This is similar to any "let's play" video on youtube, because the best ones have charismatic people behind the camera giving insightful commentary. Nobody really watches "let's read"s.

Also for your submission rules, I hope it's only graphics you're concerned about because there is absolutely no way you're going to find anyone with 100% original content. Most games borrow music from other games, but that should be fine as youtube only counts actual mainstream music as copyrighted. Nobody is going to sue some reviewer, or even a fangame for using copyrighted content unless it becomes massively popular or commercial. If this rule absolutely means 100% original content, then we're going to see a lot of pure rtp games...

The thing I'm worried about most is the annotations. That will make your reviews seem boring and people will start to get tired of watching it. The thing about the rules is just going to determine whether or not people will want to submit their game.

- -

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Boy I sure want my game in the hands of someone as stuck up as you seem to be, Rose.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
I highly doubt any game reviewed would get any actual publicity. Maybe 10% of the people who saw a positive review would actually go and download the game.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
There should be a segment of the show called "Lighting Cliche Of The Week". People use too much lighting garbage.

Mmmm i fuckin love bears
Rep:
Level 85

Legend of Harpine
-----------------
69% Complete