RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Legionwood 2: Revolution In Taltarus

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Important! This game is stand alone. It does not require the RPG Maker VX RTP to be installed.

Introduction
Legionwood 2: Revolution In Taltarus is a thematic sequel to the RPG Maker VX game Legionwood: Tale Of The Two Swords.
This game features characters, names and concepts which appeared in the original game but it is important to note that this game's story and setting are unrelated to that of the prequel.
The idea was to create a similar but somewhat different game. As such Revolution In Taltarus looks different, feels different and plays differently to the first Legionwood, but retains enough similarites so as to appeal to players of the first game.
This said, Revolution In Taltarus is a rather standard J-RPG style game, with a slight emphasis on dungeon crawling and puzzle solving above exploration or character upgrading. If you like J-RPGs, you should like this too.

Story Outline

A great evil has gripped the world. Time itself has been mutilated, and the all will forever be doomed to relive the same life of terror over and over until the one who bears the Creator's soul arrives, one who will carry the legendary sword and restore peace to the world and rewrite the planet's history itself...

The world of Taltarus hangs on the brink of war. The Arechon Empire, stable and neutral for many decades has mysteriously launched a war campaign on the free lands of the world.
Harnessing the legendary power of Mana, which created the world, rumoured to be impossible to control save for the prophesised demon said to arrive at the brink of Taltarus's life, the Emperor encroaches on Endor, the last free kingdom.
Rean, holding a legendary weapon known as the Sword of Lore passed down to him from the hero Gaia, is set to play an important and unforseen role in the death and rebirth of the planet. long with his companions, the Remnants, members of the world's last free army, Rean will set out on a journey to reseal the Mana Shards, sources of the emperor's power, before the Mana balance becomes unstable and Taltarus itself tears into pieces.
What they experience along the way changes their lives, their destinies, and the fate of everyone alive now and everyone yet to be born. They must discover the dark secret behind the empire's invasion, a secret that has held the world in it's grasp for thousands of years, and one which links them intimately with both the current crisis and the very birth of Taltarus.

But first Rean must uncover his own past, and discover a secret about himself that he'd rather have not known.

Why is the empire suddenly bent on world domination? Where did they obtain the power to control Mana? Why are they systematically destroying the free nations of Taltarus? How is Rean interlinked with the entity that controls them?

Game Features:
- Experience an intricate and emotional story starring eight characters, each with their own personality and battle strategy.
- Defeat multitudes of carefully scripted foes using a familiar turn based battle system. These enemies are smart and you'll need to think rather than just mash "Attack" to beat them!
- Explore a massive J-RPG world. Legionwood 2 has a great emphasis placed on exploration and dungeon crawling, each location is vast, intricately mapped and full of quests to solve and treasures to discover.
- Play various fun mini games including rapier duelling, a monster arena, Blackjack, and more to earn money and items.

Screenshots

Download
You can download the trial edition (demo) of Legionwood II by clicking the link below.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1417/downloads/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:23:19 PM by modern algebra »
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Update:
It seems my antivirus was scanning whilst I was making the install, and Install Creator glitched and missed out those two files. I'm uploading a new one to MediaFire as I type this, should be up within the hour. Sorry for those who downloaded already and experienced problems. I hope you'll download again and enjoy the game!

BTW. mods, please move this topic.
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
~Moved for ya.

I'll have to check out all your games. You seem to be pretty busy juggling a couple games at the same time and yet not particularly sacrificing quality. I'm a fan of The Beyond. It's nice to see some of these games are quite refreshing for once. :)

~oh, and let me know when you've got the updated demo on this, I'm going to go check out Legionwood for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:09:54 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
There you are; new game is ready to go! Thanks for the move and show of interest. So far, I'm just working on this and Legionwood.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
For a tutorial area, the spiders' fang attack thing is WAY too strong. Starting with only 90Hp, when I'm in battle with two spiders, two hits ~ about 25-30 Hp gone first round. Then next time around one or both of them FANG me and dead. Didn't even know I would have to heal after the first attack. That fang dishes out upwards of 55-60 HP gone. Not to mention it poisons so after I get fanged, IF I live I have to gamble on whether to heal or cure poison before I get fanged again lol. Way too hard there.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Wow, I had no idea they were hitting for that much. I normally sped through the battles and was lucky enough to only have Fang cast on me at Level 2, where it only hits for 30 or so. I will have to change that in the future. Sorry about that, but remember, the game is designed to be very difficult anyway. All of the battles are possible, but can be very challenging if you don't know what to do.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Update:

A bug preventing game progress was found in the Tarm Ruins. This has been fixed and a new download has been placed in the main post. Sorry to those who were hindered by this bug.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Last night before I went to bed, I played for a little bit. I got to where I start playing as the other 2 guys instead of the original two. The only problems I've encountered were really odd passability issues. I feel like some of the flora doesn't need to be impassable, though I understand why it is.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hmm... It's impassable? Okay, I'm gonna need to change that.

Hope you're enjoying it so far, though of course, Legionwood is much better :).

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, there were just a lot of impassable flora around. A lot of it blends in with the ground texture so you don't notice why your not moving at first until you take a closer look where you're stuck on a plant or something lol. I really enjoy this game actually.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Thanks very much. I try to make enjoyable games, and I put quite a lot of effort into this. More chapters will be coming out eventually, though at least not until the latest version of Legionwood which is due in a few weeks.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I love the idea of using 2k3 graphics in VX. WIll download soon.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wow, dude. I just saw Legionwood on the posts and am DL'ing it now. I'd love to be at your apparent skill level in excecution; I have great ideas, just don't know how to carry 'em out half the time. You, brother, seem to not suffer from this problem.

Please mail me a piece of yer brain. :D
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Thanks very much for the kind comment. I can gladly send you my cerebral cortex. I hardly ever use the part that deals with math, so you can have that.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Can I have an address to send it to? It's just that I've carved it out now and it's gonna spoil.

On topic:

Hmm... I just stumbled upon a video of Taltarus somebody has made on YouTube. I have no idea who. Anyway, it's a video review, so I guess you can check it out to see if you wanna give the game a try before you download.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9uqtt7WCLE

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hi everyone! Yesterday I released the Trial Edition (demo) of Legionwood 2. It's not very polished as of yet, but it showcases the gameplay concepts, story and graphical style of this long awaited sequel quite well, so if you have a few hours to spare, why not give it a try?

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Are you still working on this?

I'm back.

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
YES YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! finally this is awesome i loved the first game and now theres a second sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blizj: :zwink:

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience