RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guidelines for Making Requests

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

This is a game making forum, dedicated obviously to RPG Maker. If you are in need of help, your fellow members and moderators here on RMRK will usually do all that they can in order to help you out. However, you must remember that we do this because we want to, not because we have to. We are not obligated to fulfill your requests, and if you are not mature and respectful about it, we will likely not help you.

Here are some simple pointers about making requests to be more appealing and attract people to help you out.

Search First!

Nothing will annoy a member more than a request that the requester could easily find on their own if they but looked a little harder. Make sure you search thoroughly before making a request topic. Search Google, check in our resource database, use our search bar at the top, check other forums quickly, check known resource sites (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,131.0.html), do whatever you can on your own first. If you are confident that what you seek is not anywhere to be found, go ahead and make a request topic. Stating where you searched usually is a good sign to people that you are competent and could use the help.

Make Sure You're In The Right Board

If your request has something to do with RMVX, make sure you're at the very least posting in the RMVX board. From there, check which sub-forum fits your request best. If you are requesting a resource or a script, post in the resources board and script requests board respectively. If you are having an error or your game is crashing, you'll want to post in the troubleshooting board. If you need help with figuring out something in the game, such as eventing or maps, you'll want to post in the tutorial board. If you post in the wrong board accidentally, it's no problem; a moderator will move it to the right board for you. But it does generally annoy people, so try to make sure you've got the right board.

Check Stickied Threads

Sometimes there will be important information or rules directly in the topmost threads. Known errors and solutions, links to well known resources, sometimes important templates that we require you to use for making a request. It will only take a moment to browse through the stickied topics, and could save everyone a lot of effort. So just take a look before making any requests.

Use A Proper Title

We have hundreds of new posts everyday, and as a result our list of unread topics is usually very high. Most of us simply don't have time to read every single topic. If you have a topic title that just says "Need Help!!1!", we have no idea what to expect in your topic, and will likely move on to other topics that we do know about first. If you have something that clearly states what you are looking for, you'll be much more likely to attract the attention of someone who knows how to help you out. Also, don't forget to include tags [Request] and [Resolved], to help us out.

Bad title example: "Need sprite please help"
Good title example: "[Request] Looking for Sakuya Sprite."

Have Good Grammar

Yes, this is the internet, we use "lol" and "wtf" and so forth all the time. But if you're requesting something, we're much more likely to help you out if you are clear and concise. This means limiting your "internet speak" to a minimum, spelling all of your words correctly, and using good punctuation and capitalization. RMRK has a spell check feature. It only takes a moment to use it and make sure all of your vocabulary is correct. Personally, I'd rather help someone out if I know them to be serious about making a game, rather than someone who seems likely to give up if he or she becomes bored.

Bad sentence example: "hello, Im looking for some1 to halp me wit my game"
Good sentence example: "Hello, I'm looking for someone to help me with my game."

Be Reasonable And Polite

Please bear in mind that none of us are actually paid to do anything for you. We help people out mostly because we enjoy sharing our experience to help people out, and like challenging ourselves. But, if you are asking for an overwhelming amount of sprites, an extremely complicated script, or just some ridiculously difficult request in general, the fun will be gone, and thus there will be no motivation to help you out. Just be reasonable with your request; if you are asking for a resource, keep it down to one per request. Along these lines, be polite about your request. No one at all is going to want to help someone who's a jerk to them or other members.

Go In Depth

If you want someone to help you find a sprite of Citan Uzuki or create a unique HUD, you're going to have to help us help you. Along with being clear and concise, you have to go in depth and give us a many useful details as we can. Use examples and link pictures if you can. Don't be annoying about it, just try to make sure we know exactly what you're looking for. Otherwise you might not get what you want, and people will be hesitant to try to help you again.

These are not set rules for making a request. These are merely pointers for making a more appealing topic that will allow you to attract more attention to it and thusly have a better chance of receiving help. Generally, just be mature and polite, and you will likely get what you came for from our site.

Rep:
Level 83
Is this about the thread, no, not really, at least I don't think so.  ;8 I was looking at the thread, then I clicked back then I looked back at it. It was a stickied. o.o. I never seen something get sticked so fast.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
...I have no idea what you just said.  ???

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
I think he means he was looking then clicked "Back" and realised when he refreshed it was stickied while he was viewing it.

I may be wrong.

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..