RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Chronicles of Armine: The Search for the Eternal Wind

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

The History:
Spoiler for:
When Daegon(a young Black Mage apprentice)'s father dies,  the soldiers give to him a sword which his father was a carrier. Days after that  a warrior named Dal-Gurak, who was the murderer of Daegon's father comes to Tell-Hallaf  to appropriate the before mentioned sword, which is called Kaenurth, the Eternal Wind. Dal Gurak escapes with the sword, but Daegon will not rest until he gets Kaenurth back and kill Dal-Gurak.

The Place:
Spoiler for:
Daegon lives in a small village called Tell-Hallaf in the imaginary land of Armine, and he had never left there until now, the moment he will discover more places that he had never imagined, such as the impenetrable jungle of Marakamda, the barbarian village located in the steppes of Kashgar, Irkana and dark caves of Mount Kelbegen.

The Characters:
Spoiler for:
Daegon:

Daegon is the hero of the story, and he will be with us throught the game.
His mother died when he was born, and now that his father was killed in war, is an orphan.
Although only 16 years, Daegon is versed in the art of black magic, which has saved his life of more than one time.
He lives in Tell-Hallaf, northeastern region of Armine, and he lives with his mentor, Drakthul, in a house near the gates of the town. Although not know it, he has an incredible power, and the ability to create fire with his hands.

Dal-Gurak:

Not too much is known about this evil-look Irkanum.
Dal-Gurak is a necromancer with the ability to revive the dead, which means that their armies are invincible.
It is a cold blooded murderer, and he has no feelings, mercy or respect to any living creature except himself.
He's  immortal, but the only way to kill him is revealing he's true form, which requires Kaenurth, the sacred sword that was forged in the heat of the Giant Volcano,  Xshathra.
He wants to have the sword in his possession, so no one can show his true form so he will live forever.

Drakthul:

He is the master of black magic that teaches Daegon.
He was an intimate friend of Argus, Daegon's father, and now that Argus was killed is his guardian.
Occasionally Daegon will have to go with him to learn new spells or continue with the story.
His green hair is the result of an unsuccessful spell it made when it was a black magician's apprentice and he was practicing.
He knows a variety of spells, and possesses a tremendous knowledge of the arcane arts.

Adel:

It is the innkeeper of Tell-Hallaf. She and Daegon grew up together and are completely in love with eachother, and more than once Adel has dreamed of the day that she can marry him.
Although she doesn't look like, she has a superb management of the hammer, which no one knows why, because only her has this ability.

Spoiler for:
A trip through Armine (Tileset by Lawthar):

Outside Drakthul's House:

Scripts:
Yeh, i'm working on that, i really don't know what scripts i'll put

sorry about my bad english

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Hm... this definitely is looking interesting, and I love the visuals. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This does look interesting. I imagine Holk would have something to say about the title though :P

The artwork looks very nice. Your world map seems a little indistinct though, and the mixed ground in your screenshot is a little strange looking. All in all though, it looks like this project is on track to becoming very good. Good luck.

hey people! here's some samples of the soundtrack i made for the game with garageband and some other things :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmuuze4zj5j

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I would like to see more screenshots, since that's the kind of thing I look for first in a game. I think the first screenshot is really nice, the second is a bit bare and I don't like that you used both map dirt autotile and worldmap dirt autotile; It makes such a harsh border. The story seems kinda cliche, but hey, everything is basically cliche now and it's up to how to execute it so I don't mind. I'm assuming your header image in the first post isn't your title screen since it's the wrong size and it's a bit awkward. Overall, I think I'll keep my eye on this and I look forward to some more information :)

Oh, I like what you've got so far. I'm gonna keep my eyes on this one, too. :D I really like Drakthul's hair, tho. But IDK, may be it's just me, I like green hair. ^^