RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Astyanax: Wrath steel: UPDATE 27/11/2009

Rep:
Level 83

(I was planning to name it "Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 4 :Eternal Dragon Quests, but that would piss off alot of people")

Prologe:

So!! here it is.. the biggest project i have ever started (and will finish hopefully), what makes this project big its not just the vast resource database i have been creating to make it complety unique, but the game that is behind the idea.. an old NES classic:

Spoiler for:

The game was side-scroller plataform game, many people found it kind of annoying because of its difficulty while others consider it as one of the best "go save the princess" games ever made; my game will be based (vaguely)on this magical world & its inhabitants while adding plots & stuff of my own, the idea is to make a worthy remake for a game that deserves it. :roll:

Spoiler for:
He is having that dream again...a dream where somebody is calling him...
waiting for him....He is a teenage boy named Astyanax (from Greek mythology),
a student at Greenview High. He has no idea what the dreams mean, or the
girl who keeps calling him. Suddenly, one day when he was walking to school,
he disappears and is transported into the mystical world of Remlia by a
fairy named Cutie. She tells the boy that the girl appearing in his dreams
is Princess Rosebud. She is being held captive by a vile wizard named
Blackhorn. He needs to rescue her because she is the only one who can send
him back home. Cutie gives Astyanax a sword & a shield, which he will need to
defeat Blackhorn's hordes of monsters.
And basically.. thats all you need to know, plot complexity will grow as you advance in the game and meet the rest of the characters..

Spoiler for:
Astyanax:

Acording to wikipedia.. "Astyanax was the son of Heracles and Epilais, daughter of Thespius. Astyanax is a genus of fish in the American freshwater family Characidae", who knows what that means but here in the game he plays the mayor role ;) .
He is a 16-year-old boy from the town of Greenview. He is transported into the
mysterious world of Remlia, and he needs to rescue Princess Rosebud to
get back to his world.

Princess Rosebud:

The princess of Remlia. She is the girl who keeps appearing in Astyanax's
dreams. She is being held captive by the wizard Blackhorn. She is the
only one who possesses the power to send Astyanax back to his home world.
She communicates with Astyanax and Cutie through telepathy.

Cutie:

This fairy is a friend to the Princess. She has lots of magical power, but
not as much as Rosebud. She can bring Astyanax into Remlia, but she can't
get him out by herself. She knows a lot about the realm of Remlia, so she
can help the boy out a lot.

Thorndog:

Blackhorn's most trusted guard. She is a master of the Black Arts. She
placed a spell on the Princess to prevent her from escaping Thelenea.

Caesar:

Thorndog's pet. Also known as "Skull Face" or "Chicken Feet". It is
very dumb, yet it may pose a threat in driving Astyanax away from his
quest to rescue Rosebud.

Blackhorn:

The evil wizard and chief bad guy of the game. He kidnapped the Princess
in order to steal her life force and take over Remlia. His stronghold is
Thelenea Castle.

Note: there will be more characters that will take important roles during game, just included the main ones..

Spoiler for:
*Make your way trough 11 action packed stages as you meet friends, Foes and explore the exotic Realm of Remlia... a dangerous journey awaits.
*Uses Blizz ABS engine
*High quality resources, 100% customized:

-Tilesets (BG2 ToB)
-Charasets (Ragnarok Rips)
-Animations (Planescape Torment)
-Picures
-Ambiental sounds
-BGMs (From various commercial games)
-SE (From various commercial games)
*Sidequests.. complety asside from the main quest.
*Every action you take during the game affects your future
IE: if you wanted to help someone or not... if one of your allies (Unimportant) dies, you will not see them again and therefore they will not able to help you fight or give you clues..
*LIST WILL KEEP GROWING I HOPE

Spoiler for:
Title screen

Tutorial explaining Blizz-ABS basic controls

Lighting storm

Blizz ABS Hotkey menu

Some fresh air for our hero

Now featuring a simple questbook (thanks to gameguy)

A lil cutscene (Like in new RE games xD)

Let the battle begin

YAaargh

A simple puzzle

No time to read rite now? no problem.. books are weak

Booty

Ice crush

Supernova

An obstacle

Roof battle..

Spoiler for:
*For the main engines:
-Enterbrain
-Blizzard
*For the Scripts:
-Blizzard
-Ccoa
-Sofia
-Game_guy
*For the Raw material:
-Angevon
-Anni Korzeniowski
-Gravity (Art designers)
-Phyranha bytes (sound and art designers)
-BioWare(sound and art designers)
*For the tools:
-Dmitry Jamerov
-Eddy L O Jansson
-Petr Zahradnik
-Jed Wing
-Nico Bendling
-"Avenger"
Special Thanks to:
-EvilM00s (proofread)

Ooohh yeah.. and thanks to all the people who has been helping me in the forums  :D If im missing something or someone please notify me :)

Spoiler for:
Full version to be relased next fall

Create video for the demo:                                Cancelled
Finish gameplay theories & add missing scripts:      Not done
Add the rest of the monsters & characters:           Working on it
Add the rest of the Skills:                                   Working on it

Event planning       Functional Tileset       Eventing itself & extra details
Stage2   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage3   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage4   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage5   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage6   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage7   Done                        Not done                       Not done
Stage8   Done                        Not done                        Not done
Stage9   Done                        Not done                        Not done

Final details Not done

DEMO

Version 1.0:
First version
Version 1.1:
-Fixed error that crashed game in the first battle scene
-Fixed puzzle
-Relocated various events that were not so accesible
Version1.2:
-More help for the maze
-Fixed Characters colors a bit
-Added Quest Book
-SP cost Lowered for some skills
-Boss is now more dangerous
-Fixed Status Fade-Out Times

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zreb9g

Maze Guide

Spoiler for:
- From laberynt entrance go south 2 maps to reach the rooftop
- From laberynt entrance go East,South,South,South,West,North,North then just follow the portals to reach the impresoned room
Enjoy :D

(Note: may contain small bugs or typos, please report any anomaly.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:55:34 PM by Oracle games »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I have to say this but . . . two words: Loving It ~
>__> The use of Ragnaroke Online Sprites & the Tilesets (Among those enemies) merge well. Can't wait to see a Demo of it soon.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah it looks nice. Are they Baldur's Gate 2 tilesets? They look very good in-game and the battles look hard :) Good luck.

~Moved to Main Projects board, as it meets requirements.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This looks fucking awesome. I loved Astyanax when I was young. I hope you use the Remlia theme song somewhere in the game, because that song is sick.

Rep:
Level 83
The use of Ragnaroke Online Sprites & the Tilesets (Among those enemies) merge well

Thx :) had to add inner shadows to the ragnarok sprites so they dont look too bright on the maps.

Yeah it looks nice. Are they Baldur's Gate 2 tilesets? They look very good in-game and the battles look hard

Yup i ripped the maps from Baldurs Gate 2 ... it was hard :-X, the battles are not so hard since you can push your enemies against the walls in a 1vs1, but some of them got an arsenal of skills, i will put special effort to make the game as balanced as i can, want it to be overall hard, but not to the point of frustration ;D

This looks fucking awesome. I loved Astyanax when I was young. I hope you use the Remlia theme song somewhere in the game, because that song is sick.
I know what you mean :D the songs on this game were haunting.. i got a remix of remlia theme but i dont think it will fit in a battle or something, but there are the intro themes   :blizj:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This does look awesome @w@ definitely worth a download, as stated the graphics merge together in a really good way.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You got me an Aphrodisiac for my birthday? Euphoria!

I seriously can't wait for a release of this, it looks awesome :) Good luck with it.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Woah! how did you get ur game in 3D sorry if i'm not that informated so I just Wanted to know :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Thorn Out Page

Rep:
Level 83
This actually looks quite good. I'd have to play it to know if it works though. Are you using an isometric script, or do you just have iso tilesets and characters?

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

Rep:
Level 83
lol it looks isometric (attacks and tiles) but it works as a normal 2D rpg.. I wish i could upload the demo soon.. but i have been having technical problems :S ..
but i must say that what i have done looks awesome.. maybe a lil too overwhelming, just hope it is fun to play :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Do you have it so the player's walk is always diagonal, or do you have an 8-way-directional movement script? I think it'd be nicer if the characters walked diagonally with having to hold down and left, or down and right, etc. And if they did hold down and left, then they would move just left instead. Like inverting the controls on an 8-way-directional script sort of.

Rep:
Level 83
Thorn Out Page
Lol i just noticed i have a gross typo there :S .. well english its not my first language
Do you have it so the player's walk is always diagonal, or do you have an 8-way-directional movement script?

I think 8 way directional movement is better, gives your more freedom whit your character...

I think it'd be nicer if the characters walked diagonally with having to hold down and left, or down and right, etc. And if they did hold down and left, then they would move just left instead. Like inverting the controls on an 8-way-directional script sort of.

mmm i think i will just keep things simplified  ;) .. as im ripping isometric maps and putting them in a non isometric walk/combat system i want the player to have that movement freedom, if i overcomplicate things it will just be anoyying  :-X
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:16:18 AM by Oracle games »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
where did you pick the ragnarok online creatures from? Isn't it other files format?
Hum...Even the maps...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 83
Well theres when i used my magic..
You can find Ragnarok sprite sheets in .png formats over the internet, i put them in a charset template for RPG maker and made the size changes.
The tilesets are tricky, i used a modders tool to extract the files from BG2 game, then in photoshop i resized, cut & arranged them in a template to use them as a normal Tileset, some are still a little buggy but they are worthy maps.. i want to make a tutorial about making maps out of pictures after i release the Demo which is almost done..

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 4 :Eternal Dragon Quests
I'd play it.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Rep:
Level 83
New screens.. enjoy :D
a playable demo will be available soon

Rep:
Level 83
Demo is out.. some feedback would be appreciated.. is there someone out there alive?  ???

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yay demo. I'm downloading now. A bit file heavy, but I have time to download and no time to play. I'll download it now so when I have the time I can fully enjoy it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
The graphics are truly amazing, I didn't know RMXP was capable of that! Just five minutes into the game and I can honestly say it's the most professional looking game I've tried from this site. I love the dark style of the maps/screens/whatever and the ABS. Very, very impressive.

As soon as I can, I'm playing this demo through.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 82
This game is typically based on graphically as a great game for playstation Saga Frontier 2 Your game is the same as it is! A similar appearance and similar Tileset.

your image is kind of offensive, if it's that important to you, make it a little smaller and place it in your signature.
~grafikal
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:35:29 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 83
But I did get stuck in one of the rooms after leveling up. I couldn't move move.

MMm Did you got stuck after talking to the master in the cold room or before.. or you got stuck right after leveling up? :S thats a bit strange bug..

The graphics are truly amazing, I didn't know RMXP was capable of that! Just five minutes into the game and I can honestly say it's the most professional looking game I've tried from this site. I love the dark style of the maps/screens/whatever and the ABS. Very, very impressive.

Thanks for your comment n_n im glad you people like the graphics.. it took me some extra efford to make the tilesets and animations but eye candys are really worth it :P

This game is typically based on graphically as a great game for playstation Saga Frontier 2 Your game is the same as it is! A similar appearance and similar Tileset.
haha really? :S i have not played any PS2 RPG yet, never owned a console.. my game is more like an hybrid whit baldurs gate 2 maps, ragnarok charsets,Gothic 1 references, torment animations and ogre battle,s themes to me :P

EDIT: has anyone go past F2 yet? even i get lost in the maze after that xD but everything is tested just right and placed Hints in the way :) ... the only bug i couldnt fix was in the F1 Puzzle, it somethimes crashes the game when you resolve it but its rare
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:59:21 PM by Oracle games »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
The day I DL'd the game we were really busy at the FD, but I will be playing it some more.

Also, does the game support USB gamepad input? If so, do I need to remap the keys? Is that possible?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 83
The day I DL'd the game we were really busy at the FD, but I will be playing it some more.

Also, does the game support USB gamepad input? If so, do I need to remap the keys? Is that possible?

I think it is possible whit a script  .. Good idea :)
If everything goes as planned i will Upload a new version tomorrow (1.2), it will include:
1.- A nice quest log
2.- lower SP usage for magic skills
3.- More Hints in the maze area
4.- Gamepad support

If you get stuck or something just tell me n_n my lil bro has already beaten it but got problems in the maze area.

Rep:
Level 83
Wuzup guys!!  ;8
I included:
- Updated Screenshots showing new maps, Blizz-ABS features, animations for those who have not much time to play or download heavy files.
- A Maze Guide (if you get too lost )
- Updated game progress, the blueprints for the rest of the game are complete

Weeee.. im so excited about being nominated again, good luck to the competition and may the best win  :zwink: