RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Common Event Shop

Rep:
Level 84
Common Event Shop
Last Update: 2009.05.31
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
I thought I've uploaded this script to Pockethouse, but apparently, I haven't so here it is!

Sometimes the lack of things you can do with money can become a little boring since it's only ever used for buying items and equipment and that's it. Well, now your players can expend their funds on common events (that you can decide what will happen). They can purchase common events that may unlock extras, recruit characters, teleport to unique places, anything your eventing ability allows you to do.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
First, bind the CE_SHOP_VARIABLE to a variable you wish to dedicate towards the common event shops. Whenever you send the player to a shop and the common event variable's value is above 0, the player will be taken to the common event shop instead. Remember to set the variable back to 0 when you want to issue a normal shop.

———

Adjust your shop's contents with the CE_SHOP_LIST. Make sure everything is filled out properly or else you'll experience a ton of errors. Here, you set the currency used, the buy text, the leave text, the welcome text, and which common events can be sold in that shop. If the currency ID is 0, gold will be used for the shop's currency.

———

Common Events can't all be free. However, you can't adjust the common event prices from the database editor so you'll have to do it here in the COMMON_EVENT_ITEM_HASH. Give your common events a cost, an icon, the number of times it can be bought (period), and whether or not you would like to make the player leave the shop upon purchasing the event. The cost will always be the same regardless of the currency you've chosen for the shop.

———

And finally, if you do decide to use different currencies, you can adjust the names used to sell them here in the CURRENCY_VARIABLE_MATCH hash. If a currency ID is left out of the list, then the UNDEFINED_CURRENCY will be used in its place.

———
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE SCRIPTS, REVIEW THE TROUBLESHOOTING PAGE FIRST!

Compatibility
- I'm pretty sure there won't be any incompatibility problems.
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- This was more or less an old idea. (???)

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Very interesting.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That is a cool idea. Nice one, Yanfly!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Whaaaaaat?! This is awesome. I'm so using this. :)

Rep:
Level 82
You are advanced girl!! I like you!!  :blizj:

Look at this!!
I'm an idiot!!!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:13:02 PM by grafikal »