RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Scene Status ReDux

Rep:
Level 84
Scene Status ReDux
Last Update: 2009.05.26
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
There's not a whole lot of reason for the player to visit the status menu. Not too much to see aside from things you can already view in other menus such as the equipment menu for stats. This script will provide additional functionality to the scene in addition to allowing the game maker to free up additional space in the main menu for the not actor-oriented stuff. For those that have used KGC's Custom Menu Command, this script works akin to that in the way that it's there for the status menu rather than the command menu.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
Since this is a big script, I’ve included a number of screenshots to explain everything (hopefully).

---------

From the first screenshot and the second screenshot are the options unique to the status menu. You can view the actor's stats or biography by simply selecting those commands in the menu. They will not take the user to a different scene but will just switch what's displayed in the lower window. You can adjust the actors' biographies through ACTOR_BIOGRAPHIES.

---------

Selecting the other commands will launch the respective scenes for those actors. Skill will launch the skill scene, equip will launch the equipment scene, the other commands will launch their own respective scenes, too. Yanfly Engine ReDux scenes are already incorporated with this script. Equip Skill Slots, Class Change, and Learn Skill via JP is already available if you have those respective scripts.

---------

If you would like to change the order of the commands, you can do it via STATUS_COMMANDS. Note that the order something appears is not the number next to it, but rather, the order of the ID's used to represent it. This way, you can adjust the order to fit your game's style and do whatever you feel is most efficient for you.

---------

You can import non-Yanfly Engine scripts into the batch, too. Just insert their ID's as shown in the screenshot above, and make sure the ID's match the respective script's ID designated for STATUS_COMMANDS. There's not a whole lot that the script comes with, but the script does provide functionality to add more. How? See below.

---------

Under IMPORTED_COMMANDS, fill out the hash properly by matching the various fields to how you would like some things to appear. The instructions won't be included in this post, but instead, provided inside the script itself for some hands on Lunatic Mode instructing. Combine this step with the step above and you can merge almost any efficiently made actor-specific scene with the Scene Status ReDux script.

———
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE SCRIPTS, REVIEW THE TROUBLESHOOTING PAGE FIRST!

Compatibility
- Anything that involves Scene_Status will most likely take a hit.
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- KGC Custom Menu Command for influence.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Very cool! You always make such detailed presentations that it makes me feel lazy @_@

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I'm using modern algebra's "Integrated Reserve Party."  When I access the stat page an actor in reserve from another actor's page via the Q and W keys everything works fine, but when I directly select an actor in reserve to view their stat page I get an error.

Code: [Select]
Error:
Script 'Window_Base' line 235: NoMethodError occured.
unidentified method 'face_name' for nil:NilClass

Is this a known bug?  Are there any quick fixes for it?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
A win = a fail at failing... So a Win = a Fail.
Bump. I am having the exact same problem. I am using the Scene Status ReDux, and the Integrated Reserve Party and It came up as
Script 'Window_Base' line 235 NoMethodError occured
undefined method 'face_name' for nil:NilClass

I would be really happy if someone could help me with this.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No promises, but first try reversing their order in the script editor. If the Reserve Party is above Scene Status ReDux then put it below or vice versa.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
A win = a fail at failing... So a Win = a Fail.
Yeah, Ive tried that. I moved some things around and it all fell into place just fine.

New problem though, Now when I add information into the "Biography" section, it has an error on line 575. The error appears whenever I test run and enter the Character's "Status"

it says its a incorrect argument, malformed format string or something. Sorry, rushed.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Let the battle begin.
For the biography part how would you go about putting in names that people would change.. normally its just \n[1] for the first character but i tried that and i tried the %s thing that you had used above the biography for the persons full name.. so i don't understand why it won't work below. help would be much appreciated.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
For the biography part how would you go about putting in names that people would change.. normally its just \n[1] for the first character but i tried that and i tried the %s thing that you had used above the biography for the persons full name.. so i don't understand why it won't work below. help would be much appreciated.

%s should work, unless there's something wrong with my/your VX.

For actor 1, you have this line right? 

1 => [ "%s von Xiguel", "Pallia",   "Male", "177.8 cm",  "72.7 kg"],

Just change that to:

1 => [ "%s", "Pallia",   "Male", "177.8 cm",  "72.7 kg"],

So if anything changes, that should change as well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Let the battle begin.
Well on that part of the script it works.. but if i want to put that same thing in the actual paragraph like their background it doesn't work. it just shows %s instead of a name.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Oh sorry, I didn't really understand what you were talking about. My bad.