RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Swap Dummies (05.04 adds Swap Dummy Monster)

Rep:
Level 84
Swap Dummies
Last Update: 2009.05.03
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
RPG Maker VX took away the ability to provide easy conditional faces that RPG Maker 2000 had. However, neither version had the ability to provide easy sprite swapping. Now, using swap dummies, you can easily grab the face and/or sprite of the desired party member or actor. However, if you decide to use this script, make sure you download the Swap Dummy images before you try to run this script.

Screenshots

Script
Swap Dummy Face
Swap Dummy Sprite

Instructions
First, download these swap dummy images into your Faces and Characters folders within Graphics.

Make sure their names remain unchanged unless you plan to edit the scripts' modules yourself.

--------------------------
Then, like the screenshot above, use them where you'd like for them to appear.

---------

And that's it~

Notes
Swap Dummy Animation coming soon once I've finished touching it up.

Compatibility
- Works with Woratana's Neo Message from what I've tried. I doubt there will be problems with other text change systems, but do let me know if they appear.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- The lobster I'm going to cook tonight~

Originally Found Here: Here
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:15:41 PM by Yanfly »
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
- The lobster I'm going to cook tonight~

Yessss.

Also, awesome script! Yet again! :)

Rep:
Level 84
Swap Dummy Monster
Last Update: 2009.05.04
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
This script can help those those who want their battles to be more random but don't want to make a hundred different troop groups. You will use one enemy as a placeholder to serve as a swap dummy inside the troop creation tab, and in the actual game, other enemies will appear in its place.

Screenshots

Script
Swap Dummy Monster

Instructions
There's three easy steps.

1. Create a monster in your enemies tab to serve as a swap dummy.
   2. Enter into the script and place in the enemy's ID.
   3. Fill the array it points to with the random enemy ID's you'd like to swap it with.

The swap dummy will automatically swap out for the enemies within the array inside the game. This way, you don't have to slave away hundreds of pointless hours to make battles with random sets of monsters.

--------------------------
Then, like the screenshot above, use them where you'd like for them to appear.

---------

And that's it~

Notes
Swap Dummy Animation coming soon after I've finished touching it up.

Compatibility
- I doubt there are that many things that edit the Game_Troops creation process.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- My morning dose of jellybeans.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks pretty good. Nice work Yanfly