RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] VX to XP Conversion

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Alright guys/gals, this here is a semi-full conversion of RPGMakerVX into RPGMakerXP.

This includes fully functional autotiles from VX that work in XP. The only autotiles that currently are not included are any fences or waterfalls. Their setups are a little different to place into XP standard.

Cliffs and walls aren't autotiles, they're just like how you would standardly use XP's cliffs and walls.

It also includes all of the NPC and Actor characters from VX.
It also includes all the vehicles from VX.
It currently includes 1 door character from VX.
It includes VX worldmap.
It includes all VX tiles on a single tileset ~ for variety.

It will later include all characters and battlers that aren't included already which are mostly just the special character sheets (like animated rocks and lava or doors).

This topic kind of sucks as far as an explanation is concerned, so I'm currently working on a full tutorial and screenshots. Essentially though, you could just look at screenshots of VX since it looks the same. The purpose of this is to give VX the functionality of XP with priority and layering. For those of you that like VX but can't get past the limited resources, this is a great deal. XP has more than enough capacity to allow more VX resources if converted correctly.

The demo attached at the bottom is all you'll need. All the resources
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:35:48 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
I got to admit this is very nice. I wouldn't mind making a game using this. Thanks grafikal009

Rep:
Level 83
I just love cats!
Oh wow, you turned one of my topics the other way round. I never thought of that!  Thanks, I've been looking a little for this! This is absolutely brilliant! I put it Lancer02 and all my guys were HOBBITS to him. That was funny~!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:46:22 PM by Sliparp »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is kind of cool. I hadn't seen it before. Nice stuff grafikal.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
 ;8 Ah, this is nice. Big fan of the World Map.

Rep:
Level 87
I shudder to imagine how much time you spent on this!  I did maybe a dozen characters a few months ago and it took me a few hours.  Nice work!
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 82
hello all, I'm still a beginner ...
wo0ow...
i want make it too..

but on the world map, when you press "W", the character will be back where he first stood ...
 but it was great ... thank you for providing inspiration...

:rk: :rk: :rk: :rk: :rk: :rk:
>> :) i'm still beginer :)<<
make creativity is still easy,
but make innovation is the challenge

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK - DH2 Productions
Is it possible to convert maps that have already been created in RPG Maker VX into Rpg Maker Xp?