RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Display Skill Query

Rep:
Level 84
This was something I done last week, but I felt I should share it with this board, too~

Display Skill Query
Last Update: 2009.04.16
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
Sometimes with all the features I add to skills, there's always the question of what stat affects what. There's also questions of how long some skills will take to charge and all the other fun stuff. Well, hopefully this script will provide a solution to that.

This script adds a new window to your skill menu both in battle and outside of battle. When pressing Shift (or whatever button you bind it to), the skill query window will appear and list various information about the skill. The information provided ranges from base damage to MP costs to status changes, and elements. If you have some other Yanfly Engine ReDux scripts, there are even more pages that will appear.

For the users who fear giving too much information to their players, users can disable parts of the script and prevent certain pages from appear at all. For users who have lots of custom skills and are afraid that the skills won't reflect properly, there are tags they can add to the skills' noteboxes to force reflect information and data properly.

Update History
  • 2009.04.16 - Finished script and publicized.
  • 2009.04.15 - Started on script.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view it.

Instructions
Since this is a big script, I’ve included a number of screenshots to explain everything (hopefully).

---------

Activating the skill query window isn't difficult. Press SHIFT while in the skill menu either in battle or out of battle and it'll appear. Note that if you wish to bind this to something else, you can do so under modules. In addition to changing the button pressed, you can change the text that displays, too, in case my vocabulary is not fit for your needs.

YE::MENU::SKILL::SKILL_QUERY_BATTLE_BUTTON and SKILL_QUERY_MENU_BUTTON
- These two set the input required for triggering the skill query window.

YE::MENU::SKILL::BATTLE_HELP and MENU_HELP
- These values allow you to adjust how the wording appears and whether or not you want them to even show up. For battle, you can even adjust the position of the help window if it's interfering with any custom interfaces.

---------

The skill query window will appear on the opposite side of the selected skill. This is so that the query window will not obstruct sight of the skill being queried. Positions will vary depending if you're using it in battle or out of battle, but for the most part, sizes are adjusted to the point where they're compatible on the most part. If you're using KGC's Help Extension with multiple rows, this will calculate it for that, too.

Also, in case it's asked, no, the window does not darken the rest of the screen. I only darkened the screen in these screenshots to clearly point out where you should be looking at.

---------

The first page that's shown will be the one that briefly summarizes the skill's stats and multipliers using condensed representation through icons. Although most of these are made through compatibility with other Yanfly Engine ReDux scripts, you do not require any of them to use this script. Those without Yanfly Engine ReDux scripts will show a screen similar to this:

It's not as cluttered (although it feels empty) but it still works. All other pages should work accordingly, too, it's just that they'll appear without all the custom Yanfly Engine ReDux materials. Note that if you wish to change the way the page is titled, you can do it under the module, too.

YE::MENU::SKILL::TITLE_GENERAL
- Changes the titling for the general page.

YE::MENU::SKILL::ICON_MP, ICON_HP, ICON_ATK, etc.
- Changes the icons used in the skill query windows.

---------

The next page displays cost and charge information. This pertains to skill costs, initiative, and anything else related to skill casting ability. Note that if you're using Custom Skill Effects, the MP cost in the window will change accordingly to reflect the right cost, icon, and naming. That said, make sure you have the most recent Custom Skill Effects script, too. You can grab that here: link.

YE::MENU::SKILL::TITLE_SKILL_COSTS
- Changes the titling for the cost page.

YE::MENU::SKILL::MSG_FREE, MSG_MP_COST, MSG_MP_VALUE, etc.
- Allows you to change the strings displayed for query window.

---------

Skills that deal damage or heal will show this page. If they don't perform any damage or healing at all, then this page will be omitted. On this page, the information displayed will be reflective of your skill's modifiers. Note that if you're using custom skills, chances are, they probably won't reflect properly. Fear not, I've provided a solution for that. There are tags you can input into your skill's notebox that will allow you to forcefully show query information the way you want it to.

<query basedmg x> Shows x as base damage in query window.
<query hp_f x> Shows x as HP_F in query window.
<query mp_f x> Shows x as MP_F in query window.
<query atk_f x> Shows x as ATK_F in query window.
<query def_f x> Shows x as DEF_F in query window.
<query spi_f x> Shows x as SPI_F in query window.
<query agi_f x> Shows x as AGI_F in query window.

If you don't like the names displayed in the query window, feel free to change them in the module.

YE::MENU::SKILL::MSG_ATK_F, MSG_DEF_F, MSG_SPI_F, MSG_AGI_F, etc.
- Allows you to change the strings displayed for query window.

---------

For those that use Yanfly Engine ReDux's Battler Stat: Aggro, you have a separate page here available to you to show aggro changes in data. If you don't have it or if your skill doesn't have any changes to aggro and grudge stats, this page won't display at all and will be automatically omitted. If you don't want to display this information at all, you can prevent this page from showing at all in the module.

YE::MENU::SKILL::SHOW_PAGE_AGRO
- Set to false if you wish to disable this page.

If you wish to hide aggro and grudge data for certain skills but not disable this page altogether, all you have to do is add a few tags to your skill's notebox.

<query hide aggro> Prevents aggro data from showing.
<query hide grudge> Prevents grudge data from showing.

---------

Skills with elemental data in them will have this page appear (otherwise omitted). Although there are no preset icons for elements, using this script, you can bind some elements to show the icons desired. In addition to choosing which icons appear for each element, you have control over which set of elements are allowed to appear (since I know many scripters use element checking to issue custom commands for their skills). However, since there are many custom skills out there, too, the skill query window might not display them properly either. So like the damage page, there are custom tags you can add to your elements to force show (or force hide) what you want.

<query hide elements> Prevents elemental properties from being shown.
<query add element x> Shows x in the elemental properties page.
<query sub element x> Prevents x in the elemental properties from being shown.

Here are the properties under the module which you can change for elemental properties.

YE::MENU::SKILL::SHOWN_ELEMENTS
- This array sets forth the collection of elements that are allowed to be shown on this page.

YE::MENU::SKILL::ELEMENT_ICONS
- Match the element ID's to the icon ID's to have them represent elements used within the skill.

---------

Just like the elemental query page, this page will only appear if the skill affects any states. Unlike the elements page, status effects thankfully have icons pre-set for them so you don't have to do it manually. However, for those that like to apply (or remove them) status effects through custom methods, this window will not reflect that. The solution I've provided for that involves adding tags to your notebox to force the query window to show those status effect changes. In addition to showing extras, you can also choose to hide them for a particular skill if that's what you desire.

<query hide state apply> Prevents added states from being shown.
<query hide state erase> Prevents removed states from being shown.
<query add state apply x> Adds x to the added states shown.
<query sub state apply x> Removes x from the added states shown.
<query add state erase x> Adds x to the removed states shown.
<query sub state erase x> Removes x from the removed states shown.

There's not much to do with the status effect portion of the module so I'll skip that since it's all the stuff you're tired of reading.

---------

The next page provides miscellaneous information that I don't think can really be categorized elsewhere. This page will be shown regardless for every skill unless you decide to disable it through the module. However, for those that wish to force the query to show the information displayed, you can use these tags into the skill's notebox:

<query accuracy x> Shows x as accuracy in query window.
<query physical> Shows skill as a physical skill in query window.
<query mpdamage> Shows skill as dealing MP damage in query window.
<query absorb> Shows skill as an absorbing skill in query window.
<query ignore def> Shows skill as ignoring defense in query window.

You can change the category strings displayed under the module.

---------

For the lunatics or those who like to add extra notes or use the extra note page for something else, scroll down to the Lunatic Mode portion of the script and you'll have the flexibility in doing so. Skills without a skill note will not display this page. If you want to add extra lines for your skill's notes, add a | to the string and it'll line split. You adjust the font size, the colour, and the category title under the module.

YE::MENU::SKILL::NOTE_PAGE_WIDTH
- Sets the text width of the note pages.

YE::MENU::SKILL::NOTE_PAGE_TEXT_SIZE
- Sets the text size of the note pages.

YE::MENU::SKILL::NOTE_PAGE_TEXT_COLOUR
- Sets the text colour of the note pages.

---------

Whew, and that's all I have to explain. This script has been created with focus on the players and less so the scripters. Players without a clue as to what they're doing will often lose motivation to continue playing a game and this will hopefully reduce player stress on the battle side. Everything outside of battles, scripters, you're on your own in providing and meeting the needs of your players.

Notes
This is by far the funniest video I've seen in a while: Hahaha.

Compatibility
- Works with KGC Help Extension
- Works with other Yanfly Engine Scripts
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Guild Wars Quote by Acolyte Sousuke

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Another nice looking script. Great job Yanfly.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yanfly, you are the most awesome new member we've had here in ages.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Hehe, I've actually been signed up for a while, but choose to lurk instead. Mostly because I was a bit ashamed of posting my scripts back then (considering how unrefined they were). Hopefully, they look a lot better now. v_v
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009