RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] MIDNIGHT: GENESIS PROJECT (Complete Survival Horror)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

Let me take you behind the scenes real quick. So a while back, I joined Blizzard's forum Chaos Project on NAMKCOR's recommendation. NAMKCOR and I are known as a pretty good RPG Making team there. Unfortunately for me, Nam has been a member there much longer and his work is more well known there, so the general attitude I seemed to get from Chaos Project was "Oh hey, you're Nam's sidekick". Bullshit, both Nam and I agree that we are equals. So when Chaos Project decided to hold another BlizzABS contest, I joined in to make a game solo and prove that I'm just as good as NAMKCOR.

A year ago, I was working on a good, Resident Evil inspired, survival horror game simply entitled Midnight. In the game, you played as private investigator Garrett MacIntyre and were trapped on a lonely island called Devil's Island in the midst of a zombie outbreak. Unfortunately, due to technical errors in the ABS system I'd made, I was not able to finish the project and for all intents and purposes, it was scrapped. However, I've learned a lot in the past year. I learned to use GIMP instead of MS Paint, learned to script a little bit, learned how to edit music and create sounds, even learned some things about RMXP that I hadn't known before. I'd been recently considering starting again on Midnight using some serious system improvements, and when the BlizzABS contest came along, I saw this as a good chance to test out the system idea I had been toying with.

18 days later, you have the final product. Midnight: Genesis Project, a short 45 - 60 minute long "non-canon" game in the world of Midnight. For those of you who remember the original demo, this is very similar except that it's a full game that takes place in a much more modern setting. It's still the same level of graphic violence and corny dialogue, but with a darker feel and attitude (as reflected in the language of the game, which contains more swearwords than in the original). The game does contain some spoilers, but not enough to ruin the original game should I ever get a chance to start again anew on it.

So enjoy the game, and cross your fingers that I win the contest.

"It's been two years since I returned from Devil's Island. Two years since the nightmare had started, and two years since I began my campaign to bring GENETECH, the corporation behind in the incident, to justice for their crimes. So many people died because of what they did, and as the only known survivor it was my duty to make the truth known. But, with no proof of my claims, my accusations fell on deaf ears and eventually the blame was turned onto myself instead. I became GENETECH's scapegoat, and was arrested for the murder of those who had died on the island. My lawyer and I put up the best defense that we could, but it was no use under GENETECH's influence. I was found guilty and sentenced to death. I became a "serial killer" in the papers and in the eyes of the public, though the real criminals were sitting in corporate office chairs hundreds of miles away.

Now, I'm due to be executed by lethal injection here tonight at midnight. However, I feel dark winds in the air, as though evil itself has other plans for me. Lady Luck has always gotten me through in the past, but tonight, only time will tell what fate awaits me..."

WARNING: This should be obvious, but if I was ESRB, I'd be rating this game a definite M for Mature. It contains blood and gore, strong language, intense violence, and even a little mild nudity (two naked genderless zombies, lol). This is all 2D though, so if you can't handle it, you're probably not old enough to be on the forums in the first place.

Download Here

Two things you MUST know first. One, you have to copy the font I included into your regular fonts folder. Otherwise, the opening is going to be really messed up for you. Two, I'm too lazy right now to include all of the RTP resources and drivers, so you have to actually have RMXP in order to play the game. I'll probably make a seperate version later that includes the RTP.

Spoiler for:
Game Created By:
BAYARD ZYLOS

RPG Maker XP By:
ENTERBRAIN

Resources By:
DERTT
ETORIE
FAYFOREST
FREESOUNDS
MICHAEL JACKSON?
NEMESIS THEORY
NINESAGES
PARTNERS IN RHYME
RESIDENT EVIL (CAPCOM)
SITHJESTER
SOUNDSNAP
ZANYZORA

Scripts By:
BLIZZARD
DUBEALEX
MOGHUNTER

Special Thanks To:
KUME AMETA ~<3
NAMKCOR
RAMI
RASSE (I promised him to name a character after him ^_^)
ZEICHWOLF

Though every effort is taken to make sure that proper credit is given for all resources, it is sometimes impossible to accurately identify the creator of certain resources. For this reason, I ask that if you know someone that I have neglected to properly credit, please send me a message and I shall amend the situation quickly.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:56:06 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looking good Zylos. I will download this and give it a try.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
FINALLY BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

D: Thou the story makes it sound a bit like 'The House of the Dead' along the lines.

Good luck on winning the contest too Zylos ;O

:x Going to enjoy this even more ~

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I've never played House of the Dead before. ^^;;

It's a more modern setting, so the puzzles are less finding medallions and fixing clocks, and moreso finding keycards and figuring out codes. Additionally, you can now use cheat codes to alter things like music and little secrets. Try typing "Serenity" in the password menu and see what it does. :3

Rep:
Level 87
Nice, a sequel to an unfinished game. =P

Downloading. ^^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I've never played House of the Dead before. ^^;;

It's a more modern setting, so the puzzles are less finding medallions and fixing clocks, and moreso finding keycards and figuring out codes. Additionally, you can now use cheat codes to alter things like music and little secrets. Try typing "Serenity" in the password menu and see what it does. :3
D: Password menu? <smirk> sounds interesting. These Zombies surely do follow you everywhere >__>;; (sound effects just made me lol.)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Well after playing and completing this, I will be surprised if you don't win.

I loved it and I actually jumped when the zombie was behind the door in the computer room :tpg:

The music you chose really went well with the atmosphere and it really kept me entertained. I think everyone at Chaos Project will see you equal to NAMKCOR after this.  :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I hope so, Tez.

Oh yeah. Just like in Shadows, I've added a secret room somewhere in the game, but this time it's well hidden. It requires the use of a certain password and a tiny little room that doesn't seem to have any real purpose. What's the password and where's it at? Well, that's for you to find on your own. :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The music you chose really went well with the atmosphere and it really kept me entertained. I think everyone at Chaos Project will see you equal to NAMKCOR after this.  :)

funny thing is, I've never acted to the contrary, they just have known me for a lot longer, and probably assumed I was the 'leader' and Zylos the 'sidekick' because I was the one posting the threads :P

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Because I've got a number of people asking, here's just a couple of passwords. Most of them just change whatever the current music is, but a couple are good cheats that can get you through the game ten times faster. I highly recommend you don't use any of them on your first run through the game though. What fun is there if there's no challenge? You can learn what the passwords are in the game itself, but apparently it's not as obvious for some people as it should be. *coughbeatthegamecough*

Spoiler for:
Four of the many passwords:

"Action" - Plays the action theme you hear when you're in a tight spot.
"Blazing" - Adds 99 ammo to your inventory. I recommend you don't use this until after you beat the game once.
"Elevator" - Plays the industrial theme you hear in the opening elevator cutscene.
"Thriller" - Use it in the small side room west of where the lab tanks are. You'll see for yourself what it does.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Massive bump of a dead project, but now that I've got my files back, I figured I'd post the unencrypted copy of my game out for anyone who wants to take a closer look. Just don't try to copy over any of the resources unless you know who to credit.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0770wx

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
All Your Links Are Dead... :'(
I loved the 1st man. can i get a copy of Garret Maclntre with and without his gun. I just want to make my own guy different im just not good at spiriting. will give credit :-\ PM Me Plz

by the way update your links furryman :zwink:
Hey if you need anything just ask.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Sure thing here. Unencrypted version, you'll find the sprites and such in here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TNDP49Y

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks, Are you going to finish this game?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Read the topic title.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Yea well it doesnt seem like there was progress, cant wait for it to be done man :zwink:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It is done you idiot.

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Wow, i deserved to be called an idiot for that... Im just gonna forget that ever happend hahaha.
Great-Job Furry :D