RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Actors Options in Status Window

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Actor's Options
Version: 2
Author: Charbel Ramy
Date: February 14, 2009

Description

Adds the Actor's Options in the Status Window.

Features
  • Allows you to enable or disable the actor's options

Screenshots

Instructions

1.Past the script in the material section above main.

2.In a "Script..." event command, call this:
 $game_actors[id].opt(tf)

id = the actor id in the database
 opt = tss, fxe, atb, sgd, phm, cbn.
 tf = true or false (enable or disable)

tss = Two Swords Style
 fxe = Fixed Equipment
 atb = Automatic Battle
 sgd = Super Guard
 phm = Pharmacology
 cbn = Critical Bonus

e.g. to enable Two Swords Style for actor.id1: $game_actors[1].tss(true)

Script

See attached file

Credit

• Charbel Ramy
  • BigEd781

Support

Email: charbelramy@hotmail.com

Restrictions

Free for use in your work if credit is included.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:41:59 PM by Charbel »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's a very good addition to the status menu. Nice work.

thank you  :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Is there the option to have the descriptions of what each option does in the empty space in the menu there? That might be something to think about.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Actually I think that empty space is where your equipment appear. I don't think there's any more room for any extra info. Most are self explanatory anyways.

- -

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Actually I think that empty space is where your equipment appear. I don't think there's any more room for any extra info. Most are self explanatory anyways.

pharmacology

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

some people are pretty stupid and you should always assume that a new gamer is playing the game, even more if it's an rpgm game. we may know what they mean, but not everyone and if someone is lost in a game they lose interest and game fail. small things like this help. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Even still, the emty space is where equipment goes, so there is nowhere to put that information.

The only suggestion I would have for this script is to just not draw the ones the actor does not have, rather than drawing them disabled. And maybe put an outline of a box around them. Though that's just because I like boxes. It looks good as it is.

The other benefit to not drawing the ones the actor does not have is that you could then use that space to put the information on them, if that is something you want to do.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
would it be possible to create a box in the upper right corner wide enough to allow even space for the character's name and the box, and then have the description with in it? and have that text scroll horizontally at a customizable speed? im just trying to think best for the user. this is a very good script never the less.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:44:53 PM by grafikal009 »

thank you for the replies  :D
I'll try to put an outline of a box around the options and add the extra info  :)
I do not have much time but I will try to do it as soon as possible
But if someone wants to make these changes faster, I'll be very happy and thankful
I don't speak english very well  :D  ;)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
np. good script charbel :)

Thanks grafikal009
I am glad you like it :D

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Actually I think there's a section in the script where you can edit what each option is labeled as. So for pharmacology for example, it makes items 100% more effective (So twice as effective).
Maybe you could change it to "Item Effect 2x" or something. Also super guard reduces damage to 25% rather than 50%. I doubt anyone cares about the exact %, so it should be fine as just "super guard".

The script is great so far, but maybe you should let us change the font size so we can squeeze in a little more in there, as well as maybe add a title above it saying "Character Bonuses" or something.

- -

great ideas
thank you
 :D
I'll make a new version of the script  :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
A Good Heart starts with a Good Mind.
Very cool I may try it out.