RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Riokan Stories: Rogue Adventures

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
This is my first game on RMXP so go easy on me? :]
I'm also still trying to figure out how RMXP works fully...

Story: As of right now, the story stands at...
Spoiler for Click for the Story:
In the land of Rioka, a dark force is approaching and only one person has the true power to stop it. Reena, a 17 year old girl with the skill of a rogue is somehow forced into saving the world when she runs into Sienna, a seer who sees force coming. Sienna attempts to notify all of the world's elemental rulers of such a tragic future, in hopes of somehow prolonging the end.

The game starts off with Sienna warning Eden, the element of Earth. Eden then asks Sienna to find a way to stop the impending danger. Then you move onto Reena, and her adventure.

Playable Characters: Thus far...
Spoiler for Click for the Playable Characters:
Reena -
The main protagonist of the story. She has a shade of pink hair and fights with daggers. Her fighting class is a rogue. She is from the town of Edorim, and somehow finds herself being dragged into saving the world when the seer, Sienna, finds her.

Kira - The best friend of Reena. Both her and Reena do not have a family, so they consider each other sisters. Kira is also from Edorim, and wields a bow. Her class is that of an "archer". She joins the party by asking Reena to help her with a grocery list.

Sienna -
A fortune teller, or "seer". She travels through Rioka to spread of the word of the impending danger. She is first seen in the beginning cutscene of the game. Her origin is unknown, so is her age.

Features: ---Currently not at home so I will add the credited scripts later---
Spoiler for Click for the Features:
  • Tons of Addons v6.81b - by Blizzard
  • Letter by Letter v1.11 - by S.I.T.A.
  • Leon's Shopping System v1.0
  • Easy Party Switcher v2.11b - by Blizzard
  • New Scene_Status v1.0 - by Falcon, and Acedent Prone
  • More to come!

Random: The only form of graphics that I have done in this game are the character sprites of Reena and Sienna, so far. I'm not really good with the whole "Not using RTP thing." So please bare with me? :]

Demo: Click for Demo

Screen Shots: Screen Shots are subject to change, as I keep on changing the maps! ^__^'
Spoiler for Click for the Screen Shots:

Recent Updates:
  • Edited the window skin to a pink shade. Fixed the white lines that appeared during game play.
  • Added the \name[Character's Name] code to the dialogue sections.
  • Organized and cleaned up some graphics and dialogue.
  • Added newer screen shots.

Any questions/concerns/comments? :] Anything would be appreciated!
Anddddd - if you are interested = Facebook Group.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:36:34 AM by Exer0 »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Huh. This actually looks pretty interesting, considering that almost all of it is just the RTP. Some of your maps look really well done, too. Any chance of seeing a demo soon?

Nothing personal.
Thanks :D haha I have no idea how to really make a demo -noob-. Do I just compress the file? Or do I just save the game and upload it somewhere?

Rep:
Level 84
Not to be predictable, but...
you should probably do both...
use the executable maker on XP, and the compress the file to make it small, then use a place like FileFront or MegaUpload to host it, and link to that. N00bs aren't always a bad thing, by the way. All the greats started as n00bs. You can't get better unless you try at it. This looks really interesting, by the way, and I hope you do really well with it. RTP stuff isn't bad either. Good luck with this.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

Nothing personal.
Haha what you said actually means a lot to me. :D
Thanks haha, and a demo will be up very soon!
-Just gotta make sure everything's working properly and the like.- :]

Rep:
Level 84
I agree 100%. There is nothing worse than a buggy demo that's supposed to showcase your skills. Take your time, althought not too much, and inform us when the demo is ready.

Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

Nothing personal.
Demo is up! :]

Rep:
Level 84
nice man, i'll definitly download it when i get home. nice to see you figured out how to do it :)

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Haha tell me how it is! Someone told me that the monsters are a bit hard...but I usually don't fight them until I get Kira into my party. But mainly that's because I know how to play my game haha ^_^'

Rep:
Level 84
all right, so i just downloaded it, and i'll give it a try, though if it meets my expectations, it should be pretty good.

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Haha well then I'm hoping it meets your expectations! :]

Rep:
Level 84
hm...
well, I'm playing it as we speak, haven't gotten super far yet, but there are a few things worth note right off...

1. I like the idea of the little video intro before the main menu (The one with Start, Load, Quit) but I think there should be a way to skip it if you've seen it before. Also, the prompt that asks you if you want to make it fullscreen should come before this intro, not after... it just didn't feel right, although that's just me.

2. I think there should be a little more introduction to the story at the very beginning. Reena starts the game by saying 'oh, I must have been dreaming.' That dream could have been a better intro to the story, even though there was that little video I mentioned earlier.

3. I personally didn't find the combat too hard, although I did have Kira in the party before I fought :)

I'm liking the look and feel of things right now... its really good. I'll finish the demo, and give you some more feedback, but right now, I'm simply going to say keep up the good work!

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
I completely agree with you on those two points haha. I was actually going to look into a way into doing the whole "full screen" before menu thing. I also can't figure out a way to skip the scene :[

EDIT: I got full screen to appear before the cutscene! :D now I just gotta figure out a way to get out of the cutscene...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:57:31 AM by Exer0 »

Rep:
Level 84
excellent. I didn't finish the demo, but I got further, and I have a couple more things:

1. I really like the catapillar thing you've got going, with Kira following the lead around. Its a really good idea that isn't used often.

2. The combat really is quite difficult, when I look at it closer. And levels are gained so quickly that I actually thought after every battle you fought, your health completely recharged, but it only happens when you raise a level. I died at Traeon... Treeon? I'm not sure how you spell it. That's when I stopped.

Anyway, like I said earlier, these are just my opinions, and the combat thing is really just a sort of heads up. Making a hard game isn't a bad thing. It's looking really good, so keep up the good work.

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Haha yeah, I never fight Traeon unless I'm over level 6. Maybe I should weaken him? But then what's the fun in having a boss fight? :D

Also, I had it at the normal rate for exp leveling and such, but that took forever to level. Maybe I should find a better medium?

Thanks for all of the comments! :D

Rep:
Level 84
nah, don't bother. like I said, hard games aren't always a problem. I was over lv.6, btw, and he still whooped me. i'll try again later. as for the levelling up thing, if you can find middle ground, go for it. If not, its not a big problem, as once you reach the higher levels, it'll take longer. Keep up the good work!

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Ah yeah :D
Also, do you think I should add any more save spots? Or are those two just fine?

Rep:
Level 84
Two, man? I only found the one! Ah, well, that's cool. Two would actually work pretty well. I finished the demo, and I loved the way it ended. Keep it going, it's looking really good so far.
There was one more thing, positive, that I can't remember...
Oh, well. It's still really good. Definitely following this project with interest.

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Haha did you enter the club? :D
That's my favorite section in the entire game haha
and thank you so much for all the comments! :D

Rep:
Level 84
Nah, I definitely missed it. I'm gonna go back and play again, mostly to find the second save spot, lol! No prob for the comments man, I enjoyed playing the game! Keep going!

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Hehe thanks! I'm trying to change a few things, but some of the things I'm changing aren't really working properly so I'm kinda like "ughhh" lol.

Rep:
Level 84
what are you working on changing?
Oh, by the way, when you reach the end of the demo, when the screen fades out after the two decide to head to bed, you wind up in the bedroom before the screen fades. Just wanted to let you know, as it looks a little messy.

Final Fantasy 7

Nothing personal.
Haha yeah, I noticed that :/
I'm trying to add facesets :/ it's not really working haha

Rep:
Level 84
I know, XP wasn't really made for facesets. I'm sure how you could do it. If you can't figure it out, I wouldn't worry too much. They may make the game a little more aesthetically pleasing, but aside from that, not having them won't take too much away. Good luck with them, though!

Final Fantasy 7