RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Death Note then?

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Okay, I am willing to join the battle to make this board a serious board. We might as well start by talking about Death Note.

I'd be able to recommend Death Note to anyone here, if you haven't heard of it, it's about this guy (Light or Raito as some people write it) who finds a notebook lying on the ground that has the power to kill anyone as long as they know their face and their name. It's a physiological thriller about morality, insanity, and is based on the basic question "Is it alright to kill bad people?" I could recommend the manga or the anime, really, so when it comes to that point I'd stick to your own personal preference. So let us discuss, I suppose.

SPOILER FOR REAL, FOLKS(please, when discussing this, use spoilers >.>)
Spoiler for:
The first time i watched Death Note, i watched it up to the point where L died. That was a ridiculous shock, and I tried getting through the next two episodes, but after seeing things like elections for the new L (Stating outright that there will be an L clone) and that summary that Light decided to look at, I couldn't stand seeing any more. So now i'm going to be a little trooper and try again! I'm going to hope i'll be able to get through the manga at least, it might be easier to take now that i know what happens afterwords. I still need to heal though, L was my favorite  ;9
Spoiler for:
Also, what did you guys think of the points where Light didn't remember anything and was actually a decent guy? Were you sick of it and were you waiting for him to get the death note back so that you could see him kill some more people? Did you think "Fuck this is fake hurry up and get this over with"? Did you mourn the good Light after his departure, and think WTF, not again?

Also, as another note, I'd recommend the manga so far, because Light seems so much more insane in his very actions alone ;8
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:03:04 AM by kitkatkan »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
This is one anime I actually haven't seen yet. But I should. I first heard about it three freakin' years ago, and I've heard mixed reviews. Some say it's great, others say it's boring or too depressing...

But my anime sense tells me I'll like it, and my anime sense is never wrong.

I'll pick up the first book tomorrow. :tpg:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I shall say one thing only: Yes, it can be as depressing as fuck.

READ IT IT'S GOOD.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Watched some of it, it's really fucking boring until the end.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Death Note has way too many cliffhangers. Nuff said.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I liked the idea of death note but i just watched the ive acton movies ;3

It was killed for me anyway when i recommended it to a friend, then we went a be insane and brought in a notebook on which he had wrote Death Note on >_>

I found my name and a few friends from the class :/

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
This is one I've actually seen... but someone spolied the end for me when I was half way through so I stopped for ages but finished it off recently.

Also, what do you guys/gals think of the live action version? I've only got the first 2 (of 3, but I don't think the 3rd one is out yet.).

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
SPOILER FOR REAL, FOLKS(please, when discussing this, use spoilers >.>)
Spoiler for:
The first time i watched Death Note, i watched it up to the point where L died. That was a ridiculous shock, and I tried getting through the next two episodes, but after seeing things like elections for the new L (Stating outright that there will be an L clone) and that summary that Light decided to look at, I couldn't stand seeing any more. So now i'm going to be a little trooper and try again! I'm going to hope i'll be able to get through the manga at least, it might be easier to take now that i know what happens afterwords. I still need to heal though, L was my favorite  ;9

The show blows after that happens, even though one of my favorite characters doesn't show up until then, it totally sucks.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Matt?

everyone talks about him, i've heard about him secondhand, which makes me kind of pathetic, but he's everyone's favorite character  :tpg:

besides L, of course .-.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
no, not Matt

Mikami Teru

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87