RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Wings of Eternia

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
The title of the game might be changed depending, but that's what I'll stick with for now. Anyways, here is my latest game I'm working on (and plan to finish!) If you've seen my old games... I definently have improved on my "eventing" and mapping skills. (*Cough*Golden Sun: The legend Returns was a project I failed at so badly 3 years ago*cough*)

Story
Spoiler for:
The city of Livana

A town that is located below the nobles quarter, and a city of workers. Ever since the war between the ancients hundreds of years ago the land has been all but rich. Only the land of green is accessable by the nobles. The people of Livana work to find the crimsas ores. With these ores they trade them to the nobles for food and their daily needs. Crimsas ores are the source of all power, and are vital to finding the technology of the past. Nobles have some of  this power, and should the people of Livana refuse their requests they would use it against them. Not a soul would cross blades with the nobles, since the people of Livana have to give up their Crimsas ores they are unable to seek it's power.

Characters
Spoiler for:

Mihli
Bio: Mihli tends to act more like a boy then a girl. She can’t stand wearing a dress and is insulted when asked to wear one. Mihli is the action girl, and loves to be on the front line when anything happens, and she is willing to get dirty while working. Though, she wasn't always this way. In her early teens, she was always a quiet girl that loved to observe others and tend to sit on the side line of the world.
Mihli uses gloves or just her hands as her weapons, and knows some hand-to-hand combat.

Levin
Bio: A faithful friend of Mihli's father. Even though he is much older then Mihli, he seems to be younger looking. At times some will mistake him for being a girl when looking at him from behind. Levin is part of the guild which helps get crimsas ores back from the nobles, though he watchs over Mihli and does side work that won't put him or her at risk. He intends on keeping the promise he made to Mihli's father. Levin uses a dagger for his main weapon but also knows some healing and buffing spells. Might not be powerful but certainly is reliable.

Madelyn
Bio: A noble girl who has always loved to try her best in everything she does. Madelyn took up fencing as a hobby when she was around 9 years old, and it soon became her passion. Though the first year of training she could not manage on a 1 vs. 1 fight, and because of this she became discouraged. Her trainer was always her role model, as he always helped her even after practice was over. Madelyn has a friendship with Mihli that started back when she was about 12.

Screenshots and Videos
Spoiler for:

Video

Battle System (Evented!)
Spoiler for:
What's TP?
Every action takes some energy to use, whether it be from healing your party members to performing a normal attack. Each move takes away a certain % of TP. That being said, the max % of TP you can have is 100%. Default TP regain is 1 every second, but if you take the guard stance (Pressing Z) you will regain about 3 TP per second, in exchange of wiping your current combo input (no turn delay though) Note: You do not lose TP when you miss an attack.

Combo Input
This is a combo based battle system. Each turn you can press 3 of the 4 directional buttons (Up, Down, Left, and Right) Based off of what you press determines what move you will use. Such as, normal attack is Left Left Left while explosive dropkick is left left down. At this current time, if you input a combo that has no current known skill it will use up your turn and you will be subjected to the 60 frame turn delay before you next turn comes around. Your turn is indecated when your previous input has been removed from the screen. (The default delay between inputs+skill animation is 60 frames, but there will be haste gear that will shave off some of that delay(or some that adds on to it))

Hit or Miss
In my game, the accuracy of physical attacks is calculated based off of your AGI vs the monsters AGI. You'll notice a difference as you get with in a 5 AGI difference between you and the monster (only bad when you are with in 1 or the monster is much higher then you). Acc caps at 90%, and miss chance caps at 50% (won't go any lower). This is to be kept in mind when choosing out your gear.

Current Known Issues
*Running into a monster when aggenst a wall (left side or right side): At the moment, your allys and your self are concidered "Through" when in battle, so if you run into a monster that is aggenst the wall it will not freeze the game.

*No amount of damage taken or given displayed: Due to the animation spam of attacks, there is no way for me to display the damage you are dealing or taking through animations. I will though see if I can do it through pictures~

Credit
Spoiler for:
Scripts/Materials:
Moghunter Animated Title Screen
Picture Limit Script: Modern Algebra

Music:
Falcom
Toradora
Toaru Majutsu no Index

Support:
Mr.Moo
maia (Thank you for finding that error in the default VX script, my attachment menu would have been doomed without that find)
Garge (Thank you for fixing the script error!)

===Demo===
In order to use the guard function, please configure your button set up to a button that is set to the "L Button"

Demo Link (New Wings of Eternia): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFN10C9F

Demo Link(About 30mins+ of gameplay(Old Demo(PotM Version)): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EN6BUGQD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:29:09 AM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Looks good so far, and I'm playing the demo right now.
I'll edit as I progress, but so far I've encountered some bugs/problems:
- Mihli Side: At the azure cave where theres a gate that needs a key, you can walk through the left side of it. I suggest you put it as an event tile that isn't passable.
- Minor spelling errors, not that big a deal.
- Some tilesets were used weird, like the elevated platform and cave water for the bridge area.
- I'm assuming you cannot enter the guild because that's the end of the demo.

On the positive side, your music choices were great. The character movement during events was impressive, and the world map was great. Nice work Winds.

- -

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you for the feed back ^^ I fixed the majority of those issues, and my friend will proof read my game this weekend. I'm not the best speller seeing as I've never gottan an A in my LA class v.v;  And yes, the guild is not enterable at this time, I haven't even started on the map D: Also, I just found another glitch that I HOPE people don't use >_>
Spoiler for:
At the bridge building part in azure cavern you just need one plank because I forgot to -1 from the variable.

My next demo I plan on having at least over 30 guild quests available, 2 guest characters that you can befriend,an array of Esper Drivers that you can find and use, some of the crafting system done,  and a guild dorm room that you can customize and upgrade.

Here is a little "Preview" of what is to come in the next demo (Which I plan on it being over 2 hours worth of game play_
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:13:48 PM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It looks good. I'll have to dl it soon.

Rep:
Level 88
Ok, so I know I shouldn't show two previews of whats to come next in my game, but seeing as this next part will probably be the longest part in the game (Floors B10-F20)  I feel that it's safe to show just the begining of this mission. 

Spoiler for:
In the video it shows the 2 new guest characters (Not the befriendable ones) and their fighting styles. I evented Lynn's abilities so that they require ammo to use. The monsters on this mission have a barrier that you must dispel with relic ammo, so that is very important to find! The first battle, the ammo system works but the other 2 battles it doesn't because I completely forgot to add in my call common event "Update Ammo" which determines if she can use her abilities or not. The other character is Sheen, he is a chemist. His abilities (except for cheer) require Chemist Mix to use, though I haven't finished his abilities yet so I spammed them in the video.

Enjoy the preview of mission 2: Lab Project Gone Wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FdiG809ZDs

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Congratulations! MrMoo has chosen your project to be Project of the Month for December. You should get a PM detailing what that is and what it involves, but basically your topic will be stickied for a month. Yay for POTM :)

Rep:
Level 88
Oh wow, I'm very honored to receive POTM. I took a small break so thats kinda why there hasn't been much updating, but, I'm planning on working very hard and I promise there will be a better demo out in the next few weeks.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Congrats for the POTM, HowlingWinds. ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the system sounds interesting, and I like the duality of the storyline, I hope to see this work out for you.

and congrats

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I played the demo last night, and it was pretty good. The mapping could use a leeeetle work, but it's not bad or anything.

I like the World Map system. I haven't seen that in an RPG Maker game before.

Anyway, it's fun to play, so you did a good job. Keep up the good work, and congrats on Project of the Month. =]

Rep:
Level 88
I played the demo last night, and it was pretty good. The mapping could use a leeeetle work, but it's not bad or anything.

I like the World Map system. I haven't seen that in an RPG Maker game before.

Anyway, it's fun to play, so you did a good job. Keep up the good work, and congrats on Project of the Month. =]

Thank you for the feed back  :) And indeed, my map could use a bit of a turn up. I really learned a lot from playing Leventhan's game, so one of my main focus after I finish up the 2nd missions area (since mapping kinda does squat since you can't even see 2 squares in front of you) is go back to my original maps and update them with more detail. (Sun light?)

Here is one of the maps I did after reading leven's tut
Spoiler for:

Also, at the moment, Felius' storyline will be removed untill Mihli's is finished. I'm having a hard to keeping on track if I keep hopping back and forth. When I finish Mihli's then I'll either decide to make it so Felius' storyline is an "extra" play mode after you beat the game, or I'll just go back and keep the start of the game the same where you get to choose.

And, not sure if there will be a demo this month =x been kinda busy this week, just found on sunday I have to have a speech ready by wednesday  :-\ but, I'm still working on this project every chance I get!

EDIT/BIG NOTE: Wings of Eternia has been started over (not to be mistaken with "giving up") but this time I want to focus on every little aspect of the game I can. Mapping/npcs/story/battle, all of it! I felt that my game had very little story and it was almost like I kept throwing bosses and monsters at the player. So now I'm gonna give more thought into the story and work harder on the battle system (and still add in the craft system)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:54:21 AM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 88
As I said in my last post, the game is undergoing some reconstruction. One major thing I wanted to bring to this game is a unique battle system. ESD and ESOD was decent, but nothing to great. So, I went at it for the past 2 nights working hard and I've finally got a 40% functioning CBS which involves combo input. I'll explain:

The battles take place on the map, so there is no side maps for battles. So when you run into the enemy the battle begins. Now, in order to attack you must input a 3 step combo. Normal attack is Left Left Left (so you can hold it down if you are lazy) and since the condition check for key pressed isn't "If keyhit" but "If Keydown" I gave a 15 (might be 20, I forget ._.) frame delay so if you are doing, lets say Up Down Up, it won't acidently go Up Up before you release the key. By leveling up and side quests, you learn new combos that you can use.

Next, I want to give the game a sence that each player has their own fighting style. So, I'm working on making gear that can make a weak skill strong when you put all your effort twords it. So, lets say your new ally is a pure melee and they can't heal you. Mihli learns early on in the game a healing move for the whole party. When you first get it, it's pretty weak but soon you will find gear that you can synth/buy that will have in the description "+50 to <insert move name>" So you can turn that weak healing spell into a strong spell, thus becoming a defencive style player. Naturally you will have to adapt based off you allies, but there is still room for the player to decide what they want to do.

Finally, skills and even normal attacks take up energy. I haven't gotten it displayed yet, but there will be a TP amount, and every action takes TP. Though, every 2 seconds you do regain 1 TP. This means the player will have to learn when to go all out and when to hold back. If you use your stronger moves too early you might be left open with no way to heal yourself from a powerful attack  from a monster. Also, you might be left with no TP to even perform a normal attack if you go all out. But there will be times when zerging is better. e.g. is when you need to kill a monster that has low HP but very high STR.

Since I can't offer a POTM demo, the least I can do is show you what I have done of the battle system so far

Better quality video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHYkKUsbJo&fmt=18

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like the basic idea of your battle system, but I won't lie. That's pretty much the most anti-climatic and boring battle system. They just stand there and are in the ready position. It'd be neat if they got knocked back, or if there were other commands other than <- <- <- . Though I realize you probably do have more commands, just not in the video. I don't know, it needs a lot more. Great basis though. Is it all completely evented?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I like the basic idea of your battle system, but I won't lie. That's pretty much the most anti-climatic and boring battle system. They just stand there and are in the ready position. It'd be neat if they got knocked back, or if there were other commands other than <- <- <- . Though I realize you probably do have more commands, just not in the video. I don't know, it needs a lot more. Great basis though. Is it all completely evented?

This battle system isn't done. He just did some of it today, and he told me he plans to have more combos and animations when the actual system is finished. And apparently it's all evented, not even the hud is scripted.

- -

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I realize, I was just saying, as is, it's kinda boring. But he knows this. I really like the idea.

Rep:
Level 88
Ugh, internet keeps cutting out on me every time I try to reply lol. Anyways, dont worry the animations will get better, all I have atm is that normal attack <- <- <-. Everything is evented, I was going to try to script the HP display but after talking with some people it would just be better to event it using 1000s 100s 10s 1s etc. There will be allies, there will be a TP system, there will be a guard command (which lets you regain TP faster), and I'll see what I can do about the "knock back" effect. Oh and I do plan on doing "cut-in" abilities like I did in my original version.

The only scripts I'm using is MA's script to allow more then 20 pictures to be posted, and then I'll move the animated title screen over from my original project.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's actually quite easy to event any number for HP displays. You just need 10 images for any combination of numbers on screen. Each picture is a number 0 - 9. Then you just set conditions for the 1 digits, 10's, 100's, 1000's, so on.

Rep:
Level 88
yeah, that's what I plan on doing. Just been busy getting the flow of battle working. Though I must say, this is the first CBS I've evented while having fun at it lol. Every other time it just got boring.

Rep:
Level 88
Just a little update, battle system is coming along great with a few speed bumps, but thanks to the help of others things have been working out very nicely. I'm looking to probably getting a new demo out this month, but not sure when (depends on how many more speed bumps I come across). In the next week or so I'll be editting the first post with the updated info.

Here is some info on whats going on with the battle system/HUD
Spoiler for:

1: Mihli's Display picture
2: Your current combo input for your turns attack (A 3 step in order to do a special move/normal attack)
3: Mihli's current % of TP
4: Your ally's current % of TP
5: Your ally's current tactics plan
6: Your ally's display picture

What's TP?
Every action takes some energy to use, whether it be from healing your party members to performing a normal attack. Each move takes away a certain % of TP. That being said, the max % of TP you can have is 100%. Default TP regain is 1 every second, but if you take the guard stance (Pressing Z) you will regain about 3 TP per second, in exchange of wiping your current combo input (no turn delay though) Note: You do not lose TP when you miss an attack.

Combo Input

This is a combo based battle system. Each turn you can press 3 of the 4 directional buttons (Up, Down, Left, and Right) Based off of what you press determines what move you will use. Such as, normal attack is Left Left Left while explosive dropkick is left left down. At this current time, if you input a combo that has no current known skill it will use up your turn and you will be subjected to the 60 frame turn delay before you next turn comes around. Your turn is indecated when your previous input has been removed from the screen. (The default delay between inputs+skill animation is 60 frames, but there will be haste gear that will shave off some of that delay(or some that adds on to it))

Hit or Miss
In my game, the accuracy of physical attacks is calculated based off of your AGI vs the monsters AGI. You'll notice a difference as you get with in a 5 AGI difference between you and the monster (only bad when you are with in 1 or the monster is much higher then you). Acc caps at 90%, and miss chance caps at 50% (won't go any lower). This is to be kept in mind when choosing out your gear.

All Out, Hold Back, Free Choice
Your ally's current tactics plan can be changed by pressing a button (I'm not 100% done eventing this so the button of choice is yet to be chosen). Based off of what plan you select for them, they will change how they think and how fast they use their moves. "All Out" will make it so your ally chooses thier strongest spell/move and will repeat it over and over in attempt to take out the monster as fast as possible, though this will put a dent in thier TP (not always the best choice for long drawn out fights). "Hold Back" will make it so your ally will only use normal attacks or low TP moves, also will increase turn delay so they will over all be regaining more TP then they are using. "Free Choice" They will select an ability at random not taking any notice in TP. Note: No matter what plan you choose, a healing ally will always give healing a priority over anything else.

Current Known Issues
*Running into a monster when aggenst a wall (left side or right side): At the moment, your allys and your self are concidered "Through" when in battle, so if you run into a monster that is aggenst the wall it will not freeze the game.

*No amount of damage taken or given displayed: Due to the animation spam of attacks, there is no way for me to display the damage you are dealing or taking through animations. I will though see if I can do it through pictures~

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry for the lack of updating, though this game is still on the move. As of now, the battle system is completely functionable and the ally AI works just fine. New things added:

-Mihli has a total of 14 skills (not all are shown in video due to her low level)

-Shop Upgrading System (Shown in video) :  Through out the town of Livana, shops are in need of your help due to the difficulty of them being able to get their hands on materials. At first, most shops in Livana will have next to nothing in stock, but if you get the materials you need, you will be able to upgrade and fill out their store with nice items. In a way, this is like synthing, except your end product keeps on giving (assuming you have money). Seeing as you will be revisiting Livana quite often, it would seem unfair to expect the players to search every dungeon and open every chest.  Though, I didn't want people to have a free ride on getting items.

-Common Item Exchange: Seeing as you will be picking up items that some shops will not want, you might want to talk around with some of the towns people. Some people will give items or just flat out cash for what you bring them. Some will even continue paying you as long as you keep bringing the required items.

Things that will be added:

-Rare spawn monsters: I don't intend on making these hard to find seeing as my game isn't an MMO, but, some monsters will not just spawn on the field when you enter. Some monsters will only spawn if certain conditions are met, such as killing a lot of the same types of monsters (then the rare monster will spawn for revenge) or having a certain item in your inventory might lure them to you. If you ask around town, some towns folks might have some rumors for you to hear.

-Tactics Plan: explained in the post above, just haven't put it in yet.

Here is the current video that I have up on youtube that shows the shop upgrading system, and the battle system. Though before you watch, I did fix it so the lighting doesn't go away when entering battle, and Levin now has an animation for X-Slash (just not shown in video).

Been working hard, and this is the first battle system that I've manage to almost complete that is completely evented. Takes about 10mins to replicate a monster, and about 20mins to make a new monster. I have to copy paste each common event for each monster, so, for Levin's AI I would be copying his AI common event, pasting it and then going through and changing the animation targets and other variables. This is probably the main reason as to why this game is coming along slowly =x

Spoiler for:
Set of Common Events used for one monster:

Levin's AI is the 3rd smallest common event used in the battle system. Though only reason it looks sorta big is because of the fade effect when the monster dies(Photobucket resize) :

I know I've been saying demo demo demo, but this time I don't think I'll say "I'm looking to probably getting a new demo out this month" this time. I'd rather give a quality game play over a rushed project.

Rep:
Level 85
Life is as easy as donut or not donut.
Looks like a pretty ingenuitive game, all your hard work seems to be paying off. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Rep:
Level 88
Got a demo up of the new gameplay of Wings of Eternia.

What this demo has:
 *Battle system gameplay
 *Shop upgrade system up to lv2
 *Difficulty option at the start
 *5 quests that are accessable after a certain point in the game.
 *Access to 3 main areas
    -Livana (80% complete)
    -Trophmon Highlands
    -Guild of Hope (30% complete)

What this demo does not have:
 *C.F.S. (Crimsas Fusion System)
 *Strong storyline influence
 *Synthing menu
 *Curret TP display on menu when looking at skills(editted link out as of 3/17/09 10:55PM PST)
 *HP display past 99
 *Levin joining the party.

The demo stops after you have completed all 5 quests. Even though it says you should head back to the guild master, the first main mission isn't ready yet. Hope you all enjoy~

Btw, I would also like to give thanks to those who have helped me out through getting this project rolling. Mainly MA, since when I had eventing issues, MA had the answers. It's nice actually getting this game to the point where it's functioning. (won't say w/o errors but it's almost crips and clean)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:19:02 AM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 88
Okay, finally have a real demo up. This one has storyline in it and now goes up til the first boss. (About an hour's worth of game play depending on how much you rush the storyline)  Here is what's in the demo:

-A total of 13 quests that can be completed
-Arena matchs (Chain frenzy isn't ready yet, but you can undertake the normal matchs)
-Up until the first boss battle (after the first boss, you have a choice of free mode which will let you continue playing so you can complete quests, but you can't advance further in the story until next release)
-3 different difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, and Hard (Only select hard if you are really hardcore about my game >_> )
-Shop upgrades to lv2 (even though you can get the items for the item shop upgrade 3, currently you can not upgrade it past lv2)
-Battle system (Enjoy!)
-Food Effects (Boosts in stats for a set amount of time)

Also, one thing that I really would like to stress, is that make sure you take the time to press F1 and set up a button configure to "L". This is what you must do in order to use the guard function (which comes in handy on the first boss).

Quick QnA

Spoiler for:
Q. Where is the arena? When can I do matchs?
A. After you have obtained Levin, the path that heads left in Livana, Mihli will no longer bring up a message saying "I should head here just yet" and you will be able to access the arena.

Q. Will I ever be able to change my difficulty mid way through the game?
A. Nope, it's mentioned in the begining of the game that you won't be able to change it.

Q. I'm starting to have some lag issues, what should I do?
A. Make sure you have no other programs running that could potentially bog down RPG Maker VX.

Q. I see Marianne!!! Cameo battle where!?!?!
A. It's not ready yet, as most of the side quests from her will require you to head to places that I have not made yet. Though you get to see her battle stance =p

Q. Some animations will start then be cut off by another mid battle, is there a way to fix this?
A. Currently there is no Z-depth to animations, so they can not overlap. Instead, it will stop the current animation on the target and start the new one.

Q. A sweat drop is appearing above Levin during battle, is he okay?
A. This means he is extreemly low on TP and can not use his current selected move. If you go into guard stance it will help him recover faster.

Q. What are all these raw items for?
A. Crafting menu will be added in the next demo. Up to you if you want to sell or keep them at the moment.

Q. I can't see how much damage I am doing? Is something wrong?
A. Nope, like I said before, there is no Z-depth in animations so if I added damage animations it would only stop the attack animations. Would be lame if all you saw were numbers D= so I figured you'd rather have combat animations over numbers. A good rule of thumb is Mihli's normal attack = STR + 1~3 random number. I will release a move list and how to calculate the damage being done by it later on.

Q. Where can I find the script for the battle system?
A. There is none, the battle system is completely evented.

Also, please report any bugs you find. I've tested my game time and time again, but I don't have the mind set of a new player (and my tester hasn't been seen for weeks, almost a month).

Rep:
Level 88
The project isn't dead~ it's still going. Just when your battle system is completely evented things start to slow down. I'm getting close to finishing episode 2 of the game (which is a little lengthy) out of the 3 total episodes. Sadly this game isn't going to be as long as I expected as I'm already touching 500 common events in use out of the 999 I can have.

Hopefully in the next week or so here I can release the next version of the game. Though another thing slowing me down is the EX Dungeon. Just like how Mr.Moo added Mihli and Levin into Prelude of Identity, I'm doing a cameo in my game as well. Here is a little screenshot of how Marianne's role for the EX dungeon will play out.

Spoiler for:

Also the crimsas fusion system C.F.S. will be released in the next version of the game. Now, it's not like my old version where it was just stat boosts. When you create a battle system from scratch, it's really easy to have fun with it. An example would be the elemental attachments. They change the normal attack animations depending on what you equip.

Rep:
Level 83
Black Cat FTW :P
this is going to be one of my most anticipated game(computer doesn't allow me to get to MegaUpload).  this will be the first game that i have seen with an evented battle system WoE FTW  :blizj: