RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Expansion_Suite V2.1

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Expansion_Suite 
    Version: 2.1
    Author: AmIMeYet
    Release Date: 21/10/08

For 1.0 users
    Read the readme from '[ES] Scene_Options'.

For 2.0 users
    You only have to get the new PLAY.exe.
    You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?j24ngwwdumw

Introduction
    Expansion_Suite (ES) is, mainly, someting I've loved making... but I thought it was good enough uploading..
    It's supposed to be a warm, cuddly fur, to wrap around your game. How it turned out, is for you to decide.
    To understand Expansion_Suite, take a look a the feature list.

Features

If you want to know the main features, you only have to read the bold text.

Options menu (Options editable through a menu)
    • Options get saved in ASCII format (saved as options.ini), so even notepad can use it
    • Options are stored as a global array, so everything can check it
      Overlay graphic (A custom image above all other stuff)
      • The overlay is fully customizable for each scene, and should be easily adaptable for every custom scene
      • It's also easy to delete! :D
        Intro movie (Use the PLAY shortcut to launch the game, and you'll get your own movie displayed!)
        • Require's .NET 3.5, and Windows Media Player, and if users don't have it, they can skip right to the game with the normal Game.exe
        • Once started, checks the options.ini file if the first option (in the demo's case, Intro Movie) is set to either 1 or 0, and skips the movie accordingly.
        • The movie can also be SKIPPED by clicking on the movie, once it's visible.
        • Also has a matching ICON, and it reads the window TITLE from Game.ini.
        New in v2.0:
        • Extremely simplified setup (see below)
        • Updated options.ini format (it now looks like this: "Intro movie = 1", etc.
        • Aliased Scene_Title main
        • Automated create_command_window
        • Automated update (the button processor)

*amazes self*
        • Changed @tomenu to $tomenu, for simplicity's sake. This should help make setup easier.

If you want it back to @tomenu, contact me.. That's easy enough to do..   

New in v2.1:

• Random Intro Movie (randomly selects files)

Video's should be in .avi format,
         and placed inside the /Expansion_Suite/ directory.

There is a maximum of 4 randomly selected video's (you can choose how many you want, but not more than 4)
         You should name them like this:

for 1: avi_intro.avi
         for 2: previous, and avi_intro_2.avi
         for 3: previous, and avi_intro_3.avi
         for 4: previous, and avi_intro_4.avi

Please note that video's have a high file size, so you should not have to many!

Script
            None!
            It has so many parts that you need to use the demo

Customization
            You can edit options, where and what to use as the overlay, and edit the avi_intro.avi file.
            Heh, I even included the Expansion_Suite app's source code!
            Everyone can open it up with a free copy of Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express edition.

Compatibility
            Poor, I'm afraid.
            To add Option capability to the start menu, I had to overwrite these def's of Scene_Title:
            update
            create_command_window

This should be easily fixable though..   :D

Screenshots

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Intro movie

Options and it's overlay

A character who noticed the developer mode option.

DEMO
            Mediafire

PLAY v2.1 (only for v2.0 users!)

Installation
            Make sure to copy the PLAY.exe, AxInterop.WMPLib.dll, Interop.WMPLib.dll, and the Expansion_Suite directory (the one with the avi_intro.avi inside) to your game folder.
            You also need the images from the GraphicsSystem folder, or you have to make your own.

To play this, use PLAY.exe.
            For people without .NET 3.5, either download it, or use Game.exe

FAQ
            No issues yet.
            Have one? Contact me here, or via mail.

Terms and Conditions
            You are not allowed to distribute this script/suite,
               unless you have my permission.
            You also have to give me credit.
            If you run into any issues, or have a question, please contact me, using the forum or using mail.

Credits
            AmIMeYet (Me, basically)

I'd also like some tips and stuff, on how to improve this, and how to improve my programming/scripting skill.
            I would also appreciate it if you would leave a message if you're planning on using it, or if you just like it.
            So, feedback, is the word of the post.
            I've put reply notification on, so feel free to drop a message anytime!
        [/list][/list]
        « Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:48:08 AM by AmIMeYet »

Portals - in VX!
        Spoiler for Do require's in VX::
        Code: [Select]
        $LOAD_PATH << Dir.getwd #You only need to call this once
        Kernel.require("includable.rb") #replace includable.rb with the name of the file you want to load
        Spoiler for Invert Dash enabling::
        #=============================================================================#
        # # # ANTI DASH HACK    # # #
        # # #   By AmIMeYet # # #
        # # #    please credit me   # # #
        class Game_Player < Game_Character
          def dash?
        return false if @move_route_forcing
        return false if in_vehicle?
        return true if Input.press?(Input::A) and $game_map.disable_dash?
          end
         end
        This snippet basically inverts the dashing.. allowing you to dash only when 'disable dashing' is checked.
        This way, normal maps disable dashing, but the ones you set to disable actually allow dashing..

It should be placed where you normally place the scripts ('above main', in the materials section of the scripts window)..

Rep:
        Level 97
        2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
        It seems pretty neat. I'll check it out later.

V2.0 IS OUT! See main post

It seems pretty neat. I'll check it out later.

Thanks!

And now version 2.1 is out too! It added a random intro video feature, with up to 4 different videos! See main post for details.
        « Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:21:54 PM by AmIMeYet »

Portals - in VX!
        Kernel.require("includable.rb") #replace includable.rb with the name of the file you want to load
          def dash?
          end
         end
        This snippet basically inverts the dashing.. allowing you to dash only when 'disable dashing' is checked.
        This way, normal maps disable dashing, but the ones you set to disable actually allow dashing..

It should be placed where you normally place the scripts ('above main', in the materials section of the scripts window)..

Rep:
        Level 84
        This is my most active account.
        hm, very wordy...
        can anyone explain this entire thing in a few sentences?

This is what you get if you download this:
         -An options menu, to edit certain variables, wich you can check in-game.
         -An overlay image, above everything (you can remove this, if you want).
         -An intro movie

Portals - in VX!
          def dash?
          end
         end