RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements

Rep:
Level 84
Project of the Month winner for April 2009
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, but not on the world of RPGMaking; actually I've been a Maker for over 4 years or so.

I'm a huge fan of Zelda (who isn't x3), and since one day I realized I hadn't played a worthy Zelda fangame for RPGMaker I decided to finally leave all my projects and ideas and start this one.

I've been working on it, and lately I've been wanting to promote it's development to get points of view and maybe a hand.
Not that I can't continue with the game, since I'm working on it and progressing at good speed, just a little hand on the graphics part.

Well, I'm gonna stop writting now and finally introduce the game to you.

I hope you like the info.

The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements
by LinkMasTer

Name: The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements
Platform: RPG Maker 2003
Starting Date: 19/March/2008
Style: RPG/Adventure
Creator: LinkMasTer
Oncoming Date: 01/Enero/1986
Download: [See downloads section]
Webpage: http://linkmaster007.webs.com
Forums: http://tloznoe.foroactivo.com/

:: STORY ::

Starting Note: In the end it's the typical -Antagonist kidnaps princess, protagonist goes after her, kills antagonist, rescues princess-. But it promises to be a story full of incómistrygnitas, surprises and unexpected turns that will give the game a valuable experience.

According to the legend, in the world a power as huge as the stars existed, capable of making unbelievable things real, a power that couldn't be given to only one being, the TriForce.
Divided in three shards, each one representing a different virtue, Power, Wisdom and Courage.
But the greed of one person lead the world to destruction, the holder of the Power Shard wanted the whole TriForce, kidnapping the holder of the Wisdon Shard and waiting patiently the to third, Courage.
Ganon, holder of Power, was defeated by Link, the hero of Hyrule holder of Courage, and rescuing Zelda, the princess of Hyrule holder of Wisdom.

We are in Hyrule Town, a little town that ows it's name to thatold legend. Every 15 years a Festival is held, in which a play is performed about the journey that Link started to rescue Zelda from the hand of evil Ganon. Two teenagers are chosen to perform the princess and the hero's roles, from Hyrule itself or its suroundings. Fortunately the chosen one is you, acting like the hero onthe Festival, and the young lady chosen is the princess of Hyrule Town, that, since her parents knew her age will beperfectfot Hyrule's Festival, named her as the legend, Zelda.

Unfortunately, a rumor that was spreading on everyone's ears was true, Zelda posseses the real TriForce of Wisdom, but Hyrule is not the only one who knows....
The Festival goes on naturaly, until weird things start to happen, no one knows what's going on, and just int the worst moment...........[To be continued in the Demo].

:: CHARACTERS ::

Link: Our hero, a common young man that had the luck to act as the Hero of Hyrule. He'll discover that he wasn't as common as he thought and the peace of the world is on his hands.

Inner Link: Our hero posses a weird but familiar voice, which will help him in his adventure, it seems to be the actual Hero of Time, who lays on the TriForce of Courage.

Zelda: Hyrule's Princess, daughter of the Kings. Her parents knowing her age will be the proper one for the Festival, they named her after the princess of the legend, holder of the TriForce of Wisdom, which, as told in the legend, will bring her troubles.

Navi: The Fairy of the famous hero Link, companion in his adventures, the legend doesn't tell that she was sealed along with Hyrule, Link will save her, and after finding out the legend is repeating she'll help him.

:: MUSIC & GRAPHICS ::

The music is mainly from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Sound effects from Ocarina of Time.
Graphics are a compilation of several Spriters, proper credit will be given, with my editing, maps are variated, but trying to do something different from the usual Zelda fangames of RPGMaker, map graphics are not from the SNES, GBA or DS games, are a compilation of some RPG-style, semi-front view y not upper view.
Menu, hearts, buttons, etc graphics were ripped from the GBA and DS games (Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass).

:: ENGINES ::

Custom Menu System, with several menues available as the game is played.
Custom Battle System, you'll find abit of everything, to make the game more variated and avoid ending up in something boring and allowing to manage enemy difficulties.

It'll have Action RPG, Lateral Action RPG (a thing I came up to, not new on RPGMaker, I suppose, but new for me) and more.
Puzzles and Minigames with sidequests to achieve 100% completition, and the posibility to play this aspects again in order to "break records".
Tentative Multiplayer Battle System, VS. style in which two players will be able to faceeach other in any battle or puzzle modality.
Uses PowerMode and tries to explote it as much as possible, withouth ending up in game complexity or uncomfortability.
Heart-based LifeBar, with the posiblity of expanding it by collecting Heart Pieces.
Real-time game Buttons for Actions, Attacking, Defending and Running, and two extras for Menu Items.

:: SCREENS & VIDEOS ::

Note: I know the texts in the Screens and the Videos are in spanish (I'm Mexican so I'm making a spanish game). But the Demo and the final game are gonna be in Spanish/English.

Screens:
Spoiler for:

Main Title (Customized + Animated)

Election Menu

Talking to a vendor in Hyrule Town.

Talking to a guard in Hyrule Town.

In Hyrule Town's introduction.

Videos:
1. Intro and the first 8 minutes of the game.

Direct link to video.

2. Teaser #1

Direct link to video.

:: DOWNLOADS ::
The demo download contains all the complete data, besides that individual downloads are attached in case someone needs a specific file and doesn't want to download the whole demo again.

• The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements [Demo 1.0] [57.21Mb] [MediaFire] [RapidShare]
    The main download, includes everything to be ready and play. It contains the game installer, install instructions, booklets, general documentation and Wallpapers.
  • Instructivo de Juego [2.6Mb]
    Game Booklet in Spanish as PDF (included in the installer).
  • Game Booklet [2.34Mb]
    Game Booklet in English as PDF (included in the installer).
  • Wallpapers [0.92Mb]
    Wallpapers made from drawings and images from the game. Size of 1024*768 and JPG format (included in the installer).
    Name Testing [2.5Mb]
    A small try of the Custom Name Election System, works using the Keyboard.
:: AUTHOR'S COMMENTS ::

[Story]
In the beginning I know the story doesn't seem to be bright enough, not at least because it edns up in the typical RPG, but I really promise to give the story the needed deepness to avoid the game to be boring and stupid, besides I'm trying to give everything a "reason to be", I don't likethings happening 'just because'.

[Controls]
By using PowerMode I'm exploiting the possibility touse the whole Keyboard, I'm focusing on adding several buttons, but really intuitive, not hard to use and trying to avoid them to be uncomfortable. Besides I'll not offer everything all together, little by little new buttons will be added during the game with their propper explanation.

[Menu]
I got it all figured out, and I'm workingon it [like 50% so far since the game doesn't require more]. The Menu, just like controls, will be intuitive, easy to use and gradual, meaning you'll be having "more menu" as the game goes on, this way the player won't know what he can collect until the complete menu is unlocked.

[Gameplay]
Leaving aside the classic Zelda mapping for portable consoles and RPGMaker I'm making it more RPG than Adventure, maps will be variated and I promise to do my best on what mapping concerns.

Besides, I try to keep an aspect that it's pretty damn important to me, the little detail that Link does not pronounces a single word (or text xP) at all, he never speaks. He does everything through noises or movement, this way I try to stay as close as I can to this amazing videogame saga.

[Battle Mode]
Working on my Lateral ARPG, to give the game a new, different and nice experience, I'll use different Custom Battle Systems to avoid making it boring and to make some enemies harder than others.

I hope you all like what I showed, please visit the Webpage for more info.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:46:31 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I don't like your title screen. Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth! And seeing as I'm way better at game making than you, why don't you just get off the forum?

In case you hadn't guessed, this is my attempt at trying to get people to understand what kind of effect a negative response can have on a guy's first post.
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 89
Looks interesting to me, might check it out more when im not at collage

I don't like your title screen. Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth! And seeing as I'm way better at game making than you, why don't you just get off the forum?

In case you hadn't guessed, this is my attempt at trying to get people to understand what kind of effect a negative response can have on a guy's first post.

Your a douche, shut the fuck up, seriously, least this guy put effort into what he did unlike you.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Get the fuck out of this thread if don't have anything worthy to say.

LinkMasTer@ Ingore Billy Bullshot. This looks way better then other Zelda Fan games out there. I can't wait for a translation of this. The mapping is good, and I love the graphics. Great job =)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:44:10 AM by The Shadow »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, I think it's looking pretty damn good :)
Custom Menus and such in 2k3 get big points in my book.

I'mma watch the teaser when I'm not at work.

yeah see...thing is....you're not.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I definitely like what I see here. I'll check out the teaser soon. Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks a lot for all your comments guys.

I'm gonna keep the site updated with several News and ScreenShots as I keep making the game.

And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them. Just a destructive opinion from an angry teenager who doesn't have anything elseto do but trying to pick on people. I just don't care about those kind of comments and move on.

I'll keep you guys informed about new ScreenShots and Videos, besides, I'm looking forward to release a Beta of the game, maybe the first 30 minutes so you can check the Gameplay, Menu, Music, Sounds, Mapping, etc. If I do it, I'll let everyone know.

Any Graphers [not sure that's the actual word] that would like to help the project by chance?

PS. I'm sorry my english is not perfect, as I said before, I'm Mexican. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them. Just a destructive opinion from an angry teenager who doesn't have anything elseto do but trying to pick on people. I just don't care about those kind of comments and move on.

good way to look at it.  He's just on a rampage because people are telling him why his game is bad and what he could do to fix it.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes on this one :D

edit: split off the spam.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:10:58 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
This actually looks good O:!

That and i'm listening to OOT music right now so it looks even better.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth!

Spoilers are contained inside DIVS with a CSS display attribute set by default to "none". The button just toggles that attribute via javscript.

tl;dr: content inside spoilers is loaded whether you open it or not.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
This looks really nice. I read the title and I was like "baww, another fan game, this is going to be stupid" but then I saw this and was like "this is neat"

And I fixed your Youtube tags for you. e3e;

Code: [Select]
[u]Videos:[/u]
[youtube=425,350]1IQ2pfEoAIw[/youtube]
[url=1IQ2pfEoAIw]Direct link to video.[/url]

2. Teaser #1
[youtube=425,350]vCH5rNxlNAA[/youtube]
[url=vCH5rNxlNAA]Direct link to video.[/url]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

I knew I saw those tiles somewhere
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
AH this looks bomb!

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you guys.

I'm really happy to be developing this project, I have big hopes on it.

@Anski: Yeah, the Chipsets/CharSets/Etc are a compilation from Chrono Trigger, Terranigma and more games. Actually, Link's sprite was made by a Spriter named OldSkoolMario, and he based on Chrono's sprite to do it, which is awesome btw, of course I'll give propper credit in the game.

I really wanted to leave behind the usual Zelda FanGames style, I've seen Upper-View mapping and resources way too much, wanted to do something different but worth it.

@Irockman1: Yeah, I've been told the same before, and I pretty much been in the same position several times.
Thanks a lot for fixing the YouTube's code, I didn't know that was the correct way of doing it. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:23:27 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Oh, er, I broke your links. ._.

Code: [Select]
[u]Videos:[/u]
[youtube=425,350]1IQ2pfEoAIw[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQ2pfEoAIw]Direct link to video.[/url]

2. Teaser #1
[youtube=425,350]vCH5rNxlNAA[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCH5rNxlNAA]Direct link to video.[/url]

Rep:
Level 84
Fixed again. xP

Actually, I used the direct links since I didn't know how to show the vids here. xP

Remember to visit the site to be updated since I'm releasing an Alpha of the game soon.

And check out the Name Testing  download.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:22:39 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 84
Well, just to show some new Screenshots and a Video, both are about the Custom Shop System I made and that's gonna be used in the game; and a little peek to the Item and Equipment Menu.

Spoiler for:

And the vid:

Direct link to Video [in case you wanna post a comment or so]

I hope you all like it.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 102
Well, just to show some new Screenshots and a Video, both are about the Custom Shop System I made and that's gonna be used in the game; and a little peek to the Item and Equipment Menu.

Spoiler for:

And the vid:

Direct link to Video [in case you wanna post a comment or so]

I hope you all like it.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Oh come on, that's just too amazing.

The only thing I can recommend is stopping the music when the "got item" sound effect plays.

Rep:
Level 84
Good suggestion.

I kept wondering about doing that, but now I think I will for sure, so you can hear the sound better, thank you.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It's awesome. Very nicely evented.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
my jaw literally hit the floor.
that's amazing.

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
dude this looks awesome!
I can't wait

And if u need any help with English I bet me or any other native English speaker would be more then willing to help you.

Title screen looks awesome!

One question though:

How in the world did u do this in 2003(since there are no scripts) u r the man.....

I this turns out good(like I know it will) you'll be my number 3 hero right Under Kirby and Chuck Norris
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

Rep:
Level 84
Thx a lot.

Yeah, I can't beat Chuck Norris~ [j/k]

Uhm, well, I use something called Power Mode. It was released some time ago, it's some sort of Add-On for  RM2k3, which allows to do a couple of things: using the whole Keyboard, Mouse, rotate images certain degrees, jump the title screen, call the Load-Game Screen and more. It's awesome, it brought life back to RM2k3.

I </3 RMXP and Scripts.

Actually, I'm about to finish a Barrel-balancing MiniGame using the Image Rotation of PowerMode, I can record a video of the MiniGame so you can check out the way it works; and at the same time I'll have a new video of the project. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 84
Here I leave you another video~ [note that I love making videos now :3].

Consists in a Minigame about Balancing a Barrel and avoid to drop it using the Z Key to balanceit until we reach the end of the hall; using PowerMode to rotate the barrel's picture.
It's a little bitharder than it looks like, the original video lasted almost 10 minutes since it took me several attempts to get to the end (like 4 or 5 [teh d00m barr0lz!!1!]).

Direct link to video.

I hope youlike it, I'll bring more news soon.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is...  amazing!

Stay pumped about this. I like what you're doing too much for you to give up before completion.