RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP]Wendia: Silence Of The Wind

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Proudly Presents

"In memory of Lena Bergqvist (1957-2008). Love you mother <3."

Story
The Beginning: Creation of the world. "Dinja"

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
"7 days passes. Exausted after the birth, Mother Dei calls 4 of her most loyal servant:
"I've choosen the fourth of you, to give
you a certian task. A task only my most loyal
followers can take."

"You fourth are my most loyal followers. You have to
guard one of four godly objects. The arcs to my
creation. The arcs of my story."

" To you, Evian Wendian, I give you the Arc Of The Wind"
"To you, Isaros Kebekaran, I give you the Arc Of Fire And The Sun"
"To You, Severine Laut, I give you the Arc Of Water"
"To you, Byrok Basoak, I give you the Arc Of Nature and Life"

"Each of these Arc contains the bases of your survival. Without these, Dinja
is doomed. I trust each of you to accept this task"

"We accept this task with honor. Mother Dei."

Aeons has passed since the events of The continuation. The world is now divided into 4 continents. Each continent ruled by the descendants of the Loyal fourth. The world has been in peace since that event. Until now.

Gregoros Kebekaran, descendant of Isaros Kebekaran, has declared war against the other Family clans. His goal is to gain all the 4 arcs for himself,.With all of them, he will be the most powerfull man in the whole world. The world Mother Dei once created, has been throwed into chaos.
One night. the Kebekaran army launches an massive attack at Wendian Castle, with the goal to gain the Arc Of Wind. Among the Wendian soldiers we find a girl called Tamina Gale.

Characters

Tamina Gale
Spoiler for:
Weapon: Spear
Tamina has been trained to be a soldier her whole life. Being the daughter of Lena Gale, commander of the Wendian army, she joined the army at the age of 15. She's a strong and fierce warrior and dosen't give up until the battle is truly over. She isn't afraid to speak her mind up.

Zabath Salji
Spoiler for:
Weapon: Rod
Zabath is a servant to the Laut Army. He was sent as an emissary to create an allience between Wendia and Laut. He has good ties with Tamina, since he used to live in Wendia before his father was ordered to serve Laut as an vassal. He is gifted with the power of Ice and water magic. He's a pretty shy guy, but has the tendency to speak up when Tamina is around.

Angin
Spoiler for:
Weapon: None.
This mythical creature is Taminas pet. He was given as a gift to Taminas mother from a trader when he was still an egg. When the egg hatched, he was given to Tamina. Although his size, he is very cocky and would defintly get into a fight if it's possible. Although he has wings, he is totally unable to fly.

Melanie Tanah
Spoiler for:
Weapon: Mace
Melanie Tanah lives in Basoak with her family. Her father is a servant to the court, and close advisor to Elin Basoak, leader of the Basoak clan. She's a outgoing girl, and loves to annoy her older brother, Kevice. She used to study to become a doctor, but because of her lack of ability to concentrate she ended her studies. She still has some knowledge in healing magic though...

Kevice Tanah
Spoiler for:
Weapon: Bow
Older brother of Melanie. Ignoring his fathers wish to become a servent to the court, Kevice found his passion in the forest south of Basoak. He's skilled to live in the wilderness and master at using his bow. He's also a ladies man and would hit on everything with two legs and a pair of white meat(Althought never succesfull)

Siegfried Pahlawan
Spoiler for:
Weapon: A big sword
No one knows were this lonely warrior comes from. Rumors says that he has been spotted at every battle since the war started, gazing over the battlefield. No one knows was his motives really is, but as soon as the battle is over, he's gone.

Features
Beautiful mapping by one of the best XP mappers out there!
Mouse system!
Music from Sense Circuit, Sound Prison and Episodes&Melody!
No Random Encounter system
Skill Learning system. Learn skills from weapons and armors across the world.

Screenshots

Menu System:

Title Screen:

Battle System:

Skills Learning System:

Credits

Graphics
Spoiler for:
scenicreflections.com
Strawberry Quartz
Closet
VX
VXA
Bubble Blog
Dragoncookie
DreamCore
Tana
Sithjester
Cooltext.com
ValerianaSTOCK (http://valerianastock.deviantart.com/art/Old-Paper-Stock-113461197)
Celianna

Scripts
Spoiler for:
Amaranth
Claimh
Alex Crosslight
Charlie Fleed
Atoa
parasite.jp
fukuyama@alles.or.jp
Juan
Trickster
The_Law
Ccoa
Near Fantastica
SephirothSpawn

Music
Spoiler for:
Sense Circuit
Sound Prison
Episodes&Melody

Note: This topic was totally re-made from its original form. Most of the maps in the topic is old, and dosen't exist in the game anymore. So they have been removed.

I've also made a support banner:

Post it in your signature to support the project.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:45:38 PM by OrigamiRose »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Sounds a bit cliche to me, but it can probably be pulled off. Other than that it looks good.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks for the comment Falcon. Im going to make this go off the clich'e trend.

Story and character bios has been updated.

Rep:
Level 89
Massive Update:

I've updated the whole first post. Updated character bios for 3 characters, and also a new name for the project: Wendia: Silentium Of Ventus.

I've also made a new sprite for Tamina:

The reason I did this is because it must show that sh'es a Wind Priest. It may look a bit strange right now, but Im working on it.

Also, I've edited the Wendia Tileset a bit:

I've added gold to the curtains, and also re-coloured the sofas. The benches is also re-coloured.

More updates will come soon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:59:26 PM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think it looks good. I agree that the story does sound a bit cliche, but I don't think that's a real problem as the world itself seems interesting enough to propel the game forward. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this Shadow. Good luck.

Rep:
Level 85
:3
I kinda like the title "Silence of the Wind" better than the new name, but the game sounds awesome. I like how you used the VX battlers in there, and the mapping is almost orgasmic!
:dalton:

Rep:
Level 89
Thank you for the comment =)

Im currently working on the dialog so far into the game. Most of the dialog has some grammar errors, and that's the thing that takes the longest to get done for me.

Rep:
Level 89
A small Update:

Im going to tell more about the purpose for Ongria, the wind spirit, that will follow you during the game.

You can't save directly from the menu in this game. There will be zero save crystals or something like that. In this game, you need to talk to Ongria to save.

Also, later in the game, you will also be able to change part members with her help. The maximum amount of players in the party is 2. 2 In main party, and 2 in reserve.

Is there any bugs with this so far?
Problems with this system right now:
-Basicly, Ongria is starting on the spot where i placed the event. If you are in the middle of them map, she will basicly start in the beginning of the map. Im currently working on that.
-There's a chance that she will doom your party, especilly in puzzles. Right nhow, if you go into a corner, she will basicly cut your path, and you are trapped -_-

So, How are you going to solve these problems?
- I haven't solved the first problem yet, since Im still working on it. Suggestions are welcome.
- Basicly, Im planning to make a "Stay" command for her. If you feel that she will be in the way, you can actully tell her to stay. If you want her to move again, talk to her, and pick move.

These are the updates right now. More updates later.

Rep:
Level 89
Massive bump here!(And necropost)

Sorry for not posting here in awhile. I've been very busy lately, but now, Im going to start working on this again :smile:

Basicly, Im going to start to do some graphic edits, to make the game graphics more softer.

Here's some maps Im planning to have in the game:

More updates later on.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Great maps Black Shadow.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
GREAT MAPS

the sky city reminds me a great deal of chrono trigger

BY THE WAY... MARICA means: "Quire" in spanish lol

so funny when i read it.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I know MARICA means: "Quire" in spanish. Someone has already told me that on another site, but Im not planning to change the name.

Christmas is now over, and Im going to work on this again.
Im currently thinking on changing battle system. Im currently using the RTAB(Edited by Falcon), but Im planning to change it to TBS instead. Do you people think I should change it over to TBS, or should I stick with RTAB?

hehehe does alright you didn't have to, just put yourself in my position, spanish being my mother language.. it was funny.

Is it playable yet? a demo or something? i'd definitly give it a try..

Rep:
Level 89
No demo yet. Im currently having scripting issues, so no demo until they are solved. :-\

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Yeah, I know MARICA means: "Quire" in spanish. Someone has already told me that on another site, but Im not planning to change the name.

Christmas is now over, and Im going to work on this again.
Im currently thinking on changing battle system. Im currently using the RTAB(Edited by Falcon), but Im planning to change it to TBS instead. Do you people think I should change it over to TBS, or should I stick with RTAB?

I think you should go with whatever is best for you, and whichever seems to fit the style of the story/gameplay more.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

I know i was only kiddin'.. i thought i was funny that's all. I never ment for him to change it, just to make him laugh.

Okay you let me know when you have anything playable

Rep:
Level 89
Final Version of the title:
Spoiler for:

And another map from the game:
Spoiler for:

Making a slow progress here ._., since most of the problems is the scripting, but I have someone who's helping me with that.

Rep:
Level 97
Really nice title screen Black Shadow

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Lots of promise. Uh, not that it really matters but, you know how it says something along the lines of 'without the wind, the world will become a desert', a desert in what sense? Sand desert, or just a place without much rainfall...?

Rep:
Level 89
Basicly, a place that's been dryed to a sand desert, because it isn't raining.

Rep:
Level 89
A small update: I've done some progress :D

Im currently working on the version without the Ongrian system, so I have something to show up. I've also changed to a new menu system. Here's a screenshot of it:

The menu is made by Kendore, so credits goes to him.

Also, the game has a new Logo:

And it's not over yet! 2 new playable character has entered the game :)

Catty
An old friend of Marche, but are now enemies. Catty used to search for treasures and plunder with Marche. It is said that she was in love with Marche, but after a betrayal of Marche, they enemies. She is a thief just like Marche, but she's using knives as weapons, and her speed in battle is breathtaking.

Patty
Patty is a warrior, who lives in the town of Mist. One day, while takning a walk she saved Marica from a wild beast, and after that, she's been protecting her from danger. She uses the spear, and it is said that she once beat 20 bandits, without any help.

Im going to work more on their background later on.
And to end it all, a screenshot:

Rep:
Level 97
Interesting updates. The only thing I don't really like is the uneveness of the CMS, but all in all, it's very nice.

Rep:
Level 89
The only thing I don't really like is the uneveness of the CMS

Sorry if I sound really dumb here, but what do you mean with uneveness?

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
I think Alge is commenting on the fact that one side (the more in depth side) is longer than the other (where the play time and below are).

I like the skin though, nice colours and transparency rocks. : DD

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, the character select window is a few pixels wider than the play time window, and then there's all that empty space under the status window - I think it would look better if that part were centred. There's also the fact that the command window has more options that aren't shown - with all that empty space, the command window could just be drawn larger to accomodate for extra commands.

All in all though, the menu design is solid and what is actually drawn in the windows look very good - the gradients look fantastic. It's just the positioning and size of the windows that sits a little uneasy with me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:42:27 PM by Modern Algebra »