RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Transparency tutorial ** UPDATED **

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
This is a tutorial on how to make yourself go transparent and the tree (as an example, could be anything, really) "see-through". Useful for seeing where you are behind trees, walls, houses, you name it! Demo is at the bottom.I got the idea from Punk's arrow system, so now I made this. You'll need;
  • A bunch of events on the map

Okey dokey!

Make two events.

Event 1:

Code: [Select]
@> Change Actor Graphic: [Aluxes], 001-Fighter01, 0, 001-Fighter01, 0

Event 2:

Code: [Select]
@> Change Actor Graphic: [Aluxes], 109Invisible, 0, 001-Fighter01, 0

Place them as shown in pic 3 (attached). Event 1 = RED and Event 2 =BLUE
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:01:49 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it looks pretty good. I don't really see the necessity for the invisible graphic. It seems like it would look kind of funny. You should also post a screenshot of what it looks like.

Though one thing - I have no idea why you use a switch here. The event really only needs to be run once from each switch. It seems to me that this type of thing would be more suited to call common event than a parallel process.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
A demo for it might be useful.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
@ Levent: Sure, I completely forgot about a demo!
@Modern: As for the charset, it's to show where you are. You might as well use Punks arrow system but I thought I wanted another way. And I think it's better this way :P.

As for the switch, I just realized that you're completely right. The minus is though that cutscenes etc. will be harder to make if you do not want people to be visible behind stuff. But I will change it and upload another demo, then ppl can choose which they like best ;)

EDIT: DEMO uploaded. Look at first post.
EDIT: Now a screenie is also uploaded. Note: You will have to view the picture in its full size (by clicking on it) to see Aluxes...

ALSO! I am gonna start another transparent system and this time it makes the thing you're behind transparent so you can actually see yourself! Won't be long! I will post it in another topic, with a link to it from here! ;D

EDIT: OKAY! New DEMO uploaded and instructions are completely revised! Check 'em out!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:03:29 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!