RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Simple Mouse System

Rep:
Level 86
Simple Mouse System
Version 1.5
by Woratana
Release Date: 14/04/2008

Introduction
I scripted SMS because I'm working on other script that will be good if it has mouse function. And I'd like to share this to others after I got permission from Dervvulfman (this script require his script)

I don't have any knowledge about win32api, so I went to find XP mouse script and tried if they work on VX.
Finally, I found Dervvulfman's Mouse Input Module. It works great in VX without any edit.

This script required Mouse Input Module and Near Fantastica's Path Finding
It will allow player to click on menu, choose choice, move on map and talk to NPC by mouse.

It's also included feature to use image for cursor.

Features
- Support to use mouse in many scenes / windows
e.g. Battle Scene, Shop, Name Input Screen
- Click on map to move player using Path Finding
- Click on NPC when player is close to that NPC to talk.

Demo

Download Simple Mouse System Demo
Download vx_mouse.rar for demo.
or you can get the script in text file from there.

Thanks RRR for hosting this.  ^_^

Script
I think it's easier to download demo,
since I've edited some lines in Near Fantastica's Path Finding script. ;)

Screenshot

Instruction
This script is Plug 'N Play script,
so just put Dervvulfman's Mouse Input Module, Near Fantastica's Path Finding,
and Simple Mouse System in your game, and enjoy! :)

Plan for next version
- Cursor change when put on other event
- Better event trigger check by click mouse

Compatibility
No report for compatibility issue so far.. ;)

Author's Notes
Free for use in both commercial and non-commercial if credit included.

Credit
DerVVulfman
Near Fantastica
Freak Boy
lambchop
Shun
Cybersam
Astro_mech
Mr.Mo
Fuso
Modern Algebra
Zeriab
Patrick Lester

for the scripts that help me finished this,
Mouse Input Module,
Super Simple Mouse System,
Path Finding.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:06:26 PM by worale »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Ah, I think the link is a little broken :( SMF doesn't allow quotation marks around the link when using URL tags. Or double http://
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:39:11 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
It should work now. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Good good. I've been doing a little testing with it. I'll PM the results.

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks! MA  ;)

[NEXT VERSION :: NOTE]
- Using Modern Algebra's Path finding that is faster, and has better algorithm.
- Added setup part, you can add the scene that you don't want to use mouse, configure many things in script.
- You can now click on event, NPC, and player will automatically walk to that event and interact.
- You can put some tags in event's comment, e.g. '[mauto]' to run this event automatically after you click on it.

Rep:
Level 97
Nice, those are all some very nice features. I particularly like the fact that you can now interact with an event automatically just by clicking on them, as opposed to having to walk up to them directly. Also, is my algorithm faster? I didn't notice Near's generating any lag, but my computer is (very slightly) faster than average.

Anyway, everything looks very cool. And I'm happy that you decided to use my Path Finding script. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. So thanks :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
This script has great potential as I see it.
Awesome...!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
with a few more added features it could be on its way to the big scripts
think about the little things that this script could make possible
and add them in
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Sounds nice, but the link is broken :police:
Why not just attach it? Attachments don't break up at least...
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Very, very nice. Do you think you could make a version where the mouse only activates when you use a menu, or have to select choices? I don't really like the pathing system.

Rep:
Level 86
The next version, you can set what scene you don't want to use it. :)

So just put Scene_Map in there, and mouse will not show/usable in map.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
"I'm SUPER Franky!!" ...wtf?
I don't like the cursor. How do I change it

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
The link just takes me to the RRR homepage, where do I go to download the demo?

Rep:
Level 86
Hi, sorry that I leaved for so long.

I found this demo leaved on my desktop. I think it is the newest version that you can click on NPC to interact~^^

http://www.mediafire.com/?l4nzlj5nokj

Enjoy,
Wora

Rep:
Level 86
nice script, love it, only problem is it lags on my laptop like HELL, i get 2fps at best when i have my project running it, but then again my laptop is a bit... well... terrible, but everything works very well, you should make it so that you can disable it through the in-game menu, and therefore people running slower computers can still use it... oh well, still, brill script!

Works Great :P Thanks for this great script

If you walk past a touch event it totally avoids it. Can this be fixed?

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
sorry in advance for this thread necro but i cnt download the demo can it be hosted somere else like megaupload

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
You could always just grab it from his Christmas Giftbox.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
i think the links broken... :(
Currently Working On: Quest For Freedom

World Map          [*/////////]
Towns/Cities       [*/////////]
Other Parts         [*/////////]
Npc's                  [*/////////]
Player Characters [***///////]

Demo                 [**////////]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Scholar
I know I'm digging up a really old post, but I only recently tried this script.
I like it a lot!

I have some questions though:
As mentioned before, is there any way to make it so you don't by pass touch events?
Is there any way to combine this with dashing?
Here I am! Now what were your other two wishes?