RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tilesets for VX with XP looks v2.0 (UPDATED)

Rep:
Level 88
That's me in my bee outfit, do I look handsome?
Im grateful for this site, besides it was my first forum, when i started using RMXP this used to be my main, i remember the old times when banisher of eden used to be the clown of this forum and when Tina was still an active member.

here i leave the second version of my XP set for VX now with a lot of new stuff

I completed the customization of tiles for VX now youre gonna be able to use your xp chacacters at VX.

Because VX has a limited number of tiles this ire from my point of view the most important. tiles so u can map. I edited autotiles so they work in VX.

How it works:
Simply put these files into your project "System" folder and replace the older ones. then put this script over main to remove autoshadows. The shadows will be shown in map editor but not in the game

Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
#Credits for Abt Plouton
class Game_Map
  attr_writer :autoshadows
  def autoshadows
    # Set autoshadows to false if it is not yet defined
    @autoshadows = @autoshadows == nil ? false : @autoshadows
    return @autoshadows
  end
  alias ma_remove_auto_shadows_on_setup setup
  def setup (map_id)
    ma_remove_auto_shadows_on_setup (map_id)
    # Rather than repeatedly call a method, set a local variable to have it's data
    ma_data = data
    return if autoshadows
    # For all squares on the map
    for x in 0...ma_data.xsize
      for y in 0...ma_data.ysize
        # If there is an autoshadow on this tile
        if ma_data[x,y,1] == 0
          # Delete auto Shadow
          ma_data[x,y,1] = ma_data[x,y,0]
          ma_data[x,y,0] = 0
        end
      end
    end
  end
end

and enjoy

The doors:
Put the doors in "characters" folder and replace existing one. This will make the doors work for the automatic door maker.

Spoiler for:

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Collection of XP Characters  for VX

http://rapidshare.com/files/102658216/Results.zip.html

V 1.2
-Trees Fixed
-Waterfall Fixed
-New stuff for armory

V 1.3
-Autotiles for dungeons
-more tiles
-Script to remove autoshadows by ABT plouton

V 2.0
-Shadows in the flowers fixed
-Autotiles for caves and mines
-Autotiles for mountains in sands and grassy areas
-Autotiles for stairs in dungeons
-Completed Floor Tiles
-Makeup floor tiles in TileB (to hide autotile errors in mountains and 2nd levels of caves)
-More Stuff for decoration
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:27:09 AM by royalbuzz »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks very nice. I am glad somebody got around to converting XP tilesets to VX format.

+rep

and Move to the Database

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you so much :)

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
The character sheets you converted are too small.  In order to work right, they need to be 384 x 384, otherwise, you can only take a small part of the character as the graphic.

EDIT:  Nevermind, just found out about the $ trick.  My bad.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:01:05 PM by ceegamus »
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 88
Hehehe sorry i wasnt around im glad you found out how to use :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Sorry, I'm probably just missing something, but I'm confused. I'm pretty new to VX so I might just be missing something obvious.

You said put "these files" in the project "system" folder. What files are you talking about? the only files you have available to download are the characters, and which system folder? The system folder (under graphics?) within my project doesn't have any previous files for me to "replace the old ones".

And even once they're in the right folder, what does that change in the game?

Also, you said "put script over main", I'm not sure what "main" is.

Again, sorry if I missed something obvious or if I just don't understand, but I don't even know where to begin with changing the tilesets.

Thanks for you time.

Rep:
Level 86
You said put "these files" in the project "system" folder. What files are you talking about? the only files you have available to download are the characters, and which system folder? The system folder (under graphics?) within my project doesn't have any previous files for me to "replace the old ones"

By these files, he's referring to the second spoiler he has, the one with all the tiles.  There are 9 files in all to be saved from it: TileA1, TileA2, TileA3, TileA4, TileA5, TileB, TileC, TileD, and TileE.  They are all initially named as those with a -# after them, so make sure you rename them.  Then just import the files by hitting F10 to open your resource manager, click the folder that says Graphics/System, and import away.

And even once they're in the right folder, what does that change in the game

Basically, it'll change all the VX defalt graphics in XP ones, as you a replace the VX RTP files for the XP ones.

Also, you said "put script over main", I'm not sure what "main" is.

If you hit F11, you'll bring up the script editor.  Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see this:
Spoiler for:
Just right click on (insert here), choose Insert, and enter a name for it so you'll know what it does.  Then copy and paste the script from here into the new script you just inserted, and volia, you should be done.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Thanks so much that clears up a lot. But is TileE the only available space I can use if I don't want to lose the VX tilesets? If so, does that mean I can only use one of Busbuzz's tilesets or is there a way to have all of them in the game along with VX's default tilesets.

Also, what's the $ trick? Because the characters definitely seem too big to me.

Thanks again  :D

Rep:
Level 88
No, there is no way, if u wanna keep VX u can only use tile E, I also did a HK tileset, which is far more limited since space is limited and HK needs more space, all the stuff is bigger, meaning that HK must be parallax based, theres no other way to map for HK in VX. the tile E for that tileset i made it Shadows. so i used Atile walls with Etile Shadowings, also since i used parallaxes you can use shadows from the tiles to make it look real, as shadows can be above with transparency

Rep:
Level 85
No, there is no way, if u wanna keep VX u can only use tile E, I also did a HK tileset, which is far more limited since space is limited and HK needs more space, all the stuff is bigger, meaning that HK must be parallax based, theres no other way to map for HK in VX. the tile E for that tileset i made it Shadows. so i used Atile walls with Etile Shadowings, also since i used parallaxes you can use shadows from the tiles to make it look real, as shadows can be above with transparency

wow you are good keep it up! good tutorial!!! way to go!!!!
"If you build it, they will play it"

Rep:
Level 85
Actually the charactersets sheet has to be 384 x 256 for rpg maker vx! I looked in the program its self. rpg maker 2000 and 2003 and xp uses different size sheets.
"If you build it, they will play it"

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
You can use those characters by renaming them and adding a $ to the front of the name.

In other words, replace "CharacterName" with "$CharacterName".

The default sheet is 384 x 256, but a sheet of XP sized characters would be 384 x 384.  However, you can use these by doing the above, because it recognizes the sheet as one character and divides the width by three and height by four to find one frame.
This is a signature.