RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Battle Backgrounds

Rep:
Level 88
Script Name: Battle Backgrounds
Written by: Synthesize
Current version: Version 1.00A
Release Date: January 20, 2008

What is this script?
This simple script allows you to have a battle background instead of the abstract background which is the default for RPG Maker VX. Simply define the Background filename in the customization section, along with your Map_ID.

Features:
 - Simple
 - Easy to use
 - Turn ON/OFF the battlefloor
 - Once RMVX is released, I will interpret more features

Version History:
 V1.00
    - Script is released

Script:
Code: [Select]

#===============================================================================
# Battle Backgrounds - RMVX
#===============================================================================
# Written by Synthesize
# January 20, 2008
# Version 1.00A
#                       * This script is untested. *
module SynBattleB
  # Place your battle backgrounds in the 'Pictures' folder (Graphics/Pictures)
  # Format = {map_id => Battleback Name}
  Battle_background =
  {
  1 => "001-Grassland01",
  2 => "001-Grassland01"
  }
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Create the battlefloor?
  Create_battlefloor = false
  # This was being requested on quite a fe forums now, so I threw a quick script
  # together. It is nice and simple, and does what it is suppsoed to do. Once
  # RMVX is released in English, then I will add additional features into this.
end
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Spriteset_Battle
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class Spriteset_Battle
  alias syn_create_battlefloor create_battlefloor
  # Create Battleback
  def create_battleback
    image = SynBattleB::Battle_background[$game_map.map_id]
    @battleback_sprite = Sprite.new(@viewport1)
    @battleback_sprite.bitmap = Cache.picture(image)
  end
  def create_battlefloor
    @battlefloor_sprite = Sprite.new(@viewport1)
    syn_create_battlefloor if SynBattleB::Create_battlefloor == true
  end
end
#                        * This script is untested *
# Version 1.00A
# January 20, 2008
# Written by Synthesize
# Battle Backgrounds - RMVX

Questions? Concerns? Post them.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks good. You're way ahead of the game, aren't you?  :D

Nice work.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
They don't even have this in VX 0.o?

God, without you VX would really suck.

Rep:
Level 88
They don't even have this in VX 0.o?

God, without you VX would really suck.

VX draws the Map background, blurs it, stretches it out, then loops an abstract effect over it.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
Dude...
You don't even need to have this to make it to where you can see the background in a fight :D
I'll show anyone how! :D
Thanks,
-Raiden :D

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
http://www.majorrpg.com
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:
Name: Silent Hill - Time Lapse
Percent done: 2%
Genre: Horror

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
What's the "battlefloor"? ???
That's good to know.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
I use KCG_DayNight scrip and some of my maps have [DN_VOID] in it to turn off the scrip. Because of this the background scrip gets confused when I put in the map name. Here is an example.

Inn Basement Level 1[DN_VOID] => "gallery_67409_516_25151",

Can you fix this please?

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
I use KCG_DayNight scrip and some of my maps have [DN_VOID] in it to turn off the scrip. Because of this the background scrip gets confused when I put in the map name. Here is an example.

Inn Basement Level 1[DN_VOID] => "gallery_67409_516_25151",

Can you fix this please?

Map ID and Map name are not the same thing ^^

Simply define the Background filename in the customization section, along with your Map_ID.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:58:19 PM by Mitsarugi »