RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Eyes of Nature (Need help on few things)

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
It's been awhile ever since I post any of my artwork. Thanks to my busy life, I'm not really enjoying my drawings. ;_;;
But no worries, the artists around here inspired and motivated me to improve my artwork. Once again, I hit the colorful world.
Please give me what you think about my artwork this time. :D

What eyes can see...

Misunderstanding.... Fixed the color, how's it now?

These two pictures will be my entry at 100 themes art challenge under the themes of Eyes and Misunderstanding.

Just done this the other day. This is a pic for my fantasy comic.

I bet you can't find the comic everywhere, cause I'm still working on it XP
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:53:16 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Those are both great, thumbs up to you.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Great work, Emi!  My only complaint is that in the second pic, it's hard to see what's going on in the room.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Oh..thank you!

Yeah...it's hard to see what's happening there, that's why she's misunderstanding...hehe.
The original size is bigger and clearer, I'll upload the big size at the 100 themes thread. Later, coz I still need to finish my work. :P

BTW, I think the direction where the flowers fall is kinda weird, did anyone noticed that?
Nevermind, I think they're better the way it is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:59:50 AM by emidy »

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Well, it's possible for the flowers to fall that way.  But if she just dropped them then yeah it should have fallen the other way.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
She's unconciously dropped them. I've tried that and...so many possibilities I guess.
This is the original size of the pic, tell me what you think please.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
I like it a lot more now that it's easier to see what's happening.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Brilliant Emidy, and you thought I was only joking when made a comment on you profile. :tpg:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Wow!  You're good!  I love them both...  <3

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Brilliant Emidy, and you thought I was only joking when made a comment on you profile. :tpg:
Well…I rarely post my artwork so….I’m surprised you can found one.
Glad that all of you like them.

I won’t be able to post any of my artwork for a while.
Thanks for your comments, guys. =D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:03:58 AM by emidy »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Excellent work, emidy.
Can't say no more ^_^
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
It's awesome

I Lol'ed when I saw red hair.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
CUTE~! XD

The hair's great. You should post some tuts of how to make it so natural like that.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
It's awesome

I Lol'ed when I saw red hair.
You made me giggle.

Natural hair...muzukashikunai yo, jappy-chan.
The key is on 'burn' tool and 'dogde' tool. For the lines on hair, please keep in mind that the size of the 'burn' and 'dodge' tools must be small. As for the shading, use the burn tool to darken em. Last, the lighting. You need to imagine where the lights came from and...made em shiny.

Some little tips : I suggest you not to draw lines (Black lines when drawing sketch) on hair.
Make them blank, draw the lines on next layer!
That's all I can tell you for now. I'm not really good at teaching but perhaps someday I will post a simple thread of how to color hair and lighting.

Oh and... actually, I think you have a great potential jappy. When I'm at your age, I can't even do any coloring! Lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:49:58 AM by emidy »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Good job, emidy, these are neat!

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Thanks!

I've added a new picture, please see the first post.
I will put the pic for the challenge, but I still don't know what's the theme. Will someone be kindly enough to me and suggest me a good theme? I've think of a good theme. =)
Also, since I just start working on the comic, I'm confused with little thing.
See the guy on the left? I still don't know whether to change his eyes and clothes color to blue or not.

This how it looks like if they're blue

Which one do you think better? Thanks.

I’ll be very grateful if anyone can gives me some construction advices.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:52:08 AM by emidy »

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Cool.  Changing his eyes and clothes to blue would make him contrast more with the man with yellow eyes, so I think it's a good idea.  In fact, try giving him really dark purple eyes and see how that goes.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Dark purple? I see, that's a good idea. Thanks, Al!
How bout his cloth? should I change it to purple too?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Try white.  If that doesn't work then either leave it black or dark purple.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, I'll see what's the best. Thank you so much for the tips! =D

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
You're welcome. =)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I agree with garygill on the coloration
but I'd like to point out how it looks like the yellow eye'd man's chin runs into his neck with no separation at all

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Oh..I see. I'll try to fix that, thanks for telling me, 1namkcorI! =)

<EDIT> How's this?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:39:02 AM by emidy »

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I'll have to try out using burn and dodge tools, I've always just smeared colors around by painting them in and smudging a lot. :lol:

Monochrome is a neat technique, it works well in the third pic you've posted here, but unfortunately it's also a victim of one of the tricky aspects of maintaining a single color scheme - and that is that everything in the pic seems to meld together and it's not immediately apparent where one figure/object ends and the next begins.  I think it could be improved with either a heavy outline for the two full-body figured in the center or a subtle dropshadow for them.

One thing I really like about the third pic is the shiny stuff on the blue vest! :lol:  Haha, my eyes are drawn to weird things, I know.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Yes, I understand what you mean. The reason why I didn't bold their lines or dropshadowed them, is because I'm planning to washout the two men behind. Added black phoenix on the left and white phoenix on right for the background. I made them clear so I can hear your opinions if I had overlooked anything.
That's my original intention for my comic's cover. =)
I'm still workin on it but I need some time coz I have other things to do in real life.

I use smudge tool too, for shading, yes. But I don't use it for everything coz I have to make the original pic as huge as I can then resize it or the pic will be blur... Coloring a huge pic will only lowering my computer memory, it's slow.
So I use brush and eraser almost for everything.

...and yes yossy, we have a same taste! I'm attached to weird things as well. =D