RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dwarras Mapping Tutorials for RPGXP : Cave Interiors

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Well sorry its been a long time folkes, but i have decided to make my cave tutorial. If you dont understand layers, check my first tutorial in the database ^_^

[Step 1 : Making your map]

Okay, to start off with make a map 45x35 called "Cave" (How Original ^_^) and select the earth cave tileset.

[Step 2 : The Floor]

Right, the first thing we have to do is make a floor to walk on, this is pretty simple. Select the basic floor/mud floor tile and fill the whole map on the first layer.

Like so;

The next step is to be able to use wall tiles effectively, and to make it seem like a real cave interior. To do this it needs to be irregular, and messy rather than straight which i see alot in peoples maps  :|

So for this tutorial i am going to make a thin kind of entrance, which will eventually lead to a room with the puzzle. Okay, firstly to make an entrance, this is not as easy as filling the floor so watch carefully ^_^

These are the most important tiles on the set, as these will make all the walls. Right, so first we need to actually make an entrance, so using those tiles, make your map look like this. This is the simple part, as it makes the entrance. This should be done on the second layer.

Now you have an entrance. Before we continue, quickly use the light entrance tiles to make your map look like so, then we're ready to start making the interior, w000t!

Okay guys, now we make the wall go around the map so we have a tunnel, leading into a room. Ill show step by step screenies, i hope im not going too fast for you. We shall start with the western wall (thats the one on the left ^_^. This should all be done on the second layer

After this, add in the corner tiles...

to fill in the gaps and make your map look like this...

And now to do the eastern wall, again follow the screenshots carefully.

Right, use the corner tiles and fill in the gaps again ^_^ and make it look like so;

Okay, our next step is to add walls to those roof/wall tiles we just placed. This is quite easy, we will be making use of these tiles now;

First do the angled cornerd ones, again this is easy. We'll do the western walls first, just select both tiles and make your map look like this, you shouldnt have any problems.

Next use the middle ones and finish off the western wall like so;

Okay people this map is really coming on! Quickly finish off the eastern walls now and make it look like so;

[The hard bit for you  :twisted:]

Right, using the tiles you have just used, this bit requires some manual work from YOU!!!

Using your new found skill, i want you to make your map look like this;

This shouldnt take you too long, when your done select the all black tile inbetween the cave tops and fill the outside of your map, thus making it look like so;

IF you have succeeded upto now, well done look at that gorgeous cave you have just made, the next step is to add some detail, and a treasure chest for all your hard efforts  :P

We shall be using the detail tiles, just start slowly by filling the cave floor with stuff, starting with the entrance, and gradually moving up like so using the 3rd layer now;

RIGHT! Now click on the event layer and take a look at your gorgeous detailed new cave!

You can do anything now, make entrances further into the caves, put hidden treasure ANYTHING!

Final Tips

If you want water, PUT IT ON LAYER 1 or LAYER 2, never 3 as you cant detail it..

Urm ill add more when im not so tired :P

Hope this helps,

DWARRA!

8)

TUTORIAL DATABASE PLEASE!

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Nice! Very nice! 10/10. Although I already know how to make good caves. LOL
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BEST TUT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO DOUBT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        
REALLY REALLY NICE!!!!!!!CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!
10000000/10, definetly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
awesome stuff dwarra! 10/10
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
*BUMP*

IT TOOK ME AGES TO WRITE THIS!
COMMENTS PLEASE!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Lol, good!
That was the objective, thanks!  :wink:

Id like to take this oppurtunity to thank Sephiroth666 and Gongo for there excellent help in making me the mapper i am today thanks guys!

Rep:
Level 91
nice tut i do maps a differnt way but, still your geting better and better ever day. :D

Rep:
Level 91
a very good tut as always, you forgot inside-cave cliffs and such, kinda disappointing..

well , i'll be waiting for your city tut  :^^:
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
great 10/10 can't wait till city tut too.  now i can make a cave that isn't square lol. 8)

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Great! Now I can make my ice cave!

Rep:
Level 91
Good job. This is definatly more helpful than your first one. I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: Inaru
Good job. This is definatly more helpful than your first one. I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Thanks!
For all your comments, its apprecitated!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Another CORKEr of a turorial by Dwarra cant wait for ya city 1 !

Current Project: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Nice tut 8/10 (*for repetitive and symetrical/random placement of objects*)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 90
Great work Dwarra, 10/10 hands down. It's just another one of your things to make people like me jealous, huh.

Rep:
Level 90
draco welcome to the board i just noticed that you where here. usulally i like to great everyone who comes in so hi.   :D

hope you saty awhile.  

sorry darrwa for posting this here but i am sure you won't mind too much.  plus while i am at it.  i think you should make a tut for islands too. :D

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: graywolf
draco welcome to the board i just noticed that you where here. usulally i like to great everyone who comes in so hi.   :D

hope you saty awhile.  

sorry darrwa for posting this here but i am sure you won't mind too much.  plus while i am at it.  i think you should make a tut for islands too. :D

Islands okay, ill do that next  :D

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Can you do a city tutorial? I need to learn how to map cities.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
yeah, make cities first dwarra!!!!
they

Rep:
Level 90
Thanx Graywolf, I do plan on staying awhile. Actually, this is my first forum I ever actually stayed to post, and come back again. Oh and Dwarra, can't wait for you island mapping tutorial. I saw one of you islands and some other dude complained on you having too many boats...
I'm talking too much, gonna shut up now. :?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I must say, that you've made a nice tutorial there.
Thanks for fixing the problem

edit: removed the error listed, as it has been fixed

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Problem solved  :wink:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
ACTUALLY, I just cleaned out the 7 posts of spam/not needed posts.  :roll:

Do not reply to this unless it is relevant to the main topic please.

EDIT: Now it looks like I was the one to revive this topic...  :?
:tinysmile:

pokeball HeZOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 89
:shock:  :shock: dwarra u rule! amasing mapping skills :O i checked out this and ur interior tut, helped me loads! thanks man!

10/10 EASY!

Rep:
Level 89
The Knight Sabers Shall hunt thine adversaries.
this tutorial is both for newbies and veterans who can't seem to get mapping. very good. waiting for city tut...