RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Clericus - New screenshots showing updated features! LOOK AT THEM, DAMMIT

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Peridan: A kingdom untouched by the cruel hands of war or disease. A peaceful nation surrounded on all sides by the Great Sea of Caneria.
Where the most auspicious citizens may claim the title of Clericus.
In recent years, such citizens are seldom found, and the few who remain are but elderly scribes on the brink of death.
Before his death, one such scribe took up an apprentice, a young man named Clark.
Clark earned the title as Peridan was consumed by civil unrest. In such times, as the law states, those called Clericus become agents of the king. They become informants, strategists, negotiators, and sometime knights in the service of Peridan.
A country whose peaceful existence is soon to be compromised.
Rintrah, a neighbouring kingdom and long-time ally of Peridan, has withdrawn from the Canerian Confederacy for reasons unknown, and a man by the name of Kane seems to have gained control of the Rintrah Army, the most powerful military force in the world.
Fearing that war may be imminent, the king summons all with the title of Clericus who are able, instructing them to seek out the sage, a man said to be able to read the intentions of any other being.
When Clark and his friend Kyle, a squire, are the only party confirmed to be answering the call, the king appoints to their service a precocious young mage, Gavin.
The three of them set out to find the sage, only to find that he is missing, and in his place, there is a message from Rintrah...

Spoiler for 'cover' and rating:

Rated M for animated blood, animated violence, disturbing thematic material, and brief sexual material.
I know a lot of people have rated their games M, and a couple of them are actually "mature," but this is an actual forewarning that after the first chapter, things are going to get immensely dark. 

(those appearing in the demo)
Spoiler for:

Clark
Race: Human

The protagonist. More of a scholar than a fighter, and hardly a hero, the uncertainty of the era is effectively his call to action. He firmly believes in chivalry and the practice of courtly love, but has spent a large portion of his nineteen years alone—though exceptionally intelligent, he is utterly confused by the nuances of social interaction.
After witnessing the death of his father at age thirteen, he was left to care for his then nine-year-old sister, and for a period time she was his only company. He befriended an elderly scribe named Robert, who became his mentor. Upon Robert’s death he steeped further into his own introversion, preferring books to human company.

Kyle

Clark’s best and essentially only friend. He is somewhat of a foil to Clark; his courage and adventurous spirit outweigh his desire to learn. In contrast to Clark, several girls vie for Kyle’s affection, despite his best efforts to advertise Clark as the attractive one.
He is motivated by a compulsive desire to be viewed as a hero, possibly stemming from the fact that his family consistently seemed disappointed in him.

Gavin

Race: Elf

A talented, if not naïve, practitioner of magic, Gavin’s parents were once the king’s most loyal subjects. Showing a formidable grasp of magic from an early age, his parents, with the approval of the king, enlisted him in a rigourous training program supervised by the widely revered mage Alistair. He remains a subject of the king and will do most anything to continue his parents’ legacy.

Sarah
Clark's sister. His only known living relative and a central figure in his life, she has become a symbol of hope which drives Clark to persevere. She is known for her kind nature and her often coinciding maturity and childlike candour.

Kirsten
Race: Half-Elf

A friend of Clark’s sister. (Bio pending)

Clemens

He leads a regiment which becomes the first wave of troops to engage in battle with Rintrah. (Bio pending)

Branduf

A thief who struggles to keep his face hidden from the parties he often fails to rob. He is known for his use of monsters in his schemes.   

Lileas

A girl with a love of treasure and knowledge of all of Peridan’s important figures. (Bio pending)

Ballard

Race: Centaur

The most highly honoured knight in the king’s court. (Bio pending)

Kane
Race: ?

Little is known thus far. His identity is uncovered over the first half of the game.

Spoiler for:

A vast area to explore.

The iconic title image.

Battles so fast and intense, it's nearly impossible to take a screenshot which properly showcases them!

A lot can be inferred about a person by looking at their bedroom.

A number of engaging sidequests.

Clark will occasionally zone out, prompting comments from other party members.

A variety of religions are practiced in the world of 'Clericus'. Some are good, some are kinda scary.

Highly atmospheric, both visually and audibly.

Spoiler for:
-Interact with nearly everything--bookshelves, barrels, crates, dressers, wardrobes, jars, even pianos!
-A unique story that unfolds over time.
-Drink alcohol, play cards, have your fortune told--many towns have entertainment centers with several entertainment possibilities.
-A diverse cast of psychologically complex characters.
-The ability to change clothes for certain occasions.
-A character promotion system.
-A large amount of completely original music and graphics.
-Lighting effects and fogs which greatly enhance the game's visual quality.
-The ability to actually conduct conversations with certain townspeople.
-'Cinematic' cutscenes.
-Real-time front-view battles courtesy of a special edit of Cogwheel's popular script

Spoiler for:
Game Creator(s)

Dertt - Concept, Producer, Writer, Mapper, Eventer
[Your Name Here] - Assistant Writer/Mapper/Secondary Eventer (Event help)

Scripts

Ccoa - Universal Messaging System
Leon_Westbrooke - Party Changer
MogHunter - Custom Menu System "Mog Menu"
rataime - Mirrors/Reflections
Cogwheel - Real Time Action Battle System

Event Systems

Modern Algebra - BlackJack

Visual Resources

LandOfShadows - Character sets

Features music by
Dertt/Ross Clark/[ RED ] Vengeance [Screen name, real name, and 'band' name, respectively]
Porcupine Tree
Blackfield
Pain of Salvation
Ghost
The Hollywood Session Orchestra
And more!

Patience. It will come soon enough.

Spoiler for Music:
"Synfidelity" - Dertt/Ross Clark (title screen)
MIDI file of continuous noise (?) - ?
"Yori" - Dertt/Ross Clark
"Hedgehog's Dilemma," from Neon Genesis Evangelion OST1
"The Secular Sect" - Dertt/Ross Clark

Spoiler for Music:
"Synfidelity" - Dertt/Ross Clark (Title screen)
"Buying New Soul" - Porcupine Tree
All music by me is free to use in your own projects, by the way, as long as it's credited to me.

Support my game plz.

Seem interesting to anyone?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:19:24 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It sounds interesting. I like the storyline.

Maps could be better I think. The indoor maps seem a bit empty, and the use of posts is kind of weird. Normally, posts only exist where the wall ends, not every three tiles. The shop, for instance, looks particularly bare, and the library seems like it is also set up in a weird way. Also, in the cave, the walls are a little too square in my opinion. I also dislike the hue changes on the battlers, as it gives your character strange skin colours. It might be worth it to invest the time to edit those battlers for better skin color. All that aside, I like the idea behind the game and I hope to see good things from this project. Good luck.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
It sounds interesting. I like the storyline.

Maps could be better I think. The indoor maps seem a bit empty, and the use of posts is kind of weird. Normally, posts only exist where the wall ends, not every three tiles. The shop, for instance, looks particularly bare, and the library seems like it is also set up in a weird way. Also, in the cave, the walls are a little too square in my opinion. I also dislike the hue changes on the battlers, as it gives your character strange skin colours. It might be worth it to invest the time to edit those battlers for better skin color. All that aside, I like the idea behind the game and I hope to see good things from this project. Good luck.

Yeah. I just went immediately into this project when I first acquired RMXP, and I didn't have much of a grasp on anything for quite some time. Then, somewhere along the line, I made some dumb decision to allow the outside walls of buildings be seen when one was in a building... then, for more reasons unknown to me, I just put each little section of wall next to the other, thus explaining the posts. I'm re-mapping a large percent of the locations in the demo.
I'm also going to fix the skintones.

It's cool that some aspect of it interested you, at least.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Your maps are empty.

But overall, the story sounds intriguing.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

I'm improving a lot of the maps for the demo release. I've gotten somewhat better at making them... except inside maps  :(

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
New screenshots, showing some new features.

Spoiler for:

This couple's taste in art is way ahead of its time.

More to come. Demo will probably be posted Saturday night at the latest.

[edited for typo]

Is it just me, or is there crazy lack of support for this/interested parties?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:44:32 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Sorry lol.

Still i like this so far, and the new screenshots are amazing.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
lol arseface :lol:
Good Luck with the game.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Sorry lol.

Still i like this so far, and the new screenshots are amazing.

Amazing? lol Thanks.

And yeah, after you choose that it stays like this for the rest of the game:

Please Sign In

ARSEFACE       

This demo will be LARGE, by the way, with over two hours of gameplay adding up to what is essentially the first chapter of the game [out of ten].
Five towns, several major characters, and hundreds of people to talk to, items to find, areas to explore, and scattered weird little interactive bits and objects.
Plus a comprehensive look into the political relations between Canerian countries.

Hmmm... still lacking interest in comparison to other titles here. Can anyone suggest a gimmick? lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:03:08 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I don't know what I'm going to use this for.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:19:25 AM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
It looks like something you would use either in chapters (Example: Chapter 1) or for like starting the journey or after a serious boss fight.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I think I'll make a few pictures of every actor for when I do my psychoanalytic cutscenes. (think the later episodes of Evangelion)

...wow, all this work for something only four people have paid any attention to... :-\
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:29:55 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Okay, so the demo is to be uploaded in just a couple of hours. BE EXCITED.
OR DIE.
Spoiler for:
double posts make you cool

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I'll make sure to get the Demo, it better be worth my excitement or die!!!  ;8

Remember Ruzu is watching ^^

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Alright, it's been uploaded. It's probably really buggy, just as a forewarning. Also, I apologise for the size of the file--I have several mp3s of 192+kbps, two of which are over ten minutes in length. The final size of the game is only going to come in around 130 mb, so don't fsck out about that just yet.
Now please, play, comment, report bugs, have fun and whatnot.
I'M LOOKING AT YOU. *moves arm around as if he's pointing at every member of a large crowd*.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:58:53 PM by Dertt »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
* Nouman moves to main section.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well, downloaded the Demo the story flow in the beginning is nice. But your first mapping still needs to be filled a bit add some different dirt and flowers/plants etc. It'll help with that, also check the fog system for after he trys to go past the first movable(where we control clark) area. Got a certain fog is needed. But still it's pretty good :D

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
flowers/plants etc. It'll help with that, also check the fog system for after he trys to go past the first movable(where we control clark) area. Got a certain fog is needed.

What do you mean by that? And how far along are you?

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
You get an error saying it can't bring up a certain fog system, also i was at the beginning as soon as you control clark  in the first forest. Right after all the maps and talking or more specific, right when you take control of clark and go all the way to the top.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Alright, you should be able to play it now.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Before i start downloading again, is it still the same size or were you able to shrink it down?

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
It's the same size. Sorry.  ;9

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Sorry for forgetting to download this, as soon as i get on my XP computer.

--Edit--

Well, theres a error on the map with Kyle, as soon as you try to leave it "Grass" something is missing.

Not to offend you in anyway, but have you test played your game to check for errors?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 02:11:20 AM by Ruzu »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Grass?
wtf
Could you tell me exactly what it says?

I've test played it every time I've made a minute change.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 02:35:28 AM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Lol, i would but err i already deleted it.

I'm guessing its a fog kind of thing, its just like the last error.

I would download again but i have bigger game file saved on my computer at the moment.