RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Fantasy

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Dragon Fantasy

Story:
Many years ago a great entity of sin emerged from the darkest depths of the world and tried to cover eveyone and everything in perpetual darkness. Darkness covered the land, causing the seas to rage, the forests to wither and the earth to decay. However, as from where the darkness was born there also came light: Born from the planet it's self came four great crystals of light. This light shone through the darkness and caused the entity of sin to return to the nothingness whence it came. The crystals bore themselves back into the depths of the earth and then began to sleep, protecting all from the darkness of the world. After the darkness had receeded, the light slowly began to return to the world. The people regained hope and begin to rebuild what they had lost.

Now, many years after this incident, the story of the great darkness and the light in which broke it's grasp upon the world has been handed down to the newer generation. As the crystal slowly began to re-awaken, a child was born within the village of Yur. This child bore the sign of a saint and was a token of light for the villagers. Now, in order to test his heart, courage and strength he has been guided into the Crystal Caverns in order to receive the crystal's blessing.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is to be sort of reminicent to old, NES-type RPGs (Dragon Quest/Warrior 2,3 and 4 and Final Fantasy). It has a standard turn-based battle system in which both you and your party exchange blows with the enemy. It uses RPG maker 2000's default battle system and it is front-view. There is indeed no fancy battle animations, and there are only small battle backgrounds in which I think seem to fit more than a black screen.

Maps:
The mapping is supposed to be reminicent to that of NES-type RPG's such as Final fantasy 1-3 and Dragon Quest/Warrior. Nothing is too detailed, nor is it too simplistic. If your looking for the best mapping around, don't come here.

Characters:

Hero (in whom you get to name and pick a gender for.)
Starting Level:1
Max Level: 50
Able to equip: Swords, Shields, Gloves, some Axes, Clubs, Armor, Helmets, Shields, Relics.
Best At: Attacking, Casting some magic.
Bio: Child of legend in whom bears great light within himself. He/she is destined to rid the world of the oncomming darkness and restore light once again to the slowly fading world.

Lifa
Starting Level: 5-6
Able to Equip: Gloves, Daggers, Rods, Armor, Helmets, Relics, Shields.
Best At: Attacking with Magic.
Bio: Daughter of King Yurudos, she is the heir to the throne in whom was captured by the great Vlad.

Sando
Starting Level: 3
Able to Equip: Everything but Rods and Daggers.
Best At: Pure physical attacks.
Bio: One of the Kings men who were sent out to retrive Aika from Vlad. However, the monsters in the Eastern Cave proved to be too strong for him to handle until the Hero came along.

Yoor
Starting Level: 6
Able to Equip: Rods, Daggers, Clubs, Gloves, Armor, Shields, Relics, Helmets.
Best At: Healing.
Bio: Comes from the North-West island of Borez. The island was taken over by Lord Giru and his men so he fled to the Castle Of Yur seeking help.

List of updates since this demo was made:
-Edited some weapon and armor prices.
-Edited item drops by enemies.
-Edited some spell names/things regarding spells.
-Edited some items and edited some weapon effects and stats.
-Edited character stats.
-Edited enemy Gil drop rate.
-Edited the ammount of EXP enemies give you.
-Edited dialogue in almost all sections of the game.
-Added more maps and story events.

Screenshots

A scene within a cavern.

First major town in which rests on the southern continent: Ziazu.

An enemy encounter.

New title. All thanks go to Macubex for making it for me =)

Demo Link:
http://files.filefront.com/Fantasy+Dragonzip/;8963099;/fileinfo.html

Thank you. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 07:48:23 PM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I was sure I had played this and commented in it before. I know I played it. Anyway, this is an excellent game, very reminiscent of NES and actually a lot of fun. I recommend it highly.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
And indeed you did play it. Still, I re-posted to let some of the newer people come upon it.

Anyway, the dialouge is not as skimpy as it once was. Well, it's still not talking-heavy like most games, but there is a nice bit more talking in there than there was last time.

New Screenshot: World Map

Ha ha XD. Possibly the most horrible thing I've ever put together in paint. I couldn't take a full shot at the world map from Dragon Fantasy so I had to do it in sections and fit them in accordingly.

This is only above halfway of the world map  :ph34r:
Don't worry, it's not all that big (and it's rather linear, to boot).

World Map

(I suggest you "Zoom in" or else it will look like a horrible mess.)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Is this game as much of a grinder as DQ?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hm? Well, it is definitly not as much of a grinder as any Dragon Quest game, you but still have to level up to get through most places. That, or you just have to fight lots of enemies to make gil for better equipment. The way it is now in the demo is as easy as I will ever allow it to get.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
weeeeeeeee kinda like the dragon quest i use to play on famicomp

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Indeeeed. However, I've gotten people saying it more looks like a GBC game than a NES game >.>

Also, the story (unlike the Original versions/ first demos) is now much more improved. Well, i hope so, at least. Not many people will tell me. Lol.

(Not here, but basically everywhere I post it <.<)