RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Disrespect within the forum - Blizzards Scripts

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
DS - You said this:-
it was posted in that account for a reason.

What do you know that we don't ?...
(About this topic...)

I meant it was posted in an account that emits anonymity, but that's not the point. I would defend any member who posted those scripts. That even includes you, despite my personal feelings towards you.

What do I know about this topic that you don't? A lot apparently, like the point I've stated many times that the only reason I'm at this site is that it does not oppress it's members, that is the only reason I am here as I assure you I want nothing to do with RMs.

I'm sure she knows who posted them. I'm not one to make assumptions, but she DID post in that thread, no big deal, unless you consider she never posts in the RPG Maker forums.

I would defend anyone who did this or something like this in any part of the site because this view is one that sits with me heavily. I would not allow this site to become one of fascism.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I would not allow this site to become one of fascism.

In that case why not put this to a Vote... Make a poll or some thing !!!

Some thing that I hold heavily is respect for the wishes of others.

If this went to a vote and the majority wanted them to stay as they are then fine... I wont say another word...

I still think abusing power to give people one option, your option, or oppressing people's opinions or locking topics due to controversy is being fascist so by your own meassure I would say you have already taken a big step in the wrong direction... You pretty much slate every one as being wrong if they have any other opinion to your own... Is that being Democratic ?

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The way I see it, the poster was actually flaming. He/She did it out of foolish, petty spite, and not out of any desire to aid the community. The object of the flame was Blizzard and people who respect Blizzard, like Falcon and LoS. The post is a flame, plain and simple, and has no other object than to injure people. The intention of the thread was entirely inflammatory, and as you know, flaming is against the rules. Therefore, moderation is required in this instance.

If you dislike that argument, I would point out that the intention and the context of a post matters greatly in determining a flame, even more than content. The same post, for instance this one:

"YOU ARE A FUCKING CUNT BITCH ASSHOLE MOTHERFUCKER"

would be a flame if it was in a serious thread, whereas in SPAM, the post would be taken as a joke. Posting those scripts was a flame, purely intentional, and the poster knew this and that is why he/she hid behind a dupe. It should be deleted on those grounds.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:15:44 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
First of all, I love how you just flew at me because I agree with Saucy, Falcon. Real mature.

I didn't know the password to the anon account until a few hours after this whole thing, you can ask anyone about that.

You are being ridiculous. This is just because Blizzard made them, and everyone who isn't riding your bandwagon can see that. Lately your attitude has been getting on my nerves. I usually stay out of the RM section and leave it to those who are more interested, but If I had known you had been using it as a personal flaming ground, I would have been here double quick.

Everyone: The "Report Post" button exists for a reason. Make use of it. This behavior is not to be tolerated to any extent. Flaming is to stay in the forums where it is designated as acceptable, namely:

Extra Access
The Sewers
Off Topic
Chewey's Spam Forum

From this point on, I'm cracking down on flaming. The mods here are good people, and I'm getting tired of people like you portraying us as monsters.

If you want me to be a dick, I will gladly and wholeheartedly oblige.

Falcon, consider this your final warning. If you continue with your senseless flaming, whether it is part of your personality or not, your posts will simply cease to exist. This is not an empty threat.

For instance:

Link it, then consider it gone.

Furthermore: You press the thought that you have the right to voice your opinion, but when Saucy represents her argument, you call her a villain? Childishness, describable as nothing else. If you wish to speak your mind, you must accept that others have minds of their own. RMRK is not something that belongs to you.

And to make things perfectly clear: To my knowledge it was not Saucy who posted the scripts. Since when has she ever had any kind of interest in RPG Maker?

The dupe accounts exist as a way to protect the identities of staff, so that these baseless accusations may not come to be.

If this behavior continues amongst the users of the RPG Maker section, then there will be certain changes taking place. You are now informed, and any action I deem to be out of line will be acted upon with haste.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
modern algebra - I said some thing along the same lines... But you explained it much better... Thanks !!

The whole thread is just twisted attempt to get people pissed off... I just can't work out why ?...

The way I see things, most people on here didn't miss Blizzard when he left (MOD wise)... So why not just delete the topic... All it's doing is paying homage to some one they seemed glad to see go ?

The only way this makes sense is if it is an act of spite and childishness !!

I deem to be out of line will be acted upon with haste.

Do you think it's fair for Blizzards work to appear back on RMRK after his departure and the events around that time ?

It's more of a case of being fair...

Flacon is a good member, helping and giving to this forum, fair enough he shouldn't be flamming... But I don't see this as flamming... I mean DS is saying if we don't allow Blizzards scripts to appear we are pretty much as bad as the Nazi's... That's Bull !!!...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:09:31 AM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 96
...What makes you people so sure anonymous is a mod account anyway?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91

What I am asking is there away of getting the IP and working out who posted it...?

I haven't pointed a finger or accused any one... Some have... But Have not... I would like to know who done it...

Some thing that still remains an option is Blizzard himself may have posted them here... And if he did, then this topic has no place to be here !!!... There is no argument... So if you could shed some light on who posted the topic that would be great !!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

For instance:

Link it, then consider it gone.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20253.0.html

It is a flame; everything I said above is valid. I expect you to act on your word.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
In that case why not put this to a Vote... Make a poll or some thing !!!

Some thing that I hold heavily is respect for the wishes of others.

If this went to a vote and the majority wanted them to stay as they are then fine... I wont say another word...

I still think abusing power to give people one option, your option, or oppressing people's opinions or locking topics due to controversy is being fascist so by your own meassure I would say you have already taken a big step in the wrong direction... You pretty much slate every one as being wrong if they have any other opinion to your own... Is that being Democratic ?

This has nothing to do with a majority opinion, this has to do with peoples personal rights within this forum. I do not care if every single person disagrees with this, I will not oppress any members rights.

The way I see it, the poster was actually flaming. He/She did it out of foolish, petty spite, and not out of any desire to aid the community. The object of the flame was Blizzard and people who respect Blizzard, like Falcon and LoS. The post is a flame, plain and simple, and has no other object than to injure people. The intention of the thread was entirely inflammatory, and as you know, flaming is against the rules. Therefore, moderation is required in this instance.

Then I would have to assume that you posted them up, seeing as you have such a clear idea of this persons intentions.

The only way this makes sense is if it is an act of spite and childishness !!

Perhaps in your mind, I personally would have raided his site if I myself wanted to be petty, if I had to give a different opinion it looks like someones trying to bring some truly great scripts to this community. The only childish action was when Blizzard himself deleted the originals.

Flacon is a good member, helping and giving to this forum, fair enough he shouldn't be flamming... But I don't see this as flamming... I mean DS is saying if we don't allow Blizzards scripts to appear we are pretty much as bad as the Nazi's... That's Bull !!!...

LOL Godwin's law, topic closed.

But seriously though; yes, I am saying that. You want to oppress a member of this forum because of your personal view, that is exactly what the Nazi's did.

What I am asking is there away of getting the IP and working out who posted it...?

I haven't pointed a finger or accused any one... Some have... But Have not... I would like to know who done it...

Why do you have to put a face on this? You're fighting a principle, not a person.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
IRC You asked for the Anon pass, so it's definatly a mod account.

I'm not flying at you becaue you agree with Saucy, otherwise I'd have listed the whole mod staff. You do seem to be very vocal about this, where other mods, not so much.

Besides, you can ask some people who I've flamed, if you can see past my rude ways of helping people, many times in the end I've helped them.

Also, if I'm flaming in this topic, Modern and LoS are definatly flaming in this topic also.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

It would appear where it says "Logged." I think only Silverline and the account can see it.

Rep:
Level 96
Well that would appear to be the problem here, wouldn't it? No one is completely sure.

Your IP address is shown only to you and moderators. Remember that this information is not identifying, and that most IPs change periodically.

You cannot see other members' IP addresses, and they cannot see yours.

I am a moderator, and I have no way of seeing this information. I would assume it is something a super moderator would have to look into, or Silverline himself. (Though I think that he would probably rather stay out of this.)

My previous comment was a generalized statement, directed at no one in particular.

I asked in IRC, so it means it's a mod account instantaneously? If you'll remember, Irockman1 had access to the FBI account for a time.

Whether or not you helped people in the end, as you say, is irrelevant. Flaming is not to be tolerated in this board.

Rep:
Level 97

Then I would have to assume that you posted them up, seeing as you have such a clear idea of this persons intentions.

It's quite obvious that that was the intention. You'd have to be blind not to see the spite in both the fact that he doesn't credit Blizzard, and his initial response to my objection.

Rep:
Level 96
Now I will say Blizzard should be credited. I wasn't aware that he wasn't. Regardless of where it is posted, it's still his work, and his name should be on it.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
It's quite obvious that that was the intention. You'd have to be blind not to see the spite in both the fact that he doesn't credit Blizzard, and his initial response to my objection.

Your idea of 'obvious' is nothing but a point of view. Unless you did post them up you have no clue the members intent.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
This has nothing to do with a majority opinion, this has to do with peoples personal rights within this forum. I do not care if every single person disagrees with this, I will not oppress any members rights.

The member rights ?... So an Anom Member who posted under a faceless flag has equal rights to every one else...?

The only reason they choose to remain Anom was for the simple reason they knew a divide would be created over this...

Look I am not questioning the actions of the MODS in relation to this... So far nothing has really happened, I mean Saucy you have made your own view very clear, and yet I may not agree you no more wrong than me... I may have too much emotion invested in my replies, and I may have smoked vision...

Lets see what happens...

The last thing I want is to be accused of is flamming... I see this as me sticking up for Blizzard as a Mark of Respect... Nothing more.

Spoiler for:
It's 3.30am here in England I have work tomorrow...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
What's the point of this whole argument? Saucy can never be wrong from what I've been observing.

Rep:
Level 96
Fine, you might be sticking up for blizzard, I give you that.

The member rights ?... So an Anom Member who posted under a faceless flag has equal rights to every one else...?

Damn straight. Unless we give out our information, that's what every single one of us is.

The only reason they choose to remain Anom was for the simple reason they knew a divide would be created over this...

Like saucy said. You did it again.

The last thing I want is to be accused of is flamming... I see this as me sticking up for Blizzard as a Mark of Respect... Nothing more.

No worries, you're cool.

Rest up pal.

What's the point of this whole argument? Saucy can never be wrong from what I've been observing.

Excuse me, Irock? That meant to be a jab at her character? You know, a flame?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If it's 3:30 you'd better get to sleep and we'll continue this in the morning :P

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

A member is a member ?_? yes, he or she still has the same rights as anyone else.

Exactly, if it was anyone else's scripts you wouldn't have cared, you're trying to enforce a biased personal opinion upon others. No one has that right. It's petty authoritarianism.

Rep:
Level 96
I vote for a lock of this thread. All relevant points have been made, statements are being repeated. Objections?

Rep:
Level 102

Excuse me, Irock? That meant to be a jab at her character? You know, a flame?
No, It's a simple statement. Link me to one time she admitted she was wrong.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Exactly, if it was anyone else's scripts you wouldn't have cared, you're trying to enforce a biased personal opinion upon others. No one has that right. It's petty authoritarianism.

Not as much... but I still would care... I mean, I would care if it was any one on here's work that was being exploited... I used to make Maps for UT2003 and a bloke put all my Maps on a CD and sold them on Ebay... I was pissed... So I know how upsetting it can be to be exploited... And for that reason I would jump on any ones bandwagon in defence of exploitation of creative flair...

Is it worth locking this thread...?

You may aswell move it or leave it open until the issue is over turned or an outcome is decided on... people should be OK to state their opinions.

Rep:
Level 97

Your idea of 'obvious' is nothing but a point of view. Unless you did post them up you have no clue the members intent.

Then that is precisely what I did. I did indeed post those scripts, but have since lost access to the Anonymous account. It was in fact my intention to flame, however I now deeply regret it and humbly request that the topic be deleted, as I am quite ashamed of my actions. It was petty and spiteful. Now please, delete the topic for me. I apologize once again to Blizzard and everyone else who I've upset
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:49:38 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, smart angle, but you're still a dirty liar.