RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Seaside Road Tutorial

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Map Type: Seaside Road

Map Size: 23X19

This map is very funny to map with. You can create a very good map, if you think realistic with this map.

First of all, make the sand for the beach. The sand should be on the first layor.

Then, start making the waves, and the sea. You see how I have done? That's the order of the sea tools, when you are making beaches.

Now, you should start adding cliffs, with a nice look stair. Remember to add the details in the caves, suchs as caves, wall details, and things like that.

Now, most of the beach part is done. Just add bushes, rocks, and other funny things. ;) There's some things you could have in the water, like the boats, and some rocks. There's a characterset, called Support-03, wich you can put in the water, to make rocks in the water.

But what about the green area? We can't make it empty. We need to do something.
Here, some tips from my other tutorilas comes. No straight roads.( NOTE: I hate the road that Im using here, but it's because it's with the standard tileset. You could change it if you want)

Much vegitations, so it looks realistic. Use more cliffs if you want. All to make it look good. The same here when you make trees. When you are making the tress, make one helf that the second layor, and the other half at the third layor. You could also divide the tree into 4 sections, where in the bottum half of the tree, were on is on the third layor, and the other one is on the second layer. Doing like this, the trees could stay close together.
If you want, you can tint it night, and so some romantic scenes over it =D

It feels like Im losing the grip of this, so I don't have so much to add.

Hope it will help.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:54:49 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Great tutorial. I also like this tileset.  ;D

Rep:
Level 86
I'll slob on your knob like corn on the cob
Great tut I love it I have been wanting to start mapping so I need more great tuts like this. A++