RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ZiK-Studios starting RPG Project of "Blademasters"

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Project Blademasters
A ZiK-Studios Production

ZiK-Studios was created as a "just for fun" Group. ZikS is a group of friends (Zeldrak, Ivy-Mitsuno and Kirus, hence ZIK) that decided to post their projects with only a group name instead of their own.

This being established, ZiK-Studios now wants to create an RPG based on another work in progress called "Blademasters". The story itself is being developed by Zeldrak (me) along with character design. Ivy-Mitsuno is my assistant with the storyline while Kirus is also helping out with character design while working on his own project.

With the long forgotten idea of creating an RPG based on my story, I decided to take it out again and create the perfect 2-D RPG using RPG Maker XP (back then when i started i used 2k3).

So enter, and discover... the vast world of the "Blademasters".

Meet the Crew

People involved in the project and their positions:

Zeldrak - Original Concept, Story and Characters. (AKA Producer)
Ivy-Mitsuno - Assistant Producer
NAMKCOR Scripter (Haven't heard from him)
shadowdude Mapper (General Mapper) (Haven't heard from him)
Zainox Spriter / Tileset Maker

Who are we recruiting?

I'll be selecting people for the following positions (more to be added if needed):

Town / Dungeon / Overworld Mapper (shadowdude)
Tileset Maker (Zainox)
Battle Animations Creator
Scripter for various things (CMS, CBS, etc.) (NAMKCOR)
Music Composer for the BGM's

Post here with a sample of your work so that I can choose people for the positions.

What's This all About?

Now for the part where i explain a bit of the story, and show you the concept artwork.

The story takes place in a fantasy world where  awar raged for 20 years. This war was fought fiercely between the 4 nations of Terra: Valkyria, Titania, Eteria and Damascia. Each nation had to protect their territory from the other 3, resulting on constant battles for strategic positions. Each kingdom had a Guardian, who called themselves the "Mithycos", each one bearing a Sword of ethereal power to the Chosen of the Kingdom. The swords would mutate according to the chosen's fighting style, thus proving to be the ultimate weapon. In the last stand of the 4 Kingdoms, when no soldiers were left with the will to fight for their Kingdom, the Champions proceeded to create a Peace Treaty among their kingdoms. With the approval of their Kings, Terra returned to peace, and the Swords of the Champions were Imprisoned in their respective kingdoms, kept hidden from the population for centuries.

But now, Titania prepared to rise from their once former glory, when none was prepared. And while peace ruled over Terra, we turn to Valkyria, the Holy Kingdom of the Goddess Valkira, and to our heroes, who's journey will begin with a surprise.

The Cast

Zeldrak Agastos Soshiro
Ocupation: Delivery Boy (Upon arrival to Valkyria)
Description: The last person you'd thought would be a hero in Terra would be a simple delivery boy with an attitude to get in trouble. He is a laid back person, without worries. Living alone in a small house in Valkyria, he is a Prince of Persia-style guy, with a Zidane Tribal attitude.
Concept Character Art: Zeldrak Concept Work Not the final work.

Siegfried Rudora
Ocupation: Squire / Traveller / Enchanter
Description: Searching for the truth behind his unknown childhood, being left as a baby to the care of a band of Thieves, he was raised as one of them but soon became aware of his rightful place in society. Sieg is travelling around the Kingdoms searching for information that might lead to his past and, eventually, his family. Upon arriving to Valkyria, he goes to the palace to request entry into the royal library to search for evience.
Concept Character Art: In Progress.

Tsuta Valkira Namigari (Ivy)
Ocupation: Princess / Magician
Description: The Damzel who is not in distress. She is the princess of Valkyria and the 2nd in line to the throne. With strict discipline of never being able to leave the palace, she dreams day and night of travelling the world to learn the wonderful things the world has to offer. Although not resembling one, she is a very talented magician who can use both fire magic and healing powers at will.
Concept Character Art: Tsuta Namigari by Ivy-Mitsuno

Zaiden Valkira Namigari, the 3rd
Ocupation: Swordsman / Prince
Description: The heir to the throne of Valkyria and Tsuta's elder brother, he sets a role model for aspiring knights. Although he may not look like it, he doesn't like to be Prince. He hates courtesy, preferring to be on the battlefield and remaining only to protect what's most important to him, her sister. Hot-headed when comes to battle, yet calm in personal affairs and obligations, his sence of justice prevails no matter what.
Concept Character Art: In Progress.

These are only some of the heroes, I plan to put a description of all of them here (12 in total).

Mind you that this is a BIG project and i need people wiling to help only if they are very interested in creating such epic game with an extensive storyline and several characters.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:31:10 AM by Zeldrak »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I got to say, you really did a great job with this topic.
I wish you luck with recruiting some great people ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
I got to say, you really did a great job with this topic.
I wish you luck with recruiting some great people ^_^

thank you, i spent about 1 hour preparing it lol

Rep:
Level 87
Im A Legendary Gun To The Max x10
Well i wouldnt mind being your tileset maker.. i have some to show you if you want to see there still unfinished, my computer is curently not letting me post images on forums though for some reason, if you give me you msn i can show you them tomorrow after i get back from school.. Mine is    zainox15@hotmail.com    and no i dont care if other people get it.. I also do character sprites and i can have a go at animations and im also pretty and i can do a few icons for you too.. I can do battlers to but you seem to be doing good at that lol.

Rep:
Level 87
you should use photobucket for image host. I've been using it for 2 years, and never lets me down. better than trying to attatch to a post and waste bandwidth of the forum.

Can't wait to see those, as for abttlers, i won't be doing those, i want a side view system, so i'll need sprite battlers.

Rep:
Level 87
First post updated.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
thanks for adding me, glad I can help out with this game
sounds great

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
What I like?Anime, RPG's...I already said anime?
I could be your mapper, if you like my mapping "style"  ;D
here is the link
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x195/LordTarso/worldmap.png
Current Game> Elemental Saga: The Beginning
Story: 99%
Characters: 100%
Mapping: 0%
Scripts: 99%
Database: 50%

Rep:
Level 87
I could be your mapper, if you like my mapping "style"  ;D
here is the link
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x195/LordTarso/worldmap.png

depending on my needs, I'llPM you if I need your mapping skills.

I may need a really detailed map btw. Want to make this game beautiful with the possible gfx.

Rep:
Level 87
What I like?Anime, RPG's...I already said anime?
Oh, no problem  :)
Good luck with your game
Current Game> Elemental Saga: The Beginning
Story: 99%
Characters: 100%
Mapping: 0%
Scripts: 99%
Database: 50%

Rep:
Level 89
thanks for the add, looking forward to workin on this with you. Its gonna be awesome.

Rep:
Level 87
bumping around. this project is still around if anyone wants to join in.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I might be able to do some mapping and/or scripting. Both those slots are full I notice, and I am not sure if I want to commit become a full team member anyway, but if you ever want something done when the team members are busy or something then I would be happy to do it.

Rep:
Level 87
i'm not thinking of anything script wize i'd want right now, but a mapper would be awesome, since my mapper is AWOL

Rep:
Level 88
This game sounds like its gunna be really good :D
I could be a mapper for you if you still need one. I cant show you any of my work atm cause Im at skool :P
Ill try to get something up asap.
"Wait........ It might be Booby Trapped.........."
"That's O.K. I love Boobies."

Rep:
Level 87
show me some of your works. if i think you're good enough, i'll contact you :D

Rep:
Level 88
here's one map that I did, if you want to see more then I'll try to make another one (or five........)  :lol:

(now that I look at it I dont really like the bottom windows at the front....... and you cant see the door cause its an event  :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 05:30:58 PM by ryuu1991 »

Rep:
Level 87
looks good, i'll see if i can get in touch with my mapper missing in action, if i do not hear from him, then welcome to the team :D

Rep:
Level 88
Alright tnx :D

Rep:
Level 89
OK, yeah you should give the job to him, im still available but with college and everything i hav had like little to no time to do anything actually, that explains the not doing anything, so give him the major things, but if you need somethin else being done (like small mapping jobs, or the odd map ehere and there) then feel free to ask me, you should still have my MSN

Rep:
Level 88
sooo....... Zeldrak.... do I have the job now? lol
this thread has been dead since like tuesday. :P

Rep:
Level 87
sooo....... Zeldrak.... do I have the job now? lol
this thread has been dead since like tuesday. :P

yeah, i just wasn't online, so i couldn't reply, yes, you got the job.

I'll be PM'ing you with the details soon.

BTW shadowdude, if you're still hanging around, and had some spare time, care to make the world map you were doing?

Rep:
Level 88