RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Town Interior Tutorial

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Remember, These Tutorials are very simple. They are for beginners, but pros could watch to ;8

Interior Maps

Lesson one

Ok. I have practiced in inner mapping skills, and I feel done to do this tutorial.

Tileset: Town Interior

Map Size: 20x15

Here we go.

When you make inner maps, don't make them square. That will never work, and it dosen't look great.

This is wrong!!!

Try to make small rooms in the big room, so it looks good.

This is right.

Don't use the same type of floor in the whole house. Mix them, like another type in the kitchen, and another one in the living room, and so on.

Also, some says that walls should be in the second layer.

Wrong!

It works perfect to have it in the first layor.

Now, you can have windows and furniture on the second layer.

And pictures and lamps should be on the third layor.

This is not one of my best maps, but you get the point of how you should do.

Let your imagination take over you, then it will turn out great, like this map.

This map is from my pirate game im working on. I took 20 minutes on this map, and it's one of my best maps I ever done.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 10:19:14 PM by Black Shadow »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
again, nicely done! final looks sweet.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Good tutorial, and your last map is amazing!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Great Tutorial

Rep:
Level 87
Nice tute!  I'll be moving onto interiors soon, so great timing!  Thanks for posting.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
how about a town exterior tutorial i have trouble making towns

Rep:
Level 87
:P
Good tutorial, great map!