RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sunny Forest Tutorial

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Remember, These Tutorials are very simple. They are for beginners, but pros could watch to ;8

Map Type: Sunny Forest

Map Size: 23X19

How to do
Since many of the nature types map has the same mapping system, it's pretty easy to make a Sunny Forest map. This type of map is my kind of favorite, so it's an honor to teach it out.

First of all, make a little road. Since it's a forest, don't make the road straight. It dosen't look realistic, and looks very.....ulgy.

The road works on all layers, but it should be in the first layer.

You could have a little river going through the forest. But not so big, just a little one. If you are planning to have a big one, make it in different forms, and not just a big straight one. You could also use the fallen trees as bridges.

Next, it's time for trees, flowers, grass and stones. You could have the flowers, trees and stones on the third layer, so they can stand on the grass, but I recomend to have the trees on the second layer. Also, you could have a darker part of the grass on the first layer. When you are making the tress, make one half that the second layor, and the other half at the third layor. You could also divide the tree into 4 sections, where in the bottum half of the tree, were on is on the third layor, and the other one is on the second layer. Doing like this, the trees could stay close together.

Now, you think that the map is very empty. But Im not done yet.
Now, on the third layer, it's time to put out the Tree autotile.

Now, you could have some fogs, animals, and stuff like that. It's very fun to make forests maps, and I enjoy it alot.

And here's one I have done.

As I like to say. " Mapping is Imagination".

~Black Shadow
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:50:30 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Great tutorial. They're coming out quite fast too. Good job.

Rep:
Level 87
wow - that bottom one is just beautiful!  Fog is very distracting though.  I'm sure I'll get to this stage eventually, but I don't suppose you can set the fog just on a particular layer (below the trees would be great here - sun shining through the leaves/branches and making a dappled pattern on the ground)?  Or can you change the opacity?  I've not looked at it yet.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 87
:P
That's a great map. really good, good tut too.

Rep:
Level 86
I'll slob on your knob like corn on the cob
I LOVE THIS TUT!!! I am like a fan of yours now. A+

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
No grave digging.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No grave digging.

;o

posting in old topics saying you enjoyed the topic is perfectly FINE.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
aw you ruined my fun  ;9

Rep:
Level 86
Beautiful!!!!!
I wana learn to map like this im getting there i remember the point when i first got rpg maker xp i used to make everything symetrical and straight lol any one else remember there early days hehe...

Rep:
Level 86
Beautiful!!!!!
I wana learn to map like this im getting there i remember the point when i first got rpg maker xp i used to make everything symetrical and straight lol any one else remember there early days hehe...

um...I'm living the good old symetrical days still.  This tutorial will help though.

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Loved it! Hopefully this will help me make better maps, cause I SUCK.

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
this is the best map tutorial I've seen hands down... mind doing some more? ^^;; hopefully some cities towns and dungeons.. xD

other than that is:

Property of DrSword
Rep:
Level 84
Hellbent on heaven.
Genius.

I will do my best to learn from this. I've been no good at mapping up until now. Thanks. ^_^