RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stencyl Game Maker

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Stencyl is a free new game maker that some people are working on. The maker is basically done with kits (Platform Kit, RPG Kit, Fighting KIts, Adventure kits) to make certain games. I read you can get more than one kit and have multiple elements in a game. Looks a bit easier than RMaker

Here is the link http://www.stencyl.com/about/

Well what do you guys think. Any ideas on games you can make with this?.....It seems like things that will take hours to do with RMaker will take just a few clicks with this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:48:03 AM by Zypher »

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
Actually, this looks amazing.... I'm gonna check it out.
Good call man

(maybe this should go in computing? idunno)

EDIT Yuck, it's not even out yet?  Guess I'm gonna hafta wait to try it..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:57:49 PM by TeaBag »
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Wow. That looks great. *bookmarks*
Thanks for the info. :O

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
EDIT Yuck, it's not even out yet?  Guess I'm gonna hafta wait to try it..

lol I have been waiting for this about 2 months now

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I wish there was more information on this, even though it looks great already.

I'm going to fufill my dream by making a Mario game!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whoa, that's awesome! Did you make that, Irock? This program looks cool... I would use it if I wasn't doing a RM project... Maybe I'll use it to mess around with when I'm bored.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
This does indeed look amazing, I will have to definitly keep an eye out for this. Still, seems almost too good to be true.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Whoa, that's awesome! Did you make that, Irock? This program looks cool... I would use it if I wasn't doing a RM project... Maybe I'll use it to mess around with when I'm bored.
I wish. The program isn't even released yet.

EDIT: MOAR
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:54:09 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
guess its a sticky now.....and IROCK I actually never saw it in action, the physics are almost exactly like a mario game

Rep:
Level 102
I think we have an alpha version coming soon. ;D

Topic about it being released this month
Quote from: Glenn
the release that was to be soon is only an alpha, not a final release, so that would still explain all the discussion, for the rest, I leave to Jon.
Quote from: Irockman1
Will that be a public alpha release?
The Alpha release was to be public.
Quote from: Irockman1
By "was to be" you mean it won't be?
When it comes out it will be public.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Nice, I am so downloading this when it comes out.

Rep:
Level 88
This looks very promising. I look forward to this.

I hope it comes soon. ;D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hopefully it will be easier to use then RPG maker and Game Maker. However, most likely it will not. Still, can't wait for it to come out.

I'd like to see that Mana pack in action. That and the Mega man one are the ones I have my eyes open for.

Rep:
Level 102
I was chatting with some of the staff, and they said it is very easy to use, although that's the staff.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Some people find Game Maker easy....while others don't.

Some people find RPG Maker easy....but others don't.

etc.

I'll find out when it gets released, I guess.

Rep:
Level 88
This looks amazing!
I can't wait to try it.

Rep:
Level 87
Some people find Game Maker easy....while others don't.

Some people find RPG Maker easy....but others don't.

etc.

I'll find out when it gets released, I guess.

I agree, Game Maker wasnt easy for me. But RPG maker is easier.
Project: MegaMan  1% Complete.
Title: done.
Story line: 75%
Sprite: 2%
Music: 2%

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Well any of you guys have any ideas for what you can do on Stencyl ? I'm already thinking about a Megaman type game....Maybe Minigames !!!! LIke Mario Party

Rep:
Level 102
I'm going to make an old school style Mario game. It'll be so fun. ;D

Maybe we'll even get a Stencyl section.

Rep:
Level 87
This looks amazing! Nice find!
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i cant find any info on it but stencyl doesnt seem to have scripting support and the default buttons allow for two actions until i know more i dont think ill be using this

meh the power of posting :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:43:16 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm chilling in the IRC channel right now even though I don't ever plan on using the program. These guys are pretty cool.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
This looks kick ass and i would love to see a metal slug pack for it *drool* metal slug  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You could probably use the mega man pack to make a metal slug game, dude.