RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Tutorial] The Nubes guide on how to upload games.

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
So, you've done your game and now you want to share it, sweet! One problem, how in hell am I gunna get it on the internet! Simple! Follow these steps!

NOTE: Normal RMXP is the same as the free one from the tut.

1. File > Compress Game Data/Make Game Disk
RMXP: The Free One from the Tut to get it for free:
RPG Maker XP Postility Knights Edition:

2. A new window will pop-up. This indicates the location your file will go to. You'll see in a sec. I like to put it on my desktop, it's your choice. 

Note: Notice Encrypt Data/Create Incripted Archive? If you chose to click on this it just means that when you distribute your game no other player can look at your project reasources and rip or take your game and make it their own, this is like when you buy a computer game, you can't look into the games code and screw it up, this is the same idea.

3. Once you click OK, a new screen will pop-up showing the extracting stage to, in this case, your desktop, or wherever you directed the file to go. Another screen will pop up saying that it's done.

4. Now it should be an icon on your desktop looking like this:

Now, this is where we get it onto the internet.

5. Look for an uploading site, theres a list just right here:http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,14238.0.html

Once you've found it, I'm using Megaupload, get it, press the browse button, and go to your desktop, once you've found it, click on it. Enter a discription, accept liscense, and you're done! You will get a link once it's finished uploading, this is the link you post for people to see your game.
==============================================================================

After you upload I suggest testing the link, click on it, and a download should start, press Save to save it unto your desktop (or whatever) and then click on your icon, it'll look the same as the other one you made, now it should start extracting data to a new folder, which will appear whaever you'd like to to appear, now click on the folder, if you said for it to create an Encrypt Data/Create Incripted Archive you will only have the option of playing your game, if you didn't check this box you'll be able to see how you made your game.

And that's it! Hope it helped, any questions post!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yay now I can just give a link instead of writing it out xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
This is good! Lots of screenshots and this helps both legal/PK users! Nice! :D

Rep:
Level 88
The light in the middle of a night
Uhhhmmmm nice tut...
I guess that it will help.
I'm a multitasker!
Projects:
Project Nakabi: Dark Killer, and The Dark Clock

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
yaaay
good work but please stop advertising MegaUpload >.<  I hate it everybody uploads there and if i need like 4 things I cant get them :p + I hate the waiting time xD

Anyways thanks for the tut.  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you. Honestly I didn't want to be the dude to do this, and I'll stop advertisting Mega Upload :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I don't think this is meant to be in the RM2k/2k3 folder?  It's for XP.

Sorry if this is annoying rather than helpful.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's pretty much the same for any maker, but you are right that the graphic used is RMXP and so it would be better there.

Rep:
Level 88
[spam]Lol, wow I dont even remember making this tutorial  :=:[/spam]

Yeah I'm glad it helped out, I made it mostly so you could just link to it, for other people.